Beyonce and Jay Z to perform at the Grammys, and more news to note
January 20th, 2014

Beyonce and Jay Z to perform at the Grammys, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• This year's Grammy Awards is shaping up to be the concert of our dreams. Joining the already packed set list - which includes Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Katy Perry, Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Lorde and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - will reportedly be Jay Z and Beyoncé, although it's unclear whether they'll take the stage together. [Billboard]
  • By the way, Bey and Jay's daughter Blue has totally bonded with the White House pooches: [Beyoncé's Tumblr]
  • Are you watching "The Following's" second season? Because everyone else is. The drama saw a 38 percent spike in ratings on Sunday over last season's premiere. [EW]
  • Working on "Garfield," says Bill Murray, was "sort of like 'Fantastic Mr Fox' without the joy or the fun." [Bill Murray's AMA]
  • *See if you can spot Halle Berry in this teaser trailer for her upcoming show on CBS, "Extant":
  • In case you somehow missed the global Internet memo that the script for "Star Wars VII" is in the bag, here's J.J. Abrams reassuring you that the movie's going "full steam ahead." [The Wrap]
  • Today's Genius Award (valid for just 24 hours, obvs) goes to NBC, which is trying to keep Amy Poehler around for as long as possible. "Parks & Rec" is looking at a seventh season, and Amy P. has sealed a new three-year deal with the network. [Deadline]
  • Did you remember Angelina Jolie has a movie coming out this year? Yeah, we didn't, either, which is why this new "Maleficent" trailer is right on time.

*Yes, that's a trick instruction.

Filed under: While you were working

1. antano1970

What kind of article is this...? She's wearing clothes

January 30, 2014 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. JellyBean

Oh dear Gawd, what a freaking mess. Can't a single one of you post something remotely related to this fuking blog? TJI bites the dust now the Marquee.

January 21, 2014 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey JellyBean! How's it going? CNN isn't going to do the Marquee blogs anymore? Geez, what a surprise. Where does it say that?
      On topic...lol
      Do you watch The Following? I heard the 1st show was bizarre. I have it dvr'd, I'll find out sooner or later.

January 21, 2014 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@Peace ☮

Doing just fine here, thanks for asking.
      I meant in terms of the place being over run by off topic trolls. Don't know if the Marquee is going away or not.
      I have not seen the Following but read great things about it. Looking forward to getting it on blueray.

January 21, 2014 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hi again! (lol) I was asking you, but, I was going by the other comments I read. The reason I'm not surprised is because so many have lost interest here. I stop in once a week or so & it's always the same thing. :( Can't figure out why CNN doesn't do something about it.
      Did you go to the Walking Dead blog? (wyww) No comment section & I don't see the trailer they were talking about. Oh well, it will be back on soon! :)
      Oh & blue ray is better than dvr, no commercials to ff thru. Lol!

January 21, 2014 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@Peace ☮

Interesting, they closed the comments section there. I wonder why....

I'm going home to beat the snow. Be good.

January 21, 2014 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Oh JellyBean, snow is a 4 lettered word & I've been saying it a lot lately, too. (haha) Stay safe!

January 21, 2014 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. LOL

who wants to bet that these posts, after deleted, will be re posted tonight or tomorrow.

January 20, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Douglas

You people are wasting your time. CNN already confirmed they are closing down this blog mid February.

January 20, 2014 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Stuart

I am going to press the abuse button on rupert. He is obnoxious. I am using another screen name so he won't steal my real name.

January 20, 2014 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @fyi..yeah, this is me V¡xen

Don't get what came over Tracie thou. She/he was cool with everyone.

January 20, 2014 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. You're a goddam moron rupert

rupert
    Im sorry if I annoyed u bloggers and cnn.
    Well, it's off to the grand marquee.

January 20, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |

From this just in today. If this place is going down, let's troll his stoopid azz!

January 20, 2014 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • No don't stoop to his level

@ troll buster Will you delete rupert? Sure you can figure out all his handles. Better then these ppl trolling on him. I will help by clicking the abuse button. Perhaps some of you will help too.

January 20, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fyi

Cnn has closed down two blogs now. How long before this one is done? Can't you ppl blog responsibly and talk like the grown ups you're supposed to be?

January 20, 2014 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pubert

Rupert I have seen your work on TJI. If you continue you will ruin all of the blogs. People blog for many reasons. A few people have very empty lives and some like the friendship. Stop it!

January 20, 2014 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |