First photo of Seth MacFarlane's Western
January 2nd, 2014

First photo of Seth MacFarlane's Western

This summer, Seth MacFarlane's going to take us on a trip out West.

The comedic creator's next cinematic release is a Western appropriately called "A Million Ways to Die in the West," which he wrote, directed, and also stars in.

The first still from the film was recently released, and showcases MacFarlane as the cowardly sheep farmer at the center of the tale.

After the farmer, Albert, bows out of a gunfight, his lady love (played by Amanda Seyfried) ditches him for a braver man with a prominent mustache - Neil Patrick Harris' Foy. All isn't lost for poor Albert, as another love interest in the form of Charlize Theron soon strides into town.

The only problem is that she's the wife of an outlaw, and when her husband comes looking for her Albert has to muster up some courage once again.

"A Million Ways to Die in the West" arrives in theaters May 30.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Patterson

Big fan of the plausible western genre (like True Grit or 3:10 to Yuma)(vice implausible, like Drew Barrymore in Bad Girls or that pathetic politically correct Disney version Lone Ranger). I wish McFarlane success. Big New England lib, but track record of success. He breaks the oppressive Hollywood mold, and I loved his Oscars "jews control Hollywood" joke. The uproar was testament to the truth of that stinging statement.

January 3, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Robert

Funny thing is. Here I am in 2014. I'm a police officer in Kansas.

January 3, 2014 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Robert

Looking into that picture really takes me back. I used to be a deputy in Oklahoma in 1876. That's according to a psychologist that hypnotized me. It was a previous life. I was killed in an ambush by some bank robbers.
    Remember, energy never dies, it changes.

January 3, 2014 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Eduardo

Hey, mister reincarnated energy, apparently you're new around here. We are all committed leftists who disavow personal responsibility, and to do that we must disavow souls, afterlife, and religion. Since we must atone for nothing in an afterlife and morality is a manmade fiction, we are free to do as we please in the present, like take drugs and gay marriage. That's how we roll around here. Got it? You were not Wyatt Earp or Bat Masterton and any energy you presently have will decompose when you decease.

January 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • @eduardo

Sokkkman, I presume.

January 3, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

Yes, definitely SoKKKman. I suspect he's the name-stealing, poop commenting troll everyone despises. It's not coincidence that he resurfaces in the midst of what's been going on here the last several days.

January 3, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • FYI: Robert is that bobcat (in a hat) nitwit from TJI

Both post the same inane "stories" like this. Just another TJI troll polluting the marquee blog. Or, maybe Robert/bob is THE troll.

January 4, 2014 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Jean

I'm laughing my ass off Robert

January 14, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @we can help

No need to get nasty..sheesh

Pluck this place. I'm done

January 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @whinny littte baby waaaa

@6:10. QUIT YOUR BELLY ACHING AND STFU.

January 2, 2014 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @Toll Buster

If you're out there, please will you delete the annoying pests that's trolling on here. We all know this person/or people are the hacker/SKY/Little Mister and poop nuts.

I'm sorry. I feel guilty for asking more from you because I know you have way more important things to do. If it's too much, we'll understand and no hard feelings on my/our end. Thank you our friend. Hope you're having a good day.

January 2, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • we can help

Don't you have a abuse button? If we all press it we can delete them. But it takes a few of us. Someone said that before ,Trollbuster did. In stead of everyone complaining bout this we can shut up and help him.

January 2, 2014 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ we can help

True. I just reported you. Fool

January 2, 2014 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • yeah what a pathetic a s s hole this person is

Calling out for help and getting slammed with hateful comments from the blog own ppl no least. Stupid dumb fu c k er

January 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ※Sadie※

January 2, 2014 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ※Sadie※

Oh oh, that was some bad timing there, "Sadie". But that's ok, I actually agree with you. Consider your hand slapped for stealing my name, though. lol...

January 2, 2014 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. troll buster

I'm going to leave this one on here, cause now you are just making me laugh at your feeble attempt to make me mad. You sure do put a lot of effort into this. Me, not so much. Click of a button, then you are gone. Then you pop back up, and click , you are gone again. Don't you get tired of this dance? All you have to do is post like a semi normal person, leave people alone, and I won't touch your comment. But if you want to be an azz hole, then know your comment will disappear either by my hand or another bloggers. It sounds like most people are sick of it. Anything sinking in?

January 2, 2014 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. oh thank you

I am learning new ways to express myself. You people are pretty clever.
    Thank you as holle.
    Shall I add this to my dictionary you p rick?
    Learned p rick yesterday.

January 3, 2014 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ha!

@oh thank you. Learned a new word, huh? What are you like 12 or what?

January 3, 2014 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. oh thank you

,@ ha!
    No p rick. Just never could post with such filthy language, like the language your mama taught you.
    Bye as holle.

January 3, 2014 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. A Life...

Get one, you pathetic loser.

January 3, 2014 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ha!

Umm, you are the one using filthy language you worthless troll. Do you actually read what you post? You are a total loser.

January 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ha!

That was for "oh thank you".

January 3, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |