Alyssa Milano bites back at fat-shaming
January 3rd, 2014

Alyssa Milano bites back at fat-shaming

Alyssa Milano didn't let a bad joke get in the way of her holiday spirit.

The 41-year-old actress was reportedly targeted in a body-shaming joke crafted by Jay Mohr, a comedian and Fox Sports radio host, but the former "Charmed" star managed to respond with class.

On December 6, Milano and Mohr both attended NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Awards in Las Vegas. Mohr was hosting that evening, and Milano was presenting race car driver Jimmie Johnson with the championship award, according to the New York Daily News.

Later during a radio interview, Mohr commented that he noticed Milano's "gut," something he said she must've gotten as a byproduct of having son Milo with husband David Bugliari in 2011.

"She’s very tiny in height,” Mohr reportedly said of the former "Charmed" star. “It seems like she had a baby and said, ‘I don’t really give a s***' ... I read it on her gut. ... Somebody sat in the director’s chair and was not wearing Spanx and I was like, ‘Jesus Christ.'"

When Milano caught wind of Mohr's comments, she found him on Twitter to tweet her response - and made sure everyone saw it.

"So sorry you felt the need to publicly fat-shame me," Milano tweeted on December 25. "Be well and God Bless. Please send my love to your beautiful wife."

It took Mohr a while to respond, but eventually, he did. On Twitter Thursday, he said that his remarks were a joke gone wrong. (We like to imagine that this threat from Milano's "Charmed" co-star, Rose McGowan, promoted his semi-apology:

"She's stunning," he said. "I mistakenly thought the absurdity of what I was saying would have ben taken as a joke. #fail."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. kondordisqus

Well, the extra weight sure does a good job of highlighting her double assets. And I am not talking the chin.

January 19, 2014 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. arch

The only person who should be concerned about an issue dealing with a lil' extra fat is her husband. If he doesn't have any problems, then that's the end of the story. I've seen this guy act and quite honestly, it's good he has a second job! If I were this girl's husband I would make sure this idiot got my message, face to face, with his face kissing the cement a few times! This guy reminds me of that other idiot that is on HBO. His first name is Bill and his last name starts with a 'M', I believe? Every time I see that plick, I almost throw up. What is it about bimbos like these two and many more that draw people to watch them? They're not funny nor do they seem very educated? I guess everybody needs a lil' trash in their diet once in awhile..

January 15, 2014 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
    • SKC

I respectfully disagree on one point. The only person who has a right to be concerned about a little extra fat is Alyssa. If she's not concerned about it, which she shouldn't be, then no one else should be, and that includes her husband. That said, I'm sure her husband is on board, too.

January 17, 2014 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. sailor12

To me thats FINE not fat.

January 12, 2014 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. al taylor

If only Jay Mohr was as funny to the rest of us as he seems to be to himself...

January 9, 2014 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary C.

What? She's gorgeous! Shame on him!

January 6, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danielle

It's called sarcasm dummy. Anyone that thought Jay Mohr meant she was actually fat is stupid.

January 21, 2014 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Katie

In Jay Mohr's case, you just can't fix stupid

January 6, 2014 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kathy

Bravo to Alyssa Milano. A real class act and I absolutely loved her response.

January 6, 2014 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. Liam

Once again someone attacks a beautiful woman with unfounded allegations AND when called to task goes into full retreat mode.
    Answer me this Mr. Mohr: have you looked into the mirror of late? When I went searching for photos of you what I found were photos of a plump-ish mean little man who thought he was being SO clever.
    Uh-oh, BACKFIRE!
    Take some advise Mr. Mohr: THINK before you open your pie hole with untruths.

January 6, 2014 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Joseph

First off its his OPINION there is no true or false to perception. Secondly ive seen this a lot lately. ADVICE – If you give someone advice you have advised them. opinion – advice. Got it?

January 18, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. AlucarD

Ooh wow, a NASCAR guy. I hope his momma washed his tooth for the big award show

January 5, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. gah

not everyone gets their body back after having a baby. sure, you can lose the weight, but some people, like myself, it is the underlying muscle and skin that are damaged. you can fix those to a point with plastic surgery, but you have to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks. it actually sent me into a deep depression since i was my pre pregnancy normal weight but my abdominal muscles just were so stretched that i will never have a flat stomach again.

January 5, 2014 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TomGI

Jay Mohr was the host? Poor hiring choice by NASCAR. Don't they normally like to hire a comedienne or witty celebrity to host these award shows?

January 5, 2014 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Belle

She is beautiful. She just had a baby and can always lose wait if she chooses to do so. However, he can't fix that big a$$ forehead of his.

January 4, 2014 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Douchie

"Please send my love to your beautiful wife." Ouch that's cold... considering that his wife has suffered from plastic surgery gone wrong.

January 4, 2014 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • krg

Lol!! Yeah, I didn't think anyone caught on to that. His wife really looks terrible right now. My guess is she was either being nice and classy, or really sarcastic.

January 10, 2014 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. paul

He must really be ignorant if he thinks that's funny. He sounds desperate

January 3, 2014 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ricky Bobby

Kyle Busch is my driver, but congrats to Jimmie Johnson and Hendrick motorsports for a great Sprint Cup season.

January 3, 2014 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Theresa

I was going to say Jay Mohr was ill-positioned to comment on fatness since look at his own wife, but then I discovered his wife is Nikki Cox who is blazing hot. Then I thought so what if she's hauling some lard in the gut region. She's not as big as a hippopotamus. Grover Cleveland was fat, and look at everything he accomplished. Her handlers just need to give her some baggier clothing.

January 3, 2014 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Seth

Oh the pain. Oh the pain.

January 3, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Seth

Oh God. Oh God.
    I miss tracie, Alvarez, and Sky so.much it hurts.

January 3, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joe

I pleasure myself to Rose McGowan daily. True story.

January 3, 2014 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. More cushion...

for the pushin.'

January 3, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. SenorPlaid

"I mistakenly thought the absurdity of what I was saying would have ben taken as a joke."

Couldn't that be said of every one of your "jokes," Jay?

January 3, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jake

That headline is not okay.

January 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Oooh somebody's mad

He's probably a porker himself, with back hair and butt acne.

January 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Agrav8td

Maybe if Jay Mohr was even funny to begin with, people would have assumed he was joking. Not sure why he's referred to as a comedian. Don't go away mad, just go away.

January 3, 2014 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • SenorPlaid

I assume in his case, that comedian is used as a noun rather than an adjective.

January 3, 2014 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  25. big richard

I'd like to offer Ms. Milano my pepperoni!

January 3, 2014 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Clete

Aren't you really known as "Little John"?

January 5, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  27. e1988

Kids are the best thing that will ever happen to anyone in your lifetime. Too bad you are too blind, selfish, and ignorant to ever conceive that. Anyway, you saved a kid from misery from having you as a parent by you not having any. Good job.

January 6, 2014 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  28. Larry

Not to get too political, but you need kids and the next generation to help & support the retiring generations. Look around the world and you'll see this is starting to become a very big problem. Personally, I think Alyssa Milano still looks very attractive and good for her to take the mature/high road.

January 6, 2014 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  29. Happy Mom

Having kids is not for everyone, and you obviously chose a different path. That's great for you as I'm sure your path is just as satisfying to you, but please do not speak ill of my choices. True, my body is not what it once was, but I'm forever working to stay healthy and get healthier. However, my belly grew 2 human beings, my breasts fed them, my arms cradled them in love and security, my face was caressed by their small, soft, grateful fingers, my eyes look tired but it was from sitting up rocking and soothing a beloved gift after a bad dream. The changes in my body reflect the changes to my life. It's all give and take. You give some of yourself, physically, spiritually and emotionally, but you get back tenfold in all these areas. When I die I will leave behind a legacy of love and family carried through generations. What will you leave behind?

January 6, 2014 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  30. asdrel

Good thing for you that your parents didn't feel the way that you do, isn't it?

January 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Joseph

The human race needs children. Not this many but enough to carry on the seed.

January 18, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. kondordisqus

If you have HD and are paying attention to the hair on her arms, you are not doing it right.

Shift a little inward, either left and right, and then zoom. In addition to being beautiful, she has perhaps the nicest pair of any actress in Hollywood today.

January 19, 2014 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |