It’s official: Oscar-winning writer Michael Arndt will pen the screenplay for “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
StarWars.com has confirmed that the “Toy Story 3,” “Little Miss Sunshine” and “Catching Fire” scribe has begun “story conferences” with producer Kathleen Kennedy and “Star Wars” creator George Lucas.
From “infinity and beyond” to “a galaxy far, far away,” “Toy Story 3” screenwriter Michael Arndt could pen the script for the new “Star Wars” movie.
Arndt, the Oscar-winning writer behind 2006’s “Little Miss Sunshine” and the “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” which is due out in November 2013, was hired to write an extended outline for “Episode 7,” according to Variety.
If your dream outcome from Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm would be to see Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher back in their "Star Wars" roles, keep your fingers crossed.
A "highly placed source" has hinted to Entertainment Weekly that Ford's "open" to the idea of returning to his Han Solo character, and Fisher told a TMZ photographer (albeit pretty unenthusiastically) that she was interested in doing the sequel as well.
George Lucas knows exactly what he's going to do with the payout from Disney's $4 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm, and it's not going to get funneled back into Hollywood.
Instead, the filmmaker said in a statement, the majority will go toward helping - and educating - others.
When his film "Red Tails" was released earlier this year, George Lucas said that he was retiring and ready to move on to other things - which, yes, would mean no more "Star Wars" films.
The filmmaker reiterated as much when TMZ photographers flagged him down as he was exiting an L.A. eatery on Wednesday. They asked when fans would get to see the seventh, eighth and ninth installments in the "Star Wars" series - and, well, the answer is don't hold your breath.
"Never," Lucas responded as he made his way to his car. "I'm retired."
It looks like he meant what he said in an interview with New York Times magazine earlier this year: "Why would I make any more ['Star Wars' movies] when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" he inquired. "I think there are a lot more important things in the world."
As the star of a wildly popular film franchise, you’d think Daniel Radcliffe would be well-versed in pop culture phenomenons. But as it turns out, Harry Potter himself hasn’t seen “Star Wars”!
In an interview with Moviefone, Radcliffe reveals that he’s never seen the 1977 space opera. “Yeah, I know. It’s really bad,” he says of the gap in his film knowledge.
The 22-year-old actor explains, “I saw 'The Phantom Menace,' and everyone's like, ‘You saw that one! You didn't see the originals?!’ I know! I was ten! I didn't know any better!”
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,772 other followers