Kanye West: I'm going to stop talking negatively for now
December 27th, 2013

Kanye West: I'm going to stop talking negatively for now

Could there be a quieter, gentler Kanye West on the way?

The rapper and fiance of Kim Kardashian has reportedly said he will stop talking negatively for at least six months. During a tour stop in Toronto, West went on for more than 25 minutes about various topics, including that he's talked some smack.

"I think it's a misconception that people be thinking I'm angry and s***," he said. "Why do the truth always sound some angry? I ain't angry at nothing. I'm not mad at all."

West said he's going to focus in the new year on "all the new ideas and all the creative outlets." As for his recent feud with Nike, West said he will never mention that again.

"I'm not (going to) ever bring up Nike again," he said. "And the only way I'll bring them up is in a positive light, because I actually appreciate the opportunity to have been able to make my own shoe with them, and if I didn't have the opportunity I wouldn't have my deal I have with Adidas right now."

Check out the rapper's entire commentary here, though be warned there is some profanity:

What do you think? Do you buy his vow to keep his mouth shut?

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West

1. tom

Hey moron....how about just stop talking altogether??? Now that is a idea we'd all get behind...and speaking of behind's...have that ho of a girlfriend of yours shut hers too.

January 1, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. crust clowne

He's going to stop talking negatively? How about he just not talk, period! PLEASE!

January 1, 2014 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  3. citizenUSA

What a great thing it would be to kick Kanye in the a** with a pair of sneakers HE designed.

December 31, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Karen C

He will be quiet for a day that is it!

December 31, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bubba Gump

Anyone here NOT see the humor in a black man wearing a hood and sporting a confederate flag?

December 31, 2013 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. bob

I hate meatloaf...

December 30, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meatloaf

Bob, I don't even know you. Did I bang your sister when the "Bat Outta Hell" tour came through your town?

December 31, 2013 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. ll

If only this were true...

December 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. M.A.P.

My poop smells like cat food

December 30, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. stuart

Bunch of dirty bafoons

December 30, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JR from White Bear Lake, MN

Hey.... I don't mind him talking at all. Its his rapping that makes me sick.

December 30, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. little mister©

Somebodys been using my name.

December 30, 2013 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. homey on de corner

He need to stop talkin' and he need to dump that Kim ho.

December 29, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. little mister®

Kartrashian is lucky to have him. He is the best rapper there ever is. Got the looks, the voice, he got it all. She better be good on to him cause there be many b!tches that want him.

December 29, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. For the love of...

Stop talking, stop singing. Don't go away mad, For the love of geniuses everywhere, Just go away.

December 29, 2013 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  15. maria

OHHHH my goodness OMG finally miracles happen this big mouth is going to stop talking , someone hear my prayers ha ha ha this moron will never stop talking , his egomaniac self center ego will not let do that for sure ...we will have this whole trashy family in the news for ever , they entertain people, not me!

December 29, 2013 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. Alvarez

I'd like to fill his mouth with a tasty poop tart, and stuff a few stink nuggets in his ears.

December 28, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ruth

No wonder Kim likes Kanye. If you hear him speak and then hear Kim speak, she sounds like a genuis

December 28, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Crack is whack

Ain't nobody want him back.

December 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. @Charlie cr@ack

If u out there pls come back!!

December 28, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Raven In Red

Kanye is a very talented artist. He's a little rough around the edges, but that's sort of what gives his creativity the tweaks it needs to be ever more and evolving. I loathe and detest the "Kimye" sensation, but I will say I believe that Kanye is making what he believes is an honest vow to try to be more positive. He's a new parent – he knows his child will someday see the things he's said and done. Also, after he lost his mother, he really was an angry lost child for a while; I cannot imagine the depth of his pain and angst. Thank the Divine he had his creativity as an outlet, because I'm not sure he ever had the proper emotional coping skills to deal with hard issues like that. Now he says he feels like he has family again – and he wants to be better, for himself, for his child, for his bride, and for the family (who've accepted and love him quite a bit, I understand). Kanye has said some really outrageous stuff before that has been downright astounding in either arrogance, ignorance, anger, hostility or a number of other things, but when he takes a look at himself and says – "I want to change – here's one way I'm going to try to do it," I think everyone deserves a chance to be a better person and to be allowed to try (and perhaps maybe stumble a few times) in achieving that "better person" status. I haven't liked the man as much as I have his music in a long time, and hearing the soundbites made the music even less enjoyable....here's hoping Kanye can show us all a lesson in life about striving for something better – for one's self, for one's child, for one's family, for one's career. Best of luck, to you, Mr. West. There is support out there – maybe it's not as vocal as "da haterz", but the people whose respect you would want to have are rooting for you to make good.

December 28, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  21. BubblesB

Better yet he should just stop talking.

December 28, 2013 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mike

I hope the moron does stop talking. No one cares what this idiot thinks anyway.

December 28, 2013 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  23. Eric

I. Ould shot him just for wearing that jacket with the flag of traitors and symbol of slavery!!!!

December 28, 2013 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
    • little mister©

@eric. U idi.ot. Mr. West is wearing the confederate symbol cuz its irony, satire. Truly humor with class.
      Go back to scool. Take a literarure class.

December 30, 2013 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  24. Khloe

Fuuurrrttt

December 28, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  25. ranlo

GOOD, now maybe he will fade away!

December 28, 2013 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  26. SKY

FACT: POSITIVE THINKING IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR THE SOUL....
    REMEMBER WHEN YOU TURN POSITIVE YOU WILL
    KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NEGATIVE....

NEGATIVE PEOPLE CAN PULL YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOU
    SICK....

December 28, 2013 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • little mister©

Sky. u are the only blogger that makes sense 2 me. Will u marry me?

December 28, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  27. Wrighteous

Kanye needs Olivia Pope along with a grammar teacher and a publicist who can teach him how to speak articulately and conduct himself in public. Just take a look at all of the stars during the Motown era. Berry Gordy, to his credit, sent his stable of stars to etiquette and speech classes so they would not embarrass the company, nor themselves. Kanye, along with Jay-Z and Beyonce need to be taught how to speak properly.

Don't get it twisted...I am a Black female and am often appalled at how some of my people sound like they don't even have a grade school education. They may be rich, but hearing them speak, lets everyone know they are uneducated. My advice to them, use some of your money to learn how to use proper English and grammar. UGH!

I agree with Kanye...he should stop talking until he learns how to speak intelligently and use proper English. He may consider himself a genius, but he always sounds so damn stupid!

December 28, 2013 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  28. cajr

that's the smartest thing he's said yet. you attract a lot more with honey than vinegar kanye.

December 27, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

darn it! I thought he was gonna stop talking all together. And why are they always photographed without their baby? Are they embarrassed by her? They should be home with home with her instead of out shopping and being photographed all over the place. just saying...

December 27, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. white guy

Take a page from Jesse's playbook go into hidding. Oh wait thats when you knock-up someone other then your wife, or the feds are on your trail and you become bipolar

December 27, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Clete

Kanye West stop talking....if only it were true, but alas it is not.

December 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Boo

Why doesn't this moron SHUT THE HELL UP....FOR GOOD?

December 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. CNN Marquee Blog

All Kanye, all Kardashian, all the time.

December 27, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Willard

I'd like to apple you, troll, with a whole 5lb. bag of them right in your stupid troll face.

December 27, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Organism

I love sauteed onions. They go with almost any meal. Mmmmmmm.....

December 27, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. G.I. Steve

Joe is a completely different action figure.

December 29, 2013 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. You DO realize, don't you...

That YOU are the troll everyone on this blog hates. YOU are the nuisance troll.

December 31, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Mayor's Office

No idea what you're talking about, troll-person.

December 31, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |