Today's talk you might've missed:
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" director James Gunn has written a long, heartfelt thank you note to his cast, crew and everyone who went out to see the movie this weekend. "The 'Guardians' are a group of oddballs, outcasts, and geeks. The movie is for anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different. It's for all of us who don't belong. This movie belongs to you. And, today, I think we're doing okay," Gunn begins. [James Gunn's Facebook]
- Here is what happened when Taylor Swift visited a six-year-old leukemia patient in the hospital. Don't mind that sound you hear; it's just us choking back sobs.
- We predict you're going to be watching Nickelodeon in the near future: the network has lined up a "School of Rock" series. [THR]
- Malia Obama rocked out at Lollapalooza in Chicago over the weekend ... with Secret Service in full force, of course. [The Washington Post]
- Can anyone take this cute? Because we can't. We heart it so much we're now hoping this photo is from a recording session for an album called "Yeezus Lullabies."
- You know how you keep hearing about allllll the guys Nina Dobrev is dating? Well, there's more than you thought: [Nina Dobrev's WhoSay]
- Best movie review ever. Also: Justin Bieber in a prison-orange jumpsuit. [NYMag's Vulture]
- The only "Don't" we have when it comes to Ed Sheeran's new music video is "Don't" try these dance moves at home: