March 18th, 2009

Top 11: Alexis Grace is going home

Alexis Grace gave it a shot but her rendition of "Jolene" did not convince the judges to use their one and only save of the season.

Alexis Grace

Now she won't get to "dirty it up" next week.

Do you think the judges made the right decision? Did the right person go home?

- Lisa Respers France, CNN.com Writer

Filed under: American Idol judges

1. harmony

megan should have gone home! all these people are talking about scott and michael but really it should be megan, scoot and michael! the only reason megan is still on there is because shes gorgeous. at least scott can play piano and he has some vocal talent and michael sounds good (in my opinion) but the only thing ms. megan has going for her is her looks and unique sound (no vocal talent AT ALL!!!) she had better go home tonight or im boycotting the show

April 1, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Keith

I think this was the perfect time for the judges to have used the trump card. The show is American Idol, not Country Idol. I don't even understand why they bring that genre in to the competition. Why don't they have an Opera night, a Punk night, A capella night??? So she had a bad night singing a country song, she rocked before and the judges should have kept her around. My bet is Simon and his group have already signed her to a contract!

March 26, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Darlene

I think they made a big mistake.. She had such an awesome voice.
    Too bad.

March 23, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Trish

I cannot believe they let Alexis go. She was one of my top picks. She just picked the wrong song for her vocal range. The judges were wrong.

March 23, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Karen

Agree with the judges. She was nothing that great – although she would certainly disagree – just ask her.. She remarked on Regis and Kelly that she doesn't want a record deal (I guess they hand those out like candy) but wants to be on Broadway, because New York is a "neat" city. Oy! Glad she and the "dirty up" comments are gone . . .

March 23, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Leigh

Btw, I LOVED Adam's version of Ring of Fire. I want an ipod JUST so I can get that song.

And what the heck was up with Carrie's hair and dress? She is usually a knock out and that night she just looked... weird.

March 23, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Leigh

I can't believe a singer with that much talent was sent home, and yet Scott remains. He should have left weeks ago. I like him, and think he is a fairly good singer, but he has been receiving the pity vote and honestly doesn't have enough singing talent to have gotten this far without it.

March 23, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. sofia soco.

Alexis is one of my favorites. Simon didn't get her and Voters got it wrong! And of the two, Michael should definitely have been the one to go.
    But too early to use a "Save" no question. I hope a smart label picks Alexa up so we can see more of her.

March 22, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lynn

She should still be on the show. She is one of the better performers this season – one of the top 6.

March 22, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. americanidol8

The judges got it right...

March 22, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. pamaoc

I agree with the judges. She got the lowest votes. When given the chance it just wasn't up to what her potential is, last week and this week I really listened to her. She was shouting more than singing.

She has great potential she isn't there yet, she will be one day.

March 22, 2009 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. tracy

If you were voting on that single performance, her version of jolene sucked. It was flat and off key. The judges definately made the right decision. There are other contetants that are so much better. Even if she made it through it would have been just a matter of time before she left.

March 21, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lisa

SCOTT should have gone a long time ago. Nice young man, nice story, decent pianist, but, not Idol material.

March 21, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  14. dionna

Alexis is so talented. The public always gets it wrong, cases in point david cook, rubin the hicks guy...... And the anoop guy should get the boot.

March 20, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sarahe

I liked Alexis, thought she did very well, who i didnt think did well was adam.

March 20, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kathy T

Don't worry- Alexis is far from finished. American Idol is not the end for her, merely the beginning. She will come out on top. I promise you that. It hurt to see her have to go through that much at the end. I think the last performers to EVER feel that kind of pressure were back in the Roman Empire days. "Sing for your life or feed the lions"!!! Besides, the judges didn't like her song on Tuesday night, why do you think they will like it then? It's okay, though. Alexis has wonderful things in store!!! Mark my words.

March 20, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Justin

Danny's "Jesus Take the Wheel" was hokey and overdone - Scott would definitely not have made it past the first round were he not blind - Alexis deserved to go as much as Michael, plus her attitude cost her the chance of being saved, did you see how she was fuming? Completely ungrateful for the opportunity - Adam's screaming is getting old - Matt and Lil are the best, I also like Kris cause he's so damn cute

March 20, 2009 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mimi

Alexis Grace was great and should have made the top 10, but NOT great enough for a save!! I think Chris should have been the one to go..then Michael...then however it falls from there.

March 19, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rudy

Why are you guys so bothered about these kids ? They have already made it. See the case of Jennifer Hudson v. Simon Cowell ! Don't worry, Alexis will be fine. Now go get a life !!!

March 19, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. David Knapp

I like country music but I don't think anybody should sing a classic country song. Sing a more pop sounding song and play it safe.

March 19, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ORMAN

I think that decision was the right one. Trying to be someone that you're really not is a big deal. Being a singer myself, I have noticed that most times, when she sings, she falls flat a little bit, and is not really able to power-up the high notes. You need to be able to do that and she just didn't have it.

March 19, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Carolyn

I agree with "John"... Scott should have left the show last night. Not Alexis. I was shocked to see her go at this point. Wouldn't you just love to know what the actual number of points are for each contestant?

March 19, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Laurin

I believe Alexis should have been saved and that American Idol eliminate Grand Ole Opry Night all together from future competition.

March 19, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Chris

This elimination was absolute rubbish as Simon would say. Ridiculous.

March 19, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Casey - Sebastopol, CA

I think that Alexis should have sung the Patsy Cline song (she was dressed like Patsy would have dressed) instead of Jolene. Her voice is much better than Megan's.

Scott's OK, but not idol quality. I thought Anoop did himself proud... but frankly, it's Matt and Adam. I hope Matt wins because he's truly talented... but Adam is quirky and weird and a great singer.

His rendition of Ring of Fire was very Jim Morrison/Doors in their most trippy incarnation.

March 19, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sandi

Get rid of Scott. Terrible. Wake up about Adam. He is a true talent, but should be on Broadway, not a recording artist. Knowing the voters, Lil will probably win.

March 19, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LisaMichele

Yes, they got it wrong. Alexis Grace out performed at least four others - Michael Sarver, Allison Iraheta , Lil Round and Danny Gokey. The last two did good on the chorus, but messed up on the verses. The judges again are looking for a certain type and that's what they will emphasize because they were going goo-goo over those that did not perform that well.

March 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Noop Dawg

I believe Alexis is a good singer, but guys you have to admit that this is a great pool of talent. On a given day i believe all 11 could be American Idol. I know Scott is monotonous, Adam's persoanlity suits more on a girl, Anoop looks to be a gentleman singer who defintely cannot rap 🙂 Lil Rounds has known issues singing country music, I really find issues undersatnding what Michael sings but but...all of them are good. Perhaps the best top 10 ever in American Idol. I would miss Alexis but truth is there will only be 1 American Idol...

March 19, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. augusta422

I can't believe you people who say that Adam is not good!!! I think you all need to look past his image and listen to his vocals!!! Unbelieveable range and control. The group this year are extemely good. I also think Meghan should have been one of the ones in the bottom last night along with Scott. I agree that he is just getting a sympathy vote at this point. Very good on the piano, good voice, but not Idol material.

March 19, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Doug

Hated to see her go. One of my favorites...

March 19, 2009 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Roger

Having been a fan of AI for the entire 8 years, I have to say this has to be one of the most talented TOP groups ever assembled. I have to go along with the judges on this one as the one and only save should be used a little later in the run down. I see the top five as being Danny, Lil, Adam, Matt, and Kris. In any event, they are all incredibly talented and am really looking forward to this summer's tour!!!

March 19, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. IJ

My kids and I enjoy the show and regardless of opinions – everyone has one – do we really need to be insulting? Dorkey's performance was like an abortion? That's sensitive. The fat guy and the blind guy? People of many ages read this blog. Do we need to talk like this? Disappointed but not in the show...

And I won't be back.

March 19, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Rose

I agree with last night. That song was horrible. The point of this show is to find someone unique who can really put their own spin on different songs. Adam is the only one who does this. Just because someone can sing doesn't mean they have what it takes to MAKE IT.

Adam all the way!!

Go Adam!

March 19, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Marcy

Alexis was a top contestant in the competion and did not deserve to go home at this point. It should have been Michael or Scott to hit the road. She has way more talent than either of them. At the end of the day she was never going to win the competition but a lot more of the contestants deserved to go before her.

March 19, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rachael

I liked her..she had great potential but I am gald they did not save her. There are def. other people that they need to save that for who I think could go further than she could.
    On a side note: I think Michael should have went home...his time is up. When country music is his forte' and he doesnt do it well, yea, its time to go.

March 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Eric

Alexis is no American Idol and is just average in the scope of things. This competition is about a singer that is unforgettable and will be hot for years to come. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are examples of former winners that fit in this category of greatness. Don't get me wrong, I could not touch a hair of talent that most these folks posses. I just think when we stop and take a realistic view at this years contestants, Danny and Adam are unique. That is it. The rest are just shower singers.

March 19, 2009 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Gerry

I am completely shocked that America continues to buy into that prima donna Adam Lambert who, like Simon, I thought was really horrible.

I saw a funny commentary on Adam the other day that I think was spot on. This was the link http://thedailyrake.com/?p=574 but I don't know if it changed since.

Sorry to see Alexis go, I think the judges conspired to get her off the show for reasons unknown to us because she really did a good job.

March 19, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Mark

Im sorry but I don't believe she was actually voted off by the public. While she is not my favorite this year, she is probably in the top 3-4. I find it very interesting that the judges were giving her a VERY hard time for a fairly good performance. It was almost as if they wanted her off the show. I am left thinking that the only possible way this could happen is that the votes are rigged.

March 19, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jessica

i agree with everybody about the whole scott and sympathy card thing. he is a very good pianoist, but this competition isnt about being able to play the piano. i also agree that that megan girl is a little weird dancer and it isn't "cute" to show off her "sleeve" to the world. yeah, we know you have it, now cover it up. i do love her voice though. it reminds me of a type of blusey 30's type dance club voice. it's very indie and i love that type. uhh, i think lil rounds, danny and kris will be in the top 3 people. everybody else will get old soon.

March 19, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jaymie

I LOVE YOU ALEXIS GRACE!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  41. Anna

I don't blame the judges because it's America that votes-America got it wrong. The judges are saving their save for someone later on. I am not a fan of Lil because she's too much like Fantasia, who I wasn't a fan of either(she screams when she sings). Adam does nothing for me-he's terrible, I'm rooting for Danny all the way. I think Scott has an ok voice and I really liked him but I think everyone is right that he's there because of sympathy votes.

March 19, 2009 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  42. KD

The Scopp is that Alexis Grace signed a recording contract right after the show. It makes sense that the judges didn't save her to remain in the Top 10, the girl is going to be busy on her OWN tour...

Kudos to Alexis Grace the True American Idol!!!

March 19, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  43. Michelle

I agree Megan needs to go and they did make the wrong choice on sending Alexis home. But look who ended up winning last year,guys!! I can't stand to see Megan sing either she does the same moves in every song. WHO taught her how to dance? Oh and that tattoo'd arm is sooo ugly!!! she should cover it up and not wear those "show all" dresses!!!

March 19, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. TimVFTW

Please all of you on here crying about Scott and sympathy vote. He isn't a good singer and should be gone but Danny has played the sympathy call to absurd lengths. He is another Taylor Hicks and it would kind of funny to see him win to see how irrelevant this show has become. The last winner to make it big is Carrie Underwood. Look at the string since then. Danny might have a modest career as A christian singer but that's it. He is extremely overrated.

March 19, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  45. tom Nulty

No....sure she had a bad week and am sure the stress of singing last night looking at the judges making a call on the performance must've been tough...but she has amazing talent and wished she could've had a chance to show it next week. Meghan SHOULD have gone home..she's AWFUL...and those 'moves'..makes me wince.

March 19, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  46. Exene

Sarver or McIntyre should have gone, if the votes weren't a popularity contest (how do you explain Alison in the bottom three otherwise). I don't blame them for not using the save though– the judges want Lil or Danny to win and will use it for one of them, if need be– if it had been Lil (or maybe Danny), they would have used the save. I also think she should not have taken the "get dirty" business so seriously from the judges– she was adorable and talented on her own– she didn't seem that comfortable with the persona that they wanted her to be. I'm hoping that Adam wins– love him!

March 19, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  47. marilyn smith

I feel that Alexis should not have gone home. However the reason she did was because she tried to be something she was not. If she would have just been herself and chosen better songs she would have done well, she has the talent. Hopefully she can find another path to success. The person who should have gone home and in fact should never have been in the top 12, is that Meagon. She is a terrible singer!!!!! I can't believe Simon has let that one go.

March 19, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  48. Perspective

A few things:

1. Alexis deserved to be in the top ten but did not deserve to be saved – simple as that. Clearly America should have voted Michael off. I mean, this should have been his wheelhouse and all he could produce was a festive song that displayed no vocal ability whatsoever.
    2. I seem to agree with certain posters that Gokey is annoying – I can't see him selling many records, then again, at times he's got a voice.
    3. ADAM! Get some perspective people. I know he's weird, but the dude can flatout sing. He has so much control of his voice and can hit so many different notes. I hear a mix of Axel Rose and Thom Yorke everytime I listen to him. With that said, in order to win over America he is going to have to tone down the theatrics a bit and perfrom a no frills song that puts his voice front and center. I think people will come around on him – he's my pick!

March 19, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  49. TamsToy

Bad mistake...that girl could sing her ARSE off! Poor choice of song is what got her kicked off. Sad!

March 19, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  50. molly

Its so fixed. I bet they let amerioca MAYBE pick the bottom 3 to two but last years and this years I swear its fixed/ I mean come on besides Allison's red hair and Adam. Everyone else could be on Sesame street.

Given i am 27 and a mom of two kids under 8, but still come on Idol has gone PG in what is the Correct MORAL thing to do too many times.

Someone said it good. Alexis with Jolene wasn't the best but she tried and why, oh why does anyone get ripped for not sounding Country? I thought even LIL Rounds tried hard to get it right and again I am not a big fan either Allison is my favorite girl Alexis was the close second. Too many guys is right.

March 19, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  51. Andy

I also wanted to add that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood were excellent!

March 19, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  52. Sarah

Personally the whole show is based on popularity and too much drama. After so many years on television each of the original 3 judges are so predictable that you know how they will react. I stopped watching the show simply because there were no contestants above 30 years old–don't older people deserve a chance too? Also to use the word "idol" takes away from all the great musical artists who preceded this show over the past several decades. These contestants have not earned such a title–it takes many years of successful peformance, great selling recordings and a cult following of fans devoted to a performer's genre before they can be eligible.
    Also, there should be different winners in different music types-one for country, one for rock/roll, one for blues, etc. But "crowning" one person for them all is not fair.

March 19, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  53. Barb

I am very disappointed Alexis is gone....a favorite of mine from the beginning. I agree with all the people who think the "Save" is stupid. The judges got to choose who we get to choose from and it should be left that way....America's choice. They are saving their "Save" for Danny.....I think it's a set up that Gokey will win. I was glad to read that not everyone is a fan of his. I think he's the arrogant one and the one who thinks he's the big winner. I agree with Mel about his sympathy tale.....and what's with a different pair of glasses every week?? Back to Alexis.....the judges did her wrong....and Simon is nothing but RUDE. The way the judges sat in their circle right in front of Alexis as she sang Jolene for the last time, looking at her and whispering, reminded me of mean clicky school kids -then to come back and say "you're not good enough." VERY MEAN

March 19, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  54. Andy

I am rooting for Michael. I agree that he's a nice guy, but he is a good singer as well. Maybe not the most polished, but he's a working man who's taking this singing thing and not already a singer who is using Idol to launch their career.
    Alexis is very talented and I am disappointed that she left so soon. Megan and Scott are the weakest vocally. I know Anoop has a lot of fans but he comes across as smug to me and is just a pretty good singer. I am becoming a fan of Kris and Matt and hope they make the top 6.

March 19, 2009 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  55. Pat

Did you see the scowling look Alexis gave when Randy called her the wrong name? Mike should have gone & it will be Mike, Kris, Scott or Allison next week. The final selection has already been ordained: Danny, Adam & a dual for 3rd between Anoop & Matt. AI is rigged, America votes? yes, does it count? no. The producers pick. Come on america wake up!!

March 19, 2009 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  56. Tina

Meghan is terrible! I think she is pretty which is why they are deaf to her terrible singing and that rendition of "walking after midnight"...OH – that was BAAAAD...sick or not, she needed to go.
    And Scott – sympathy votes for sure – he cannot sing.
    Alexis Grace was GREAT and sorry Jolene didn't go over – she still had talent
    This went way wrong America...
    Judges – you didn't do a good job with this one either.
    Scott and Meghan are the two that needed to go!

March 19, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  57. J

I love that everyone continues to blame the American Public for getting this one wrong. The American Public collective opinion is that they didn't get this one wrong. Majority rules.

March 19, 2009 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  58. Emmy

OMG.. I was SOOOOOOOOOO mad when Alexis Grace had to go home. It was unbelievable. I was really hoping that Micheal Sarver would just GOOOO home. I started crying! That was so not fair! Micheal sucks.. and his song that he sung the previous day wasn't even good! I couldn't even understand a single lyric, it was RUBBIIISHHHH.. and Alexis Grace's song Jolene, was good! Yes, she hit some notes a little off but I thought it was still GOOD, and I thought she would still have a chance! Goshdangit! She was my favourite!!

March 19, 2009 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  59. Randall Davis

There is a major sound quality issue with American Idol this year. It is very irritating and if not fixed soon the show will lose viewers.

See this website for more comments:

March 19, 2009 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  60. KingRob

My goodness.here's the order.
    Alexis needed to go...terrible resinging of boring ol Jolene. She couldn't tell a story...just sang well.

No need to worry people, next to go: Meghan, Blindmelon, Sarver, Anoop and then Allison.

Finals are Fantasia lil Rounds – Gokey – Dueling Piano – and Kris.
    Don't be too surprised when Gokey goes down in the final two or three.

March 19, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  61. Steve

Adam is 27 yrs old and wears more make-up than mannequin. He is 27 yrs old and that Emo-Goth look is so 2003. He is trying sooo hard to be cool. Cool is natural, not something you need to acquire. He needs to go now with that whole affected thing he has going on!

March 19, 2009 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  62. Peter

I just *cannot* believe this – she was my favorite contestant by a long measure. If this is truly what the American people want, then it's no miracle that there is so much crap on the radio.

March 19, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  63. molly

Bravo Billy K why do we have to hae the Idols sing a certain Artist every week.

At least adam is CREATIVE, to people knocking him. Danny isnt creative he is amazing but a CD by him will be BORING I can see him singing like Nick Lachey and its only ballads and soulful songs. I am too rocker and such.;

This season BORES me. A Kris album boring, he reminds me of the guy that missed the bus on High School Musical lol sorry.

Again thanks for the results seriously! Loved it

March 19, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  64. molly

I live on the west coast in Oregon and I WELCOME IT.....

Thank you Thank you, I dont to have to wait and half the time I am putting my two kids dwon to bed and are up and down. I have Tivo but, I can know ahead of time and not have to rush around

I am very close to not watching the show besides to see them sing and forget the results crap.
    Alexis is not my favorite, Adam is and 95% of my love for him is the singing. I agree with someone above america does vote but the SHOW picks and chooses who I swear every year it goes this way. I notice whom they pair with in the bottom and its the great SHOCKER.

Danny will probably win and a lot i have read vote because him losing his wife which is wrong he does sing well. Michael, the JT wannabee I cant stand FAKEness and sympathy votes for the other guy is insane alexis should be on tour not THose guys, Kris gets by thanks to chicks digging him too

March 19, 2009 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  65. Denise

Are you kidding me??? After the performance that Adam dude did...please. People are we all tone deaf or what? This girl had the complete package. She had one heck of a voice, her personality was outstanding and she is soooo cute!!! Everything this industry is geared to, what did we just do????

March 19, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  66. Idol Chatter

The judges got it right–neither of those two deserved to be "saved."

America got it wrong–Michael Sarver should go home. He's not a great singer and he's gotten cocky in the past couple of weeks. Since only country folks could understand his song on country night, then he needs to be on Nashville Star. Everyone who watches Idol isn't a country fan. And he won't let the judges have the last word–he's got to respond to everything with some weak justification. So what he was "having fun"–isn't this a singing contest?

It should have been him or Megan, who also can't sing. She's cute as a button, but again, isn't this a singing contest? Same ol' crap every year. It becomes a popularity contest, then no one buys the winner's music, with the exception of Clarkson and Underwood.

March 19, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  67. Tiffany

The judges definitely made the right choice not to use the save. Although Michael instead of Alexis should have gone home. But the purpose of the save is to use later on when Danny, Adam or Lil Rounds is in danger. They're the strongest ones that deserve a save.

March 19, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  68. Anne

I wish the judges would have saved her- she is WAY more talented than Michael Sarver and Megan Corkrey!

March 19, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. Jim

No way the judges were going to save anyone this week. It's a "rules" thing: The "Save Rule" says the following week will eliminate 2. Had they saved Alexis, we would have 11 after this week and 9 after next. In other words, no final 10!

March 19, 2009 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  70. Jen

Am I the only one that think Alexis got kicked off to get rid of the rumor regarding the "top 4"? Earlier this week an "idol insider" comes out and says she knows who the top 4 are: Adam, Danny, Lil, and Alexis. Well, they're not going to get rid of Adam, Danny, or Lil, so Alexis was the easy way out and now that she's gone, the competition is no longer "fixed." Don't get me wrong, I love Idol, but something doesn't sound right to me...

March 19, 2009 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  71. Laurie

Has anyone considered that maybe Alexis wanted to go home? She is a single mom of a very young child. Her time will come, but the timing is not right now.

March 19, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  72. C

How come nobody mentions Kris. Not being a hater but (to me) he should have been gone a long time ago. Megan is cute but thats about it (can't sing well) neither can Alexis. i wouldn't have sent her home instead of Micheal though but look at what talent we have left. the top four in my opinion are and not in any order are Lil, Matt, Adam, and danny

March 19, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  73. jenn

Wrong, wrong, wrong...........I had to DVR since I was away from home, then I deleted the show after my sister told me who was voted off. Went to bed upset with the judges and still deciding if I'll continue to watch the show.

March 19, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  74. Lisa

To those of you who like Meghan because she's quirky.......what is up with that? I have never seen a musician that could not hold a beat. If you cannot dance, you cannot hold a beat and this girl absolutely cannot dance. It is laughable that she is still in this competition. While I realize this is not a dance competition being able to move while singing is called stage presence......she has none, zero, zilch.

March 19, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  75. Blah blah blah

Would some please explain the judges' (and apparently America's) love for Megan? She is a mediocre singer at best, has limited range, and her "dancing" makes Elaine Benis look like she has rhythym. Alexis is far superior to both Megan and Michael. Of course, I guess the voters are the same people that voted to convert our government to socialism last November, so Alexis' ouster by the American public shouldn't be any great surprise.

March 19, 2009 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  76. ellorysgirl

IMO, Sarver was 1000 times worse always than Alexis ever was. Too bad she made Jolene into a loser of a song. She has tons of potential. I'm sorry the judges didn't acknowledge that. In addition, she's beautiful. Sorry, Alexis, I wish you could have stayed. I can't think of any of the others who will deserve the "save" more. Bummer, now there are only 3 girls left, eh?

March 19, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  77. CJL

Sorry to have seen Alexis go. She really has talent.

March 19, 2009 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  78. Mary

I think she was fantastic. Very surprised she was voted off. I actually thought she was one of the best.

March 19, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  79. Tiffany

Wow.. that's crazy! Megan is horrible.. horrible! Alexis had so much more talent than her. All you voters out there who voted for Megan should be ashamed.. she needs to go home.. not people who can actually sing. GO CHRIS!!

March 19, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  80. Olga D.

I was so sorry to see Alexis go. 'Jolene' was not her best performance by a mile but the girl is so talented. Simon said weeks ago that she got soul. As always, well almost, he was 100% right. I hope she will get some recording offer.

March 19, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  81. motioto

No way, she should have been saved. I think she is in the top 5.

March 19, 2009 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  82. JJ Jones

Alexis was cute. If she needs a shoulder to cry on, I'll provide one. It doesn't really matter who goes home in the next month. None of them have a shot at winning.

March 19, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  83. creeksiide

too bad they voted her off. My wife and I were enjoying the season. We actually had her picked as a top 3 , possibly a winner. I think now we are going to ind something else to do with a Tues and Wed night

March 19, 2009 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  84. Molly

I think Sarver should have gone home. I think they sent Alexis home to quell the rumors that have been going around that she is one the pre-chosen final four.

March 19, 2009 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  85. Cindy Lord

Should have been Megan going home. However, of the three in the bottom she would be the one I'd pick to go home. It's too early in the show for the judges to use their only save. You won't see that for a few more weeks. I am starting to get sick of Adam. He is to theatrically for me

March 19, 2009 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  86. Caren

I can't believe Alexis is going home before Matt (who is horrible) and scott the piano player are still there. Last week I was disappointed with jasmine going home now this. Obviously, this isnt a singing competion, it is a competion about who's friends can dial the most. when American Idol limits their voting amount then the competion will be legit. People should be allowed to vote maybe 10 times and that way the person that is really liked will win. My family is now recording Idol to maybe watch at a later time.

March 19, 2009 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  87. Kim

I didn't get to watch the show but I'm really disappointed reading the result. I can't believe Alexis went home, she was a great singer. Megan should've been voted off instead. All of her songs sound the same, there's no variation and she looks ridiculous when she tries to dance. And what's up with her changing her name every week???

March 19, 2009 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  88. Marlene

I think Alexis should have stayed and the 2 guys, the one that sang the Johnny Cash song, and the one that was in the bottom 2 with her should be OUT OF THERE. Neither one of those guys can sing, especially Micheal Sarver, he tries too hard and it messes up his performances.

March 19, 2009 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  89. CherylS

If the judges has used their "Save" on Alexis Grace, they wouldn't have it to use on someone like Lil or Adam. There are too many contestants left who are better than she is. They made the right decision. She's a cutie and may end up with a recording contract anyway.

March 19, 2009 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  90. Chris C.

I think the judges did her a disservice, not because they didn't save her, but because they kept harping about her needing to "dirty it up" every week. She bought into that and she and the judges kept repeating it. I don't think the public likes a phony. By saying she had to dirty herself up each week, she appeared as someone who was not being herself. It's too bad. She is beautiful, an attractive presence on stage, and she sings well. I thing she'd still be there if the judges just shut up with all their "dirty it up" talk.

March 19, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  91. Mark

She was one of the best ones there. I've been losing interest in American Idol over the past few seasons... it's clear they aren't picking the most successful artist – Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtery – instead picking these lightweight pop stars such as Taylor Hicks, and who was the guy last year? Haven't heard a peep out of him.

Dancing with the Stars – here I come – forget about Idol...!

March 19, 2009 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  92. rundmc

Another comment....I think the dangling of the "save card" is cruel especially when someone is criticized by her song selection and then is told to sing it again and we will see if we keep you or not. Alexis poured her heart out attempting to get saved and should have been. Others were more deserving to go than her.

March 19, 2009 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  93. rundmc

This obviously wasn't her best; however, Michael or Megan should have been sent home instead. And this "dirty it up" crap is just plain stupid. Who makes up this stuff? That sure didn't help Alexis in her campaign to stay. So she has herself and the judges to blame. If I hear one more thing about Michael and his sappy stories I think I will BARF. Enough!

March 19, 2009 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  94. ivivivivivivi

as far as alexis' potential is concerned, giving her the boot is an unfair decision.

AMERICA, why put her in a place where she can be let go?
    michael sarver has a good voice, but has no chances of becoming an idol.
    scott mcintyre has not been challenging in his past 2 performances. i like him, but he could get off the idol contest now and start a record or something. it's clear he has an artist in him.

this is what i think anyway.

on the bright side, my top 3 anoop, megan and matt are still there and getting better. matt, whoohoo!

March 19, 2009 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  95. Janice L. Monigold

Adam should have been gone, not Alexis! Adam didn't sing Country, the only thing Country was the title of the song he sang.

March 19, 2009 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  96. AJ

A cryin shame for Alexis, but the judges were right not to use the save yet. The song choice just killed her. If she would have chosen something like a fun Jennifer Nettles hit she would still be flying high. She also has to figure out how to deal with the pressure better. She was coming off way too serious and almost a little angry and defeated. What happened to that genuine little cutie with no worries under the funny hat?? Alexis has more star power than Scott and Michael put together - by a bunch. FIGHT ON ALEXIS! You have amazing talent and you have learned some valuable lessons early. Make a few tweaks and make another run. You'll get there!!

March 19, 2009 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  97. Elle

Adam Lambert is really talented. Granted last night was a train wreck for him but when he performs you can't NOT watch him. Reminds me of a younger Mick Jagger...with better vocals. Mesmerizing. He may not fit the clean-cut image of AI but I'd pay to see a concert of his over any of the others

March 19, 2009 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  98. Joy

they stuck it to us again. There is NO way Megan is still on this show and Alexis went home. NO WAY. I'm so disgusted with these results! And then to tease her and not save her...that was just cruel. EVeryone at this point has a shot–really good, diverse singers this year. Megan did NOT deserve a spot on the tour. Ugh.

March 19, 2009 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  99. Julie

I expected Alexis to be in the top four–I thought Michael and Scott would be long-gone. Maybe she'll go the way of Jennifer Hutton and become a bigger star than this season's eventual winner!

March 19, 2009 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  100. mks

I agree with America and the judges. It was definitely time for her to go ... she's boring.

March 19, 2009 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  101. lfy

I'm very disappointed Alexis went home. That girl is loaded with talent. Adam Lambert should have gone home, although I know that's not going to happen since he has so many people believing he's great. He's downright creepy.

March 19, 2009 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  102. Mindy

I don't think Alexis should have gone home, but with a competitive field like this one, we shouldn't be surprised if we lose some of the better singers in the early rounds. It's a shame she missed out on the tour, too. I do not think this was a good song choice for her. She seemed to be out of her depth, straining vocally and unsure of how to do the song.

I think it was incredibly cruel of the judges to tease her by pretending that they might save her. There is no way they are going to use their one save of the season so early. It didn't matter how she sang the song, she was going home.

I think Michael should have been the one to go. He has the weakest voice in this strong group and hasn't done much that is memorable or original. I do not think he can hang with the rest of the guys. I think Scott's days are also numbered here.

March 19, 2009 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  103. wolfemangarcia

The judges blew it by not saving Alexis. She is far better than many of the others that are go on. Michael? No voice worth mentioning. Gokey, no way are people going to by records by him or half the other kids up there. Of course, Alexis is more of a jazz or big band type singer than pop. Oh well, you can never go wrong under estimating the taste of the American public. Not one of the guys on the show could do what she did the first week. Of the ones left Lil, Allyson, and Adam are the only talented singers and should have been in the final 4 with Alexis.

March 19, 2009 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  104. Baj

Good call. She bombed that song. The pink hair was getting annoying.

March 19, 2009 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  105. Bert

The blind guy is the worst singer out off all of them. He never should have made it this far. Alexis was a little firecracker, and sang really good until last night. Bad song choice. If you don't vote, you can't complain.

March 19, 2009 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  106. Sue

At first I thought she was super good and cute; and then I saw a stuckup side to her.I think she is a mean and cold girl, I cant put my finger on it, but Im glad shes gone!!!!!!!

March 19, 2009 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  107. Jerome

Alexis could sing, but just didn't stand out for some reason. I didn't like hardly any of the songs she sang. I think judges didn't do her much of a favor either trying to tell her to dirty up her style or whatever. It's like she didn't have a particual style you could grab onto. She didn't have the personality of some of the other top 10 or so.

I like Meagan for some reason. Partly because of her looks! haha, but she has a unique and different style. I think those of you who don't like her might like her more if she sticks around. I think she is more of a raw talent with her then other contestants. Alexis Grace kind of peaked and she just didn't really stand out or inspire in my opinion. I feel like Meagan is one of the least polished singers left, but has an cool unique style which makes me think she could keep getting better and better.

I think these Top 10 or so are really good overall partly because most of them seem comfortable on stage and I think have a lot of experience on stage.

March 19, 2009 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  108. gary

Adam Lambert excels in the ability to totally destroy a country & western classic. Johnny Cash must be rolling over in his grave puking with every turn. God! please save us music lovers from this circus clown.

March 19, 2009 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  109. art

This was alexis's first time in the bottom 3 and they let her go, over michael sarver, (him again?!!!)...wow! That geeky gokey guy has to go go go....

March 19, 2009 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  110. Ceci

I was really rooting for her in the beginning until i found something really sad about her behavior this last performance. her singing was fine but it bothered me more the fact that she's acting cold, like, borderline snobbish. she must be really turmoiled inside and it seems as though she's put up a wall. her face was expressionless, short with words, stiff smile. it just felt like she's not being herself anymore. i think that's why she eventually got voted off. ppl can't relate to her anymore, it felt like there's no inspiration to vote for her. at this point of the competition, fans has to keep loving you more than they did yesterday – which aint easy, but unfortunately for her, the majority has managed to do in different levels. i still think she's got a great talent and I'm still a fan.

March 19, 2009 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  111. Joan

John, I do agree with you that Scott is HORRIBLE! This blind sympathy vote needs to be put to rest. He is clearly a terrible vocalist and should not have even made the top 36.

March 19, 2009 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  112. Mike

Why don't they get to choose their own 'survival' song like they do in the British version, The X Factor? If the judges didn't like the song choice in the first place why have them sing the same one?

March 19, 2009 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  113. paul

I usually don't comment on things like this, but I have to say, Scott's piano playing is far superior to his singing ability. Which is not a good thing.

He flats a LOT. Close your eyes and listen to him, and you can hear it a ton. I'm sorry, but Alexis was a better vocalist and more engaging. That said, Idol is a popularity contest (which, in a way, is kind of the point when it comes to star power), so if more people want Scott, such is life.

March 19, 2009 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  114. Randy

There is no doubt that Alexis is the real deal and I fully expect for her to be making money in the business. I love the idea of them saving her but think about it.. We are in week 2, just getting started and the judges get one save all season. Too early in the season to use it. The public voters blew it on this one. This is when popularity exceeds talent. Michael should have gone home tonight, but this is all history. Next!

March 19, 2009 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  115. Jeff

Michael, Scott, Lil, Meghan: should be the next performers to leave and in that order. Alexis should have been around for three or four more weeks but the judges got it right in not saving her.

March 19, 2009 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  116. AI

She wasn't good, I am glad that the judges didn't use the save on her.

March 19, 2009 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  117. JoAnne

Alexis has a lot of talent and a great look. She deserves to be in the Top Ten. I am VERY disappointed.

March 19, 2009 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  118. Eric

Alexis was in my top three. Her performance to get in the top 13 was the best. She picked a bad song, but sang very well. Unfortunately she was not a Judges favorite. I think they are holding the "save" over the heads of singers to get a better final performance.

March 19, 2009 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  119. teresa

I definitely think the judges made the right decision. She should not
    have picked that Jolene song. She didn't sing it very well. I think Jorge should have been saved.

March 19, 2009 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  120. JoAnne Donner

No, this is not the right decision. Alexis has a lot of talent and a great look. She should be in the top 10. I am VERY disappointed with this decision.

March 19, 2009 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  121. Susan

They made a mistake, Alexis Grace was so much better than so many of the top 10, I hope she does not give up and proves them wrong!
    PS. If you tell us we will buy music from Anoop, you got it wrong! And Adam is a want'a be girl, my dog sings better!

March 19, 2009 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  122. Cheryl

Unfortunately, they have made a mistake, Alexis Grace should have gone on....She is very talented!!

March 19, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  123. Frank

Let's not forget it was America who voted her at the bottom. The judges said it was her who they would consider saving and Simon even said to her before she performed that is was coming down to the performance. She didn't pull through and I don't think she could have singing the same song. Judges made the right call by not using their only save because they will need it for later rounds. Too many good singers left

March 19, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  124. kim

It's rigged. The producers have already decided the 4 finalists.

March 19, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  125. Christopher

She was fodder and was going home sooner than later anyway. She couldn't take criticism. She thought she was better than she was. And now she's going back to obscurity. Poof!

March 19, 2009 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  126. Jack

I wanted her to win – that weird guy with the mnakeup and nail polish is the worst of the lot. I was sure he'd go home before any of the others.

March 19, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  127. joey

Oh come on, this show has now gone too far from it's roots. As much as I respect the blind guy, he does not have anywhere near the pipes of any of the other contestants. It's no longer about as Simon once said, it's a singing competition, as it is a popularity contest.

March 19, 2009 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  128. Ross

Frankly, I'm surprised that so many people seem surprised that Alexis went home. She had a solid voice, but both of her performances of 'Jolene', last night as well as tonight, were pitchy and unconvincing - as one commentor noted, there was absolutely no way that Alexis was going to win the competition...she seemed nice enough, but there was (at least in my vision of her) no real spark which could put her over the top. Bottom line - her voice was good, but, as the judges noted, not good enough.

Also, I do think Michael could've gone home as well, even though I'm pretty sure he has a solid niche carved out of the fan base for himself. Whether that will be enough to keep him around in the company of clearly better singers will have to be seen.

March 19, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  129. USAF Dude

Ok...something is wrong here! How do you keep Adam over Alexis? I can only hope that the judges know some inside stuff...like someone is going to offer Alexis a contract or something. Adam sang horribly! He has one genre and that's it...he can't sing anything else except for The Cure, Depeche Mode or the Jonas Bros...this dude has got to go! The judges will regret this!

Damn...American Idol has done a great job at putting out quality singers/entertainers but you missed this one!!!

March 19, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  130. Brad

The judges got it right tonight. Alexis Grace is just your average singer. Michael on the other hand may not have the best stage presence but that boy has got soul. I hope he at least makes it to the top 5. He is one of the best this year.

March 19, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  131. cami

Alexis' ego seemed to have been outgrowing her small body. I also think she really damaged herself by saying that she promised to "dirty it up" next week. I know that I personally lost much respect for her due to that pandering. She was more talented that several others, but she would not have been in contention for the top three. . .She might as well have a little reality check, clear her head and see what she can make of her career post-idol.

March 19, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  132. Roy

What a lot of bull that the judges were thinking of using the save. There's no way they were going to use it. They will keep it until
    about the last week they can use it. Unless of course one of their
    chosen picks for the finals should somehow be in the bottom earlier.
    So far I don't like the idea of the save. At least it can not be used
    to affect the top 3. If the show is for the voting public to decide
    let them have the say all the way through.
    It's bad enough they allow unlimited voting because they want
    to make a big deal out of how many voted. They should be doing
    it the way they do on 'Dancing With The Stars' by allowing only a
    set number per phone number. They wouldn't want that on Idol as they are likely making money off each vote.

As for Alexis she is a good singer but that arrangement for 'Joleen'
    did not sound very good at all. Whoever did the arrangement was
    way off.

March 19, 2009 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  133. ElaineinNC

I love Alexis! She should have never been sent home at this point. Michael or Scott should have gone. Michael lost my vote when he started that odd thing with his mouth when he sings. I love Danny and Anoop-Dawg! Adam is great and he was practically scary last night. He will definitely give Danny a run for his money.

March 19, 2009 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  134. SAS

I can't sing for the life of me, but even I heard the pitch problems in Alexis's performance tonight. I wish her well and hope good things come her way.

March 19, 2009 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  135. James

Adam Lambert is, without a doubt, the single most talented person to ever sing on this show. The other contestants know this, too. Adam's competing against himself at this point. It's basically 9 contestants...and the Adam Lambert Show. Not one other person hitting that stage even comes close to him, vocally. And say what you will about his version of Ring of Fire–it was the most original arrangement I've ever heard on the show.

March 19, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  136. Lisa

I couldn't stand her. She was annoying and over the top every time. I'm glad she's gone.

March 19, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  137. Lin

Alexis is smug...glad she's gone. Next, Michael and Scott!

March 19, 2009 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  138. Alan

Perhaps the AI judges and producers might pick up on Billy K's thoughts for next season? Alexis leaving was all about poor song choice. she was definitely one of be top girls in the competition and is by FAR a better singer than practically all of the guys. Adam of course, is in his own league, but the others? With their sappy crooning and gut wrentchingly boring ballads? None of them are worth beans. Dorkey's rendition of Carrie's song on Tuesday was an abortion at best – his performance was SO weak in comparison, it totally disgusted my wife and myself. AI gets worse and worse each season, and of late, crowns losers as it's Idol. David Cooke? Taylor Hicks? Come on... go ahead, throw another loser dude out there.

March 19, 2009 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  139. Richard

The judges made a big mistake. In my opinion, she has demonstrated musical skills far superior to some others remaining, especially Scott and Michael (talk about Karaoke!). Alexis's bluesy voice is really special.

March 19, 2009 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  140. everett pabst

sure enough, right pick by judges not 2 pick her , fact is they can only pick one this season , & she is not it

March 19, 2009 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  141. Scott

She should not have been voted off to start with, then the judges should have saved her after they almost guaranteed that they would. Scott should be gone, but hes getting the sympathy vote. The truth is the guy cant sing. Big mistake this week. And to the West Coast people. Just stay off your computer for that one hour. If you need to know who won so bad, give me your number and I will call you.

March 19, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  142. Richard in Louisiana

Alexis was easily one of the best female vocalists this season. I thought the judges' criticisms of her performance this week were extreme and I'm sorry to see her go. I vote for my three favorite performances each week and this week, I voted for Alexis Grace.

I just hope the judges quit praising Gokey and that Sarver goes home next....but after his tearful message to his 3yr old tonight....he might stay around much longer. We'll see.

March 19, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  143. nikki

im glad she went home. she was cute, indeed but definantly did not have a voice compared to the others. i was TOTALLY blown away that allison got in the bottom 3.

March 18, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Laura

I do not think it was time for Alexis to go home just yet. However, I do agree with the judges decision to not save her. They are only allowed to save 1 person all season. I think the potential save is/should be reserved for the top 2 or 3 people, who I think are Adam, Danny and Matt.

March 18, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Korky

It's always a sensitive thing. The real bottom line is that the judges pretty much know who's going to make it, or should. There are maybe 2-3 possibilities for finalists, in reality, and while Alexis was a terrific artist, she would have never won. One thing to keep in mind is that the order in which they get "saved" doesn't necessarily indicate their ranking. Michael, most certainly wasn't the "next to last" vote getter. That was probably Allison. Personally, I get the feeling that they judges expect that Adam will screw up again, and they want to save their "save" for him. Perhaps the same for Danny, who clearly is the leading contender right now. Had their been a 2-save possibility, they would have used it. Sadly, Alexis is MUCH more talented than say Megan Joy, and I think that AI will regret having Megan on the tour instead of Alexis.

March 18, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Jerry

Adam is worthless and it is obvious that he has no talet outside of his genre. For the judges to be so giggly over him and Paula making comments like she cannot believe that he lives in SoCal and no one has signed him to a deal, its obvious because he just wierd. American Idol material, no way...Adam is not potential finalist stuff. He needs to go

March 18, 2009 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Tammy

Alexis is VERY talented and she can make it without American Idol. She is young and this was not her one and only shot at fame!

ALEXIS - When you get a recording contract, the whole world will buy your music!!!

Everything does happen for a reason and there is something better out there for you! Don't let this bump in the road stop you. Hang in there, and you will go far!

March 18, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Linda

Are the contestants required to sing the same song for the "save" chance that they sang the previous night? It seems they would want to sing something different in hopes of doing better, since song choice seems to be the main criticism of the judges.

March 18, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Lisa

Why is everyone blaming the judges? America has spoken, mistake or no mistake. Why save someone so early, save it until someone who really deserves it gets voted off. I felt that he should have been voted off also, like Simon said I didn't understand a word he sang. But I can't complain, I didn't bother to vote : (

March 18, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Rhonda

This year has some really good singers , Alexis should have been in the top 10 . We need to vote vote !!!

March 18, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  151. jeff mays

The judge keep saying to the contestants that they have chosen the wrong song. So why don't the judges pick the songs to fit each contestant. This would be more entertaining to the people at home, rather than listenining to the judges belittling the singers for song choices. Make the songs suit the individual.

March 18, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Ron K.

Alexis, Honey......The choice of that stupid song "Jolene" did you in. I was a huge fan until Tuesday night. You have so much talent and I hated so to see you go. But by your choosing a song such as that, I'm not fully convinced you should have stayed. Although I sure would have loved to hear what you would have done next week. Hope that stupid song doesn't haunt you the rest of your life, but next time use your head a little better dear.

March 18, 2009 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Susan - Canada

Do you honestly think that the judges will use their "one save" this early....I don't think so. They will use it, probably with the last 3 contestants or maybe the last 5, but most certainly not the first ones voted off. They must keep the drama going!

March 18, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Shirley

I think this judges save option is very cruel. Alexis we would have saved you but not Michael. ?? But we are not going to save you because your performance was not good enough!! Once 31 million viewers – who are also buyers – have voted, that should be good enough. Let's not put the kids on the rack and stretch them until they break.

March 18, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  155. jeff mays

Alexis should not have went home. Last night was country night and as good as Adam has been, his rendition of Ring of Fire was not the least bit country and should have received more critical comments for his take on the song. He should have been forced to sing Country, and not some stupid middle eastern take of the music. Granted he will never be a country singer. (thank goodness)

March 18, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Phil

Alexis should have ended up in the top 3. The fact that she didn't make the top 10, but Scott did, is insane. She's better in every way. I feel bad for her and hope she has great things in her future. I think Danny and Adam will be in the top 2 when it comes down to it. I hope Alexis never gives up her dream though. She has what it takes to be a star.

March 18, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Christy

Adam or Scott should have left tonight- just get it over with already!! I dislike Adam's drag queen theatrical voice and Scott- well, God bless him for his handicap- but let's face it- he is just not American Idol final winner material. I totally like everyone else and will be happy with either Danny or Kris winning the whole enchilada. 🙂 Oh and- I think that we will hear Alexis on the radio some time in the future...

March 18, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  158. SteveFL

For those of you that have said Scott should be done...I have to agree. Visually impaired or not, he appears to me as 'struggling' while performing. As for Alexis...it's a shame, I liked her. I think that top 3 will be Danny, Allison and Lil Rounds!

March 18, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  159. LtotheF

The judges got it RIGHT// America voted her off. The judges agreed. Haven't you learned anything since the November Election?? No one stands in the way...

March 18, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Kim

Neither Michael or Scott can sing well and both of them are getting the sympathy vote. Clearly, they should not even have made it this far and now have to bore us to death thru the next show and on the tour. Michael go home to your kid and let us enjoy the show! Scott stick to the piano.

March 18, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Jill

I think although the judges made the right choice in the end , she should not have gone home tonight. I think the people voting got it wrong last night and Scott should have gone. But I do see why they didn't use the save because it should be saved for someone like Lil, Danny or Adam.

March 18, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Marls

Stop the sympathy votes for Scott! He needs to hear the truth and the truth is he is boring.

March 18, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Vincent Petrosino

Two weeks ago when Scott McIntyre sang his selection from the Jackson Songbook, he sang so badly I turned to another channel. Now this week, his performance was no better. A musician, yes he is, a singer no he isn't. So what's keeping him on? Sympathy? Maybe. Now we are not so much concerned with who goes it week but whom the judges will save. This new rule is backfiring. Now that we have the top ten who will tour this summer, we can let some folks like Scott, Mike and Adam go!

March 18, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Karen

I loved Alexis, and yes Meagan needs to go. She can't dance, and her voice is not that good. C'mon America get it right!

March 18, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Jeremy

It must be so gut-wrenching to have to sing to the judges for a chance to be saved – how can we expect the contestants to sing their best? Even superstars don't have to sing under that kind of pressure. And did anyone else notice the parallels in the lyrics, how her "happiness depends on what you decide?"

All that after Randy called her by the wrong name!

I had predicted Michael would go home this week and this is yet another instance where America got it wrong... but I agree with the judges: unfortunately, Alexis isn't the one to save. You never know when America will get it even wrong-er!

March 18, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Mark - Nashville

1. Sarver should have gone home.....quite weak.
    2. Alexis picked a bad song and performed it worse.
    3. Adam wears too much makeup, but is by far, the most vocally talented. Males cannot sing that way without lots of control.
    4. Danny will fade. He's shown all he can do.
    5. Lil is the BEST performer....vocally and in stage presence.
    6. Scott is getting a pass due to his disability. He's not a good singer.

March 18, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Roger Bell

I liked Alexis alot but Jolene was just the wrong song choice for her to sing.

March 18, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Critic

Alexis Grace... it's like the song Amazing Grace... "Was blind but now I see".

If only she had stayed blind she would still be in this.

March 18, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Jason

America, wake up! There are only three contestants in this whole competition who deserve to be in the discussion of even winning this competition.

1) Danny
    2) Allison
    3) Matt
    4) Lil

Danny proved this week that he can sing anything put in front of him, and by my regards should win this competition hands down. Allison being in the bottom 3 was a shock America! She is the best female vocalist this season. Matt is obviously the most current, but I don't like the fact he is looking an awful lot like Timberlake. But he is talented for sure, and probably the most "commercially" ready male this season. And Lil is definitely a great singer, but I'm concerned her voice is only for R&B, but a great voice none the less. Would Ms. Franklin, do Dolly Parton? I think not.

P.S. Adam Lambert, get a clue, you are a great "musical" performer, you are not a singer. There is a difference, ask Sabastian Bach. You are him reincarnated in the 00's, twenty years later. America, please take out the trash!

March 18, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Butch

If Alexis was your favorite contestant, you must be tone-deaf.

March 18, 2009 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Julie

I think the judges made the right choice. I thought it was gonna be Michael or Alexis goin home. I think Michael will be the next to go or Scott? I'm a Wisconite & all for Danny. I was a fan from the time I heard him audition. Go Danny!

March 18, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  172. DK

I think the judges are waiting to use their "save" in case Danny or Matt end up in the bottom two or three.

March 18, 2009 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Scott

This is BS. She deserved to be probably top 3 or 4. Drill baby drill should have been gone along time ago!

March 18, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Janet Petrovsky

She was my favorite female but she really didn't get the job done last night. Lil or Michael should have gone instead, really.

March 18, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Charla

I think Alexis is very boring. She never looks like she is having a good time. She can sing, but the song choice was terrible. Michael is just a nice guy! Meghan is terrible. Why didn't she get sent home? I don't understand why Allison was in the bottom 3. What's going on here? Anoop seems really smug all of the time. I wish he would go. Go Danny!!

March 18, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Kay

I was disappointed that Alexis was the one who went home and not Michael. I think she is super talented and could have grown during the competition, but with Michael I just see someone who will be going home very soon. I am sure that her choice of song is what doomed her.

March 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Carol

No they definitely didn't make the right decision about Alexis Grace. She had it all. They've made many mistakes in the past, in the present and they'll keep making them.

March 18, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  178. roy

NOT RIGHT! AI loses so many good singers over the years because people can't hear talent, too many "Touch the Heart" stories mess up peoples minds! The voting for this show has always been pathetic. Jasmine should have stayed as well, there are a lot worse singers than these 2. Nobody is going to see the top 10 concerts this year.

March 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Jacqueline

I think the right choice was made. Alexis had an okay voice but she got too arrogant and thought she had it all in the bag. I'm so happy the judges didn't save her. Michael is not my favorite but I still like him and his voice a lot. But I really do think this is the best group thus far. I am usually picking out definite people to go home but I have no idea who is going home next.

March 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  180. me

Horrible! Alexis was my single favorite contestant. Really can't believe that Michael and Scott make it to top 10 over her. I agree that Jolene wasn't good, but this is not the right result.

March 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Julia

Micheal should have went home tonight. Alexis was a much better singer than he was last night. I was shocked when she was told that she was going home. I think that Alexis will get a chance to showcase her talent again.

March 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Dave

Billy K, I could not agree more!

March 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  183. b

She was one of my favorites. The judges kept telling her to dirty it up. I think that was for purposes of the show, not to best highlight Alexis.. But deserving or not, once she didn't get enough votes the judges were right not to use the save here. There is a long show to go yet.

Tonight was the best I have ever heard from Carrie Underwood live. Her voice is really improving.

March 18, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  184. CE

I can't believe Scott wasn't even in the bottom three. His singing is nowhere near the level of the others. What are people thinking on this one? Of course Alexis sang unevenly tonight she was a ball of nerves and emotion. YOU try to sing at all when you're butt's on the line. It's not easy. I don't think she ever would have won the whole thing but she never should have left this week.

March 18, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Dave

RL, Megan is awesome.... She will get better as the show goes on also.

March 18, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  186. shay

I think Megan should have gone. I guess they felt sorry for her because she was sick.

March 18, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Heath

The judges weren't mean by hanging that save out as a possibility; they, in fact, were quite kind given how poorly Alexis performed on Jolene. Her pitch as consistently off both last night and tonight. They're only going to use a save on somebody who has a legitimate shot of winning the whole thing. Whether Alexis was booted tonight or next week or the week after, she had no chance of becoming the Idol.

I will grant that Adam is an acquired taste. I happen to think the dude has unbelievable vocal ability. I loved what he did to Ring of Fire, but can understand that people hated it. At least he is who he is and didn't try to play it safe in a genre that he clearly is not made for. For the untrained musicians out there, what he can do at the top of his (seemingly unlimited) range is incredible. Screaming means relinquishing control. He is in control of his voice at all times.

March 18, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Mel

I agree with the judges... she just was not good enough to make the cut. Now, Scott as well as Gokey.. they should go. Gokey, just cuz he is so full of himself – and the sympathy tale he told in the beginning.. did not work for me. I just do not like him and there are so many others that are so much better than he is.

March 18, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  189. k

I really like her i dont want her to go!

March 18, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Dave

Kev.......her second singing of the song was a lot worse. She is a good singer who made the wrong song choice. her nerves got the best of her tonight. I agree with the judges.

March 18, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Billy K

one last thing..... This is American Idol... Shouldn't they get EVERY opportunity to showcase their talent and not be subjected to sing the songs from a specific artist that the show tells them to??? It's kinda B.S. if you think about it! Ok, so you are a R & B singer right??? Now convince America that you can sing Folk or Rock.... It's weak. The contestants should be able to sing anything they want each and every week! Then you wouldn't have these sub-par performances and great contestants wouldnt be going home!

March 18, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Wendy

Don't blame the judges... Alexis didn't have enough following to keep her out of the bottom three and her singing was worse tonight than last night... So sad.. too bad...A reminder that we need to vote and get others to vote for the ones we love. 😉

March 18, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  193. desir'e

I find this new policy of saving someone a bunch of bull. First of all what is the sence of voting if it might be over ruled. Second tonite when Alexis was singing they showed the judges in the back ground all talking trying to decide her fate. I think it was all put on and i am finding the show VERY BORING. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING NEXT SEASON.

March 18, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Steven

It didn't matter whether it was Alexis or Michael going home tonight - neither was going to stay around very long. Alexis' performance last night was just blah, and Michael's was uninteligible. And as for the Judge's Save - they only get ONE - of course they aren't going to waste it now, they're going to wait until it gets down to the final few!

March 18, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  195. RL

Alexis? Really? Didn't see that one coming. I was waiting for Meghan to go. Yes she is quirky and current but she always sounds the same and always goes with easy songs. She isn't that great.

March 18, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Kevin

I like Alexis Grace, but i think her selection of jolene may have hurt her but when she sung it the second time for the judges it sounded alot better but evidently not enough to get her through, truthfully i thought Megan Joy deserved to get home, i find her akward and totally not right for this competition, but evidently america thinks otherwise

March 18, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Kiersten

Megan should be gone. It came down to her or Scott to me, I don't think he can sing and I don't think he should be on just because he is blind.

March 18, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Billy K

Seriously??? Umm The fat guy or the blind guy should have went!!!! How the hell are those guys still there and Jorge is sittin on his couch???? Now Alexis is gone??? Good job america... What a bunch of idiots.

March 18, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  199. RickC

Hey Bill, here's a suggestion. How about you just watch the Idol show and THEN check the blog. Then you won't be disappointed.

March 18, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Teri

I think the guy should have went home;) She has a beautiful voice...

March 18, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Dave

I really liked her.....but she tore up Dolly's song.

March 18, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  202. KC

One more thing- for all you complaining about them telling the results- I am pretty sure you have to click the link to see the results...so aren't you doing it to yourself?

March 18, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  203. RickC

Disappointing choice sending her home. I think Scott is living on a prayer, he is clearly outmatched by all the others. No way is he better than Alexis.

March 18, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  204. michael

They were completely wrong. She's way better than at least three more of the group that's left. And she's one of the top two females of the group. She should have been given a chance.

March 18, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  205. KC

I was shocked at tonights results. I really wanted Alexis to stay and Michael to go....actually I want Adam to go. He was nuts last night.
    Also, I love Megan...she is quirky.... Scott needs to go too....he just has the sympathy vote but his song Wild Angels was not good. But overally Danny Gokey HAS TO WIN! 🙂

March 18, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  206. leah

no the right person did not go home. the needed her personality in the top 10 america did not get it right. michael shouldn't haven't have gone home either. i am not going to say who was my pick

March 18, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Les

Have to get rid of the hot chicks, darn

March 18, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Sandy Brown

Alexis is one of the most talented of the American Idol contestants. It was a big mistake to let her go. Let's hope something else is in store for her and her career.

March 18, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  209. DitaFan

every year American votes to keep a big country guy in the top ten. Sarver seems like a great guy, but i would have preferred Alexis stayed.

March 18, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Rich

Any of the bottom 3 would have been fine to go home. None of them performed all that well.

March 18, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Curt

I am still in total shock that Alexis is gone. She has so much raw talent....She is much better than a lot of the guys still left.......I have been in the music business over 30 years, this was a big mistake....Alexis, I support you, go girl...Never give up!!!!

March 18, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  212. eb

I am sure that Scott is a nice guy, but believe that if he had his sight he would not have made the top 12. It is not fair to the other contestants because he will not be held to the same standards as they. Get real judges.

eb

March 18, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Bill

I don't think it's fair to tell us the results before the show has aired here in Colorado!

March 18, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Pete

I can't believe Michael and Megan are still around. Neither of them are any better than your average karaoke singer. I will say that overall this years group has a nice mix of talent. I find my cringe reflex is not as active as it has been in years past.

March 18, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Mr. M

This is no surprise to me. I thought she would get a little better, but she didn't. The only real surprise of the evening was that Allyson was in the bottom 3.

March 18, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Toni

There are all good but there is always one who is better. This girl was good but this song wasn't her best.

March 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Molly

Alexis is a good singer, better than most. She needs to clean up some flaws that come from not paying close enough attention to the notes and the pitch. Tonight wasn't good but she is still a far better singer than Meghan. I agree with Pesky ~ Meghan has got to go. She can't sing and dances (?) like an elephant stuck in the mud.

Still glad Tatiana is gone, too much drama for me even though she wasa good singer. I wouldn't have been able to continue to watch if she remained.

March 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Mitch Gabriel

NO NO NO...
    I loved this little Tinker Bell (Alexis Grace) plus she was a much better singer, entertainer than Michael....Say it ain't so, Seacrest...

Now the top 10 consists of 7 guys and 3 girls. Would have been much better with 6 guys and 4 girls...

March 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  219. lester

Michael can't even carry her bag of notes. How can you force and judge a singer of such quality by forcing the genre on her. ..this whole selection of who to mimick defies the purpose of American Idol, which is supposed to find the best of the best doing "their thing." The move to this "creative" SUCKS and is totally not relevant. The show gets weaker because of BS like this...it's a shame.

March 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  220. McFly

The judges got it right. America voted and Alexis was not chosen to be saved. Trust me, the judges will only bring someone back if there is a gross injustice by the American public. That was not the case with Alexis.
    Live with it.

March 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Jeanie

She should have been saved. Adam was the one America should have sent home. Simon got it right on – Adam was horrific. Go Lil and Michael.

March 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  222. eb

Alexis was and is good. There were two others in the group that were NOT good. Our loss

eb

March 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Cathy

I do NOT agree with the elimination. I really wanted her to stay on the show. The only person I am looking forward to now is Danny Gokey, but everyone knows he is going to win. Meghan really, seriously needs to get off the show. She is horrible.

March 18, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Amy

West Coast people – then don't go on the blogs.

March 18, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  225. jay

Unbelievable..I may just be an old Cash fan but Ring of Fire made my dogs howl...I think the public and the 4 Gods may have missed the boat on this one...

March 18, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Tomas

So will someone tell me why Blind Boy isn't going home? Oh yeah that's right, because he's blind he's not on the show because he can sing, he's on because he can't see. Great.

March 18, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Pete in nc

they got it right. michael has more star potential. he will score well in country music. allison is very good, but not worth the ONE save. that will come when li'l is eliminated

March 18, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Mary Hill

I think they sent the wrong one home, Alexis was a much stronger performer, her range was very good and her image is very current. Michael's vocal performance is much more limited and his image just doesn't cut it.

March 18, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  229. nspoetsoldier

She was boring... tried to give it her all but you could tell the spark was gone and the tank was dry

March 18, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  230. MPinDSM

She had no personality and was nothing special as a singer. I'm not sorry she's gone. She won't be heard from again.

March 18, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Paula

They got it wrong...way way wrong. 🙁

March 18, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Steve from Chicago

It's absurd that you guys are posting this stuff before it airs on the west coast. Really inconsiderate.

March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  233. mary

I hate the second chance thing. Imagine having to beg...I mean, sing for the second chance. It's almost as bad as when the eliminated had to sing at the end of the show on the other seasons.

March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Mark R., Milwaukee WI

I do not believe the results of American Idol. I believe America votes, then the show sends home whomever they chose for dramatic effect. In the off chance that they do follow the voting, it is clear this is not a talent contest- it is a popularity contest. While Alexis is not the most talented contestant, there are at least 6 left who are less musically gifted. So the blind kid is in the top 10. Really? America, follow his lead. Close your eyes, and listen...

March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Sandra

The judges were very cruel to tease her and act like they were going to save her and didn't after she sang her heart out.

March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  236. JF

I'm considering no longer watching this show. Alexis getting voted off this early in the competition is a huge mistake and I'm very disappointed that the judges missed this opportunity to intervene. She was one of the singers, early on, that impressed me as very unique and extremely talented. I would have liked to have seen how she develolped as the competition progressed. I hope she is able to use American Idol to vault ahead of several of the other less-deserving members of those that ended up in the top 10.

March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Amy Vettel

Very disappointed. Down to just three girls. She was so much better than several of the contestants. Too many guys.

March 18, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Jeff

She didn't get the save because her saving song was sung to the judges and not with her own conviction. Her one attempt to save herself turned into a sad, desperate attempt at begging to stay.

March 18, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  239. Katey

Michael is for sure gone next week! I was happy that Alexis got the boot. She's too much of a diva! Same with Adam.....I respect creativity but he can't rock it. He needs to be on stage in a musical. Allison....NOW there is a girl that can rock!

March 18, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Sherri

She was pretty flat singing "Jolene." I think the right choice was made. Glad Michael made it. He's not my favorite, but I think he's got a very good voice.

March 18, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Beth S.

Alexis is really talented, but I have to agree with the judges. She was really pitchy in her performance tonight and just couldn't get the song right. But I'm still sorry that she left and not Michael. I think she's got something special.

March 18, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  242. JD

To Carol: either move or stay off the internet until it's over. Don't begrudge the rest of us.

March 18, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Pesky

I agree that the American public got it all wrong, but I think that Meghan is the one who should have gone home. She talks through most of her songs, looks ridiculous when she dances and frankly I can't believe that the judges haven't laughed her off of the stage!

March 18, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Grace

I think they made the right choice.
    I liked her performance far better than Michael Sarver's, but I don't think she's convinced us that she has the talent that needs to be saved.

March 18, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Java Queen

I completely disagree with Alexis Grace going home. Scott McIntyre is an incredible musician, but I do not believe he should have made the top 10 to tour instead of Alexis Grace...I believe Scott simply sounds the same each week...Danny Gokey will be the next American Idol so it doesn't really matter I guess who does go home at this point.

March 18, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  246. John

I can't believe this! Scott is so bad, and everyone keeps telling he is amazing. Am I the only one who can hear his pitch problems? He is just getting sympathy votes. I'm sorry, but people need to be honest with him. He and Michael need to go!

March 18, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  247. anderson excellent

i agree with the judges

March 18, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  248. Charmaine

I thought that she should have been saved. The american public got it all wrong. This girl has got talent. One more week to show us is what she deserved. No worries, Mike will be the next to go. Remember the comment made about the possibility of saving a contestant? Well he wasn't the one!

March 18, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Heather

No, Michael should have gone home. I thought she was very good and cannot believe the judges didn't "save" her after dangling it out there.

March 18, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Stephen Benham

I really liked her! But there are so many good ones on there this year. We will see more of her thats for sure!

March 18, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  251. carol

I can't believe you post results before it has aired on the west coast.

March 18, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  252. Kate

I think the judges may regret that one!

March 18, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |