Today's talk you might've missed:
- If you thought Miley Cyrus was going to fade into the background as soon as the ball dropped to welcome a New Year, you thought wrong. The pop star is going to usher in 2014 with a performance from Times Square on New Year's Eve. Here's (what we presume is) a preview:
NY get ready for NY (pic.twitter.com/S4NLluB29N— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) December 12, 2013
- Lea Michele opened up to Ellen DeGeneres Thursday about what life has been like following Cory Monteith's death. Whether she's at home or at work on the "Glee" set, she says her grief over losing Monteith is with her everyday.
- Given that Julie Chen is on a rival daytime talk show, we're going to go ahead and call her blasting "The View" for making "a mistake" by hiring Jenny McCarthy not-so-subtle sabotage. [Extra]
- David Foster Wallace fan? Try to imagine Jason Segel playing him - word has it "The Muppets" star is going to portray the celebrated author in a movie alongside Jesse Eisenberg. [The Wrap]
- Britney Spears' two boys are getting another half-sibling. Spears' ex, Kevin Federline, is having another baby with wife Victoria Prince. This one will be Federline's sixth. [TMZ]