'Community' drops in ratings, and more news to note
January 3rd, 2014

'Community' drops in ratings, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• If putting creator Dan Harmon back in "Community's" driver's seat was supposed to be a test, Thursday night's premiere did not pass with flying colors. The episode saw a drop in ratings in the adult demo, averaging a 1.3 when compared with lats year's 1.9. But on the bright side, at least it did better than the rest of NBC's Thursday night comedies. [THR]
  • The reign of Yoncé hasn't let up. Billboard's 200 albums chart is still topped by Mrs. Carter's surprise self-titled release, which is No. 1 for the third week in a row. [Billboard]
  • Is the way to an ex's heart charted on a segway? That may be the case for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, who were seen scooting around on the contraptions on Thursday. [TMZ]
  • For Charlize Theron, romance might best be found at the beach. Speculation that the Oscar winner's dating another Academy standout, Sean Penn, is running rampant after the two were seen bringing in the New Year together in Hawaii. [People]
  • It's a girl for "Top Chef's" Gail Simmons! The TV personality and pro food taster welcomed daughter Dahlia Rae on Sunday. [LAT]
  • This may be the best reaction to a Christmas present ever - or at least for 2013. When Jennifer Hudson gifted her assistant with a house for the holiday - yes, a house! - this was his reaction:

Filed under: While you were working

1. Jeff Roem

I want to apologize to everyone for my reprehensible behavior. Going thru some personal problems - mental issues, broken relationship with a male lover...I'm getting help and will try to cease and desist with all the trolling and name stealing. I beg your forgiveness.

January 6, 2014 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Roem

Fake Jeff Roem @ 11:09. Oh, wait. I stole his name yesterday. Oops.

January 6, 2014 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ya know...

I can just picture this little Jeff Roem h0m0, posting idiotic comments and giggling like a school girl cuz he thinks he's so funny. What a pathetic little twåt he is. Talkin about someone needing to get a life. Dumb fking loser.

January 5, 2014 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @ troll buster

Will you Leave those posts of tracies for the other bloggers to see. It's taking him longer to post, hard to think of nice things to say. He's found the lord, oh god help us all. Bahahaha

January 5, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @ troll buster

I'm watching tracie get deleted as fast as he post. You are making me lol. Dude, I'd like to buy you a drink.

January 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Okay moron

I have fed you your bedtime snack, time for bed, snack time is over. Night night azzhole. Sure I'll see you plastered all over here tomorrow.

January 5, 2014 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Helloooo, CNN team

Is there anyway you can start taking some action on the Marquee blogs? You mod all of the blogs but the Marquee, that’s not fair. Not sure who’s sleeping on the job, but please, WAKE UP!
    All you need to do is block tracie and I'm sure the garbage will be gone. You can see the ip addys, you KNOW who the culprit is. Do something would you, please. I even said please so come on!

January 5, 2014 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • troll buster

Sorry! lol

January 5, 2014 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

NP troll buster. This person is such an azzhole. Really needs to come out of mommies basement and get a job. JC, this person is on here all the time. Who does that? Oh yea, an unemployed, basement dwelling freak. Okay, bust on. I'm done speaking to this freak. Good night sir and TY.

January 5, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Helloooo, CNN team

Not set up that way.
      Not gonna happen
      So just.................

January 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@ Helloooo CNN team

Uh, stoopid azz. He said he was done speaking to you. Isn't it your bedtime yet? Stfu yourself and have momma tuck you in. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll hold a pillow over your face. Oh golly I can hardly wait for your next intelligent comment.

January 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

Oh yea, real big behind your computer screen. I'd kick your a.. if you had balls enough to say that face to face. lol Now come back with some more big words you little punk.

January 5, 2014 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

Damn it troll buster! lol

January 5, 2014 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rupert

I like "community"

January 5, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Professor Trollworth

"Community" is still on?
    Who knew? This show is basically unwatchable.

January 5, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

I never come on this blog and someone told me I posted. Wrong and I also did not post that vapid Xmas post. The troll situation is worse here.

January 5, 2014 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's one of your trolls ...

and you can have him back.

January 5, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's CNN's Troll

And he needs to go away permanently.
      He's polluted every blog.

January 5, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • You forgot

to add name stealing. Name stealing, class A jerk. Too bad CNN doesn't block you. I know they can see your ip.
      Hello CNN, anybody work here?

January 5, 2014 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

Now you're going to challenge CNN? You are not a normal human being!

January 5, 2014 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

What is so wrong in your life that you feel the need to do this? @Jeff Roem or whatever your name is. Oh that's right, tracie.

January 5, 2014 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Jeff Roem

Do u dress in women's clothes when u post as tracie, Trish and other female 'characters?' I bet you do, gayboy. You seem like that kind of weirdo.

January 5, 2014 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Jeff Roem

LOL. That's my cross-dressing step dad you've been sticking your cawk into. He's a wormy little f@990t just like u.

January 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. How many want Rupert gone?

Is this a new form of trolling or what? It may be a little more pleasant, but still trolling. You can stop now Rupert. We can report you, too. You wouldn't happen to be tracie, would you?

January 5, 2014 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Lol

Yeah, what the heck was that? It's probably tracie with a new name. TB must be here. Lol. Poor Rupert.

January 5, 2014 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. the normal side of Rupert's brain

Shut up, Rupert, and go take your meds. These good people do not want to hear the ramblings of a crazy person. Now, walk in the other room, grab your pills, and take them. I'm sorry everyone. He will mellow out after his meds take affect, and the other side of his brain will start functioning a little more normally. I can only control so much.

January 5, 2014 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Phinneas Phog

Maybe CNN should require everyone to register their user name with a valid email address. That would possibly help clean things up.

January 4, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Phinneas Phog

The main thing I miss about these blogs is the weekly Boardwalk Empire synopsis. The guy that wrote it was great. He loved the show, like many of us, and gave new insight into what happened and what might be coming up. Often times he noticed things we missed. He made the Marquee Blog great.

January 4, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Phinneas Phrog

I hope American Horror Story will start back soon.

January 4, 2014 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Phinneas Phrog

Just read it will be back on this Wednesday! YES! This is its best season ever.

January 4, 2014 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. @Troll Buster

I saw those posts. I'm trying to help you as well, but I can only hit report once.

January 4, 2014 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. troll buster

This is just an FYI. Last night, I did battle with Tracie. She came right out and said that she was responsible for all the trolling, and was proud of what she had done to this blog. She then went on to say how we would never get rid of her, and that she was here to stay. Then, the poop posts (one after the other) started. Then miraculously, the nonsense troll started up. Folks, I do believe that Tracie is the main troll on here. I also believe she is Sky and the nonsense troll. Same idiot style posts. In retrospect, I should have left a few of those on here, so you could all see her posts. She was trying to provoke everyone, so I just took her out. I just wanted to give you all the heads up on went down on here last night. Tracie/Sky/nonsense troll, I'm on to you now. You can change your name, but the content of your post will give you away. Be advised fellow bloggers, she is your culprit.

January 4, 2014 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  17. BlogR

From the "very Kimye Christmas" article on Christmas day; appears the nuisance name-stealing troll was introducing himself:

I am rupert. I will be the new producer of this blog beginning January 1.
    I run a tight ship.

Thank u.
    @tracie. Take beano and sleep outside.

December 25, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply

January 3, 2014 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • You're a jerk

8:28 pm Fake hello

January 5, 2014 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helloooo, CNN team

Good work? That's just laughable. You don't know the meaning of the word work. Have you ever recieved a paycheck? No you say? That's cause you're on here ALL the time, loser. Take a shower, get out of your moms basement, and go get a job.

January 5, 2014 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea

He's a troll. Lotta damage done here. It seems there ain't too many ppl on here now. Marquee ppl shoulda banned together instead of blaming each other. Hard to do when we don't use our actual handles though. Yea like I just did. Been so long since I use my handle I almost forgot what it was. lol

January 3, 2014 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea

This is from the very Kimye Xmas too.
      Dazzle is from tji blog.

dazzle© says:
      December 26, 2013 at 8:24 am
      Good morning all. I hope all of you had a delightfull Christmas. As for me, it was wonderful. Making memories of happy times with your loved one’s is priceless.
      Good day

[Trolls yea I think so. ]

January 3, 2014 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Roem

I do good work...I'm satisfied. Lmao

January 5, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |