The Wanted is headed for a break, and more news to note
January 22nd, 2014

The Wanted is headed for a break, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• Boy band The Wanted wants a break after they wrap up their spring tour. When their Word of Mouth trek ends in Belfast on March 25, the gents are going to spend some time apart. [MTV]
  • Tame any fantasies you have about "Fifty Shades of Grey" going totally NC-17 - producer Michael De Luca told press at the Sundance Film Festival that the movie is going to be more "erotic" rather than "explicit." [Deadline]
  • Egads! "New Girl" is being accused of ripping its premise from someone else's pilot script. [EW]
  • Shia LaBeouf might be this year's Joaquin Phoenix. Apparently his recent bout of crazy is just performance art. [NYDN]
  • When Selena Gomez talks about how hard it is to find a man who can "understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it, and not be threatened by it," is that a subtle (or not-so-subtle) dig at Justin Bieber? [Seventeen magazine]
  • Daniel Radcliffe is vying for the title of hardest working guy in show business. He's lined up yet another fresh project about the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge, handily called "Brooklyn Bridge." [NYMag's Vulture]

Filed under: While you were working

1. surtur2020

U honestly think u bullies can get away with this? Pathetic bunch on women

January 23, 2014 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • 10peace6

Oh c'mon, really? What's pathetic is you keep blaming the wrong people. I can only imagine what got deleted. The funny thing is, I only see 1 troll here & it's not Sadie, starrfire, davidw, rosethorn1, or myself. Now I suppose you will troll me endlessly, that's fine, it doesn't bother me. Have yourself a great day & see ya on the blog.

January 24, 2014 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. sadie16

Looks like my office computer works. Web browser here is Explorer.

January 23, 2014 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. davidwCNN

The button to post doesn't show up for some reason in firefox, but if you click above the box to "Notify me of new posts via email." It posted for me.

January 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. starrfire19

Oh boy!!!

January 23, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sadie16

This is to CNN. I can post from my phone, but can't on computer. I'm sure you have some bugs to work out. How about a little info for everybody to make this transition a little more smooth?

January 23, 2014 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • 10peace6

Also, I wasn't able to do this without starting a wp blog, which I didn't want. Now that I have it, how do I get rid of it?

January 23, 2014 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • davidwCNN

We changed our settings to require people to log in through WordPress because we have gotten so many complaints about users changing their user names and imitating other people.
      It got to the point where it was hard to tell who people were really talking to (sometimes they were talking to themselves).

January 23, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
      • 10peace6

Lol, understandable. Can you tell me why there's no "submit" button for computer users? Phones work fine, computers not so much. Just have a few more bugs to work out?

January 23, 2014 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
        • davidwCNN

What browser are you using?
          I am not having any trouble from my computer. I'm using chrome right now, but will try out Firefox in just a second.

January 23, 2014 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • sadie16

David- can you tell me why I can log in on my cell, but not on my computer. Is this something you are working on, or the way it is going to be? I set the acct up on my computer, too. Seems odd only the cell works.
      Btw, thanks for finally doing something to make the blog better.

January 23, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
      • davidwCNN

I don't know why you can't log in from site. I'll see what I can find out.
        In the meantime, you might try clearing your browser cache, deleting cookies or trying a different browsers.
        Sometimes that helps.

January 23, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
        • sadie16

My computer uses Mozilla Firefox. I log in, and it doesn't do anything.

January 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
        • davidwCNN

I just logged in on Firefox to see what happened. It seems to be working, but I'll know for sure when I hit submit.
          Maybe restarting computer?

January 23, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
        • sadie16

Rebooted and reentered login info. Still nothing.

January 23, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sadie16

If Selena is looking for a man, why would she give an interview to Seventeen Magazine? Do lots of men read that?

January 22, 2014 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rosethorn1

50 Shades is going totally NC-17? I think I just heard all the women sigh.

January 22, 2014 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |