May 26th, 2010
11:11 AM ET
The implosion of Jesse James’ marriage to Sandra Bullock played out in the media for weeks, but everyone could only dance around the essential plot point: Did Jesse James actually cheat? Now, we all have the answer.
When ABC News correspondent Vicki Mabrey asked James during the "Nightline" interview Tuesday if he cheated on Bullock, he only had one thing to say: “Yup.”
So yes, he did cheat, but with how many women? James wouldn't confirm the allegations that he broke his vows with all five women who have described themselves as his mistresses, because to him, the number itself doesn’t really matter. “It could’ve been a million,” he told Mabrey in the interview. “Bad is bad….It’s just that I took a perfect marriage, a perfect wife, a perfect life, a perfect stepmother and threw it away with my actions.”
May 19th, 2010
06:07 PM ET
After weeks of the Greek (media) chorus asking anyone and everyone, “Who in the world would cheat on Sandra Bullock?” her estranged husband is ready to provide some answers.
Former reality TV star Jesse James will finally open up on ABC’s "Nightline" on Tuesday, giving some insight into what happened in his marriage to America’s Sweetheart.
James is also expected to share the reason why he went to rehab and what role he wants to have in baby Louis’ life.
April 27th, 2010
11:50 AM ET
UPDATE, 9:30 a.m. ET Wednesday: A spokesperson for TMZ says the site has "absolute confirmation" that the letter was sent to both Kevin Huvane's office and Fortis Films on Sunday afternoon. Huvane is Bullock's agent; Fortis Films is her production company.
Melissa Smith, one of Jesse James’s alleged mistresses, reportedly sent a letter of apology to the agent of James’s wife, Sandra Bullock.
According to a letter posted on TMZ.com, Smith wrote to Bullock: “I felt I needed to reach out to you and tell you how deeply sorry I am for everything that you’ve been through….But I sincerely wanted to take a moment to personally apologize to you.”
Smith added, "My actions of engaging with a married man are unforgivable. I never meant you any harm. I compromised my beliefs on several occasions and as a result, will never forgive myself."
April 19th, 2010
12:19 PM ET
When Sandra Bullock took home the trophy for worst actress at this year’s RAZZIE Awards, she took home the wrong one.
Not the wrong award, mind you, but the wrong trophy. The Oscar winner was accidentally given the original RAZZIE – the one founder John Wilson designed more than 25 years ago – instead of the cheap replica (value: about $5) usually awarded to winners.
The RAZZIE committee has contacted Bullock’s publicist in hopes of “graciously exchanging” the two statues, according to Wilson.
“It’s really more about sentiment than anything else,” Wilson said.
The RAZZIE head is upset that readers on several stories are saying his group is doing this solely for the publicity. He says he mentioned the statue offhandedly to a reporter for Moviefone.com, but never spoke to the UK’s Telegraph as reported or meant to make this a public incident.
“We weren’t about to come at her when she’s in such a publicly painful place,” Wilson said. “I hardly think the RAZZIE awards should be any kind of priority in her life right now.”
March 24th, 2010
07:37 AM ET
Speculative reports suggested Tuesday that Sandra Bullock and Jesse James have started interviewing attorneys for a potential divorce in the aftermath of the allegations that James was unfaithful to Bullock.
However, Bullock's representative told CNN that the best actress Oscar winner has not met with any lawyers.
Bullock also made headlines yesterday when word spread that the Berlin premiere of "The Blind Side" had been canceled because Bullock wasn't traveling overseas for personal reasons, according to PEOPLE. "The Blind Side's" distributor, Warner Bros., told CNN that they do not have a comment on the cancellation.
March 18th, 2010
05:11 PM ET
As reports of trouble in his marriage to actress Sandra Bullock grow, the following statement was given to CNN Entertainment/Showbiz Tonight by Monique Huey-Jones, publicist for Jesse James:
Statement from Jesse James
"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment. There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It’s because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.