Selena Gomez cancels tour dates for me time
December 20th, 2013

Selena Gomez cancels tour dates for me time

Selena Gomez needs a moment - in fact, make that several.

In a statement on Friday, the 21-year-old singer/actress said that she's canceling upcoming concert dates in Australia in order to take some personal time.

“My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," Gomez said.

The singer's been on her "Stars Dance" trek since August, and announced her intent to take the tour to Australia in November. The five-date stretch included stops in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Those who purchased tickets to those performances will be refunded at their point of purchase.

"To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me," Gomez added in her statement.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. jd

What I stated above was totally true and correct. Selena only came back to so Bieber, search google for the photos of them hugging each other today.

She is a liar, and so is Bieber.

January 4, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. alucarD

yikes...hope that acne clears up before she looks like the surface of the moon

December 31, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bob

I hate meatloaf...

December 30, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BØNER Juice

Yowdies –Selena is a hottie! 8======> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ :P

December 23, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. same sh!t, new day

It no wonder why there's no normal ppl here or the regulars.[cept vixen] Look at this place. It more worse everytime I come on here. Cnn should be very happy with themselfs. Happy holidays to vixen n any of the regulars that might come on here. n a happy new yr. I hope the trolls that ruined this place all get hit by a cab n die a painful death before 2014. Ed

December 22, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Yeah, I know:( . Used to be so much fun a few years back. The trolls made you laugh and people were cool.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well. Be safe and have fun..xo

December 23, 2013 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
    • same sh!t, new day

Now u give me a xo. Didn't like me a couple yrs ago. Now u no I aint that bad. Lmao. Xo to you to. Ed:)

December 23, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elvis

Maybe if ya play my Christmas album, you'll be in a more festive mood. I know what y'all mean, though. I used to drop in regularly, but it became so uncool in here, man.

December 23, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • But Elvis

We liked you and you left. Where you go ? The Waffle House still. Lmao

December 23, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Lol..I'm just in the Christmas mood, don't let it go to your head:)
      You still own that rig?..lmao

December 23, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Oh @Ed, I forgot to add a little Christmas. .xo..lol

December 23, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Also @Elvis..I also remembered you as well. I had always liked you, Ed...ehhh..lol. Sorry Ed, just voicing the truth. Glad to have you both back:)

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all. Have lots of fun, and be safe..xo

December 23, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elvis

It's just too crazy in here, man. Makes me feel like I did back in Memphis when I was takin' too many pills. That dating spam is awful. And some guy named twit-something keeps dumping on some girl named Sarah. This has gotten to be too weird, man. I'm outta here!

December 24, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. @kathleen baptiste

Hey selena gomez I wish you have a happy holidays with your baby sister gracie we love your songs come& get it and slow down and stars dance and like a champion and forget forever and save a day beat and write your name and love will remember and undercover and birthday that all the songs I know about selena gomez and mine friends shannon like we love you selena gomez

December 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wanna buy some punctuation

for the next time you comment? I got periods, commas, semi-colons, question marks and exclamation points on sale, 30% off now through Dec. 24th.

December 22, 2013 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Santa Claws

Somebody on here needs some joy!

Siiilent night.....
    Holy night.....
    All is CALM all is bright.....

Merry Christmas! Jingle jingle

December 22, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Peter

Good for Selena! Great call! Hey, if you want to go out sometime...now that you have time, just give me a shout out. =)

December 22, 2013 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. Richard

The music industry died when the record companies began catering to pre-teen and teen girls and men of questionable gender.

December 22, 2013 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. lean6

Didn't she just have a Milli Vanilli moment on stage a couple of weeks ago? Just don't tour or perform live if you can't really sing. Take what you can get from video buzz. Why is that so hard to understand?

December 21, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Santa Claws

Dashing thru the snow...
    On a 1 horse open sleigh...
    Oer' the fields we go.....
    Laughing all the way.... ha ha ha

Merry Christmas! Jingle jingle

December 21, 2013 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. Geef

Why is she singing into her armpit?

December 21, 2013 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jose' Ramirez

Happy holidays

December 21, 2013 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jose' Ramirez

Isn't she a mexican?

December 21, 2013 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. jd

She is only taking time off due to Bieber claiming he is retiring. I guarantee it. They both probably worked this scheme out together.

She wants to spend time with him, and everything she has told the public about their relationship has been a lie.

December 20, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seer

Did you get that from a Teen Beat gossip column?

December 20, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD

Seer, I was 100% correct in what I said. I didn't get it from any website, it was my own common sense. In fact I was the only one posting it. Search google today and you will see a photo Bieber posted of him and Selena hugging.

They are both liars.

January 4, 2014 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Know it all

Big mistake. Her allure is fading fast. She will age and gravity will conquer her perkiness. The songs she once could sing will be peddled to a more marketable youngster. She needs to make money now! "Gotta make hay while the sun is shining," as my Grandpa used to say. She lacks the rigor and entrepreneurial spirit of a real American.

December 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dreg

Know what my grandpa used to say? "Get off the grass you fcking little sumnab!tch - I just fertilized it! What, were your parents retarded?"

I miss you, Granpy. :(

December 20, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Dreg- lol...

December 20, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Feeniegal

Such a cute girl. I loved "Wizards". Maybe she shouldn't hang with Taylor Swift so much. Hope she gets better.

December 20, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. I AM NUMBER 1

First!

December 20, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joe

She is going to take singing lessons now that she has shown the world she cannot sing without a prerecorded autotune track! Pretty embarrassing!

December 21, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Reoorted

?

December 22, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. quick, light a match

Maybe you'll blow yourself up and we'll be rid of you.

December 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sorry...

Thought you were the rant and rave troll. I'm one of the opposition, dedicated to fking with that psycho whenever she posts.

December 23, 2013 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. is anyone here 50 ?

Nah man, I was asking a serious question. Can't picture some 50 yr old talking sh!t like that. Or some of the other ones I read, immature comments. Mostly teens here ? She, he, it, is a psycho. You hit that on the head. Lmao

December 23, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |