Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: Sneak peek at Globes
December 6th, 2013

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: Sneak peek at Globes

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are always in sync.

But always singing in the right key? That's another story.

In the first promo video for the 2014 Golden Globes, the dynamic comedic duo showed off their familiar deadpan humor ... and some pretty poor vocal skills.

With Poehler seated at a piano and Fey standing upright, the pair were supposed to sing a preview of the opening song they supposedly wrote.

But those watching the promo during Thursday night's "Sound of Music Live!" never got to hear the track as Fey and Poehler couldn't agree on the key. (You can watch the video here.)

Thankfully, they have a few weeks to practice. The nominations for the Golden Globes will arrive on December 12, followed by the 71st annual Globes on January 12.

This will be Fey and Poehler's second time hosting the awards show; their work at the 2013 ceremony was so on point, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association booked both of them for the next two years.

Filed under: Awards Season • Golden Globes

Next entry »
  1. Rock

Hey you two brods...show me your globes

December 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. tracie

OK I GOTTA SAY THAT THESE TWO GIRLS WOULD LOOK SO MUCH HOT IF THEY WOULD SMEAR POOP IN THEIR HAIR AND EYES!

December 9, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Geraldo

Maybe singing off key was part of their schtick! regardless they are still some funny women with good chemistry on stage, and with all the trouble and uncertainty in this country and elsewhere another reason to laugh is whats up! and all u fecal minded butt dwelling monkey fockers just need to stfu!!!!!

December 8, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Alvarez

Monkey fockers-I like that. Now come closer so I can pelt you with a barrage of corn studded trouser twinkies.

December 8, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chandler Hall

I can't wait to see my Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host the Golden globes, this year I missed it but next year I'm not gonna miss it for anything, Tina and Amy are the laughter medicine to anyones sadness in their lives. Tina Fey's show 30Rock literally saved my life, I was in rehab for drugs when I first saw her show!

December 8, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bridge

A person who posts anti-liberal diatribes to an article about the Golden Globes is probably not as sophisticated and calm as he perceives himself to be. Next stop: shouting at perfect strangers in the public square, sans pants.

December 8, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. Alvarez

I'd like to splash some butt chowder on both of them.

December 7, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joe

I'd like a sneak peek of their globes alright...

December 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

I'll second that. Although that one guy on SNL said he'd like to put Tina's together and make one good one! ( o )

December 9, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Poor Jumba

So bitter, so much hatred. It must really suk to belong to a dying breed of racist, backwards thinking negative nellies like that. Careful how you lash out and to whom - we'll put you down like the rabid dog that you are.

December 7, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jumba

Nah. You won't. You cannot run a successful society. Name me ONE divided, politcally correct leftist society that has lasted for even one century. You can't. I do not doubt that you'd "put me down like a rabid dog" because your kind (stalin, mao, hitler) cannot fight dissen with your poor, failing ideas. Society comes and goes regarding schools of thought. You're on top now, but you won't always be. Trust me, you'll be treated like a "rabid dog" in your final moments. The masses are fickle, child. Best watch your step while you hold the conch.

December 7, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poor Jumba

Wow, you're a jumbled up mess of misinformation, lies and paranoia. Good thing you're on the way out so a new generation of open-minded Americans can move our great country forward instead of backwards. You're no different that the radical Islamists we've been fighting this past decade, only you extremists follow a different book of lies. No thanks to your twisted idea of a right-wing dominionist theocracy. But hey, a cranky old man can always dream, right. Oh, and you're the side who smashed the conch and led that society into unbridled chaos, not our side.

December 7, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jumba

The problem with you libs is a disdain for tradition. Unlike me, you probably don't get up sober minded each morning and march to the breakfast table to a recording of the star spangled banner. Doubtful you take the time to read the Bible for an hour each day, then whack off in the shower to mental images of Ann Coulter naked and wrapped in the flag.

December 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jumba

Your side gave us the cultural revolution, the holomodor, the holocaust (remember, Hitler was a socialist, child). The present barely belongs to you. Look at Europe to see the logical future of your failed ideas. You can't control people who disagree with you forever, kid. Besides, the muslim extremists you defend will own the minds of your children, anyway. It's inevitable. Your "peaceful open-mindedness" makes you ripe for enslavement to the strong. Enjoy your moment. I give it another decade, tops.

December 8, 2013 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Hitler was a fascist, you ignorant twit

He used the term socialist to dupe idiots like you. Of course, you don't understand that, being as your not a political thinker, as you so admit. If Hitler were alive today, he'd be the darling of FoxNews and the Tea Party, ranting right along with your anti gay, antisemitic, anti liberal racist gun waving sadistic nutjob rightwing bretheren. You'd be j e r k i n g off to videos of him right now, between spewing you venom on this website.

December 9, 2013 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. Alvarez

I heard Tina Fey's underpants look like a fudge factory.

December 7, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alvarez

You Are So Nasty is right. I apologize. Now come closer so I can smear a corn studded butt nugget across your face. Plop. Plop plop. Plop plop plop.

December 7, 2013 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • you are so nasty

You really are a worthless piece of cr@p. Not funny at all.

December 7, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Alvarez

Really, I'm very sorry. By the way, how would you look with a few stink nuggets stuffed up your nose, and a loose runny bowel movement perched majestically on top of your head?

December 7, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Alvarez, I really want you to explode your colon contents right into my mouth......slurp!

December 7, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alvarez

I'd be happy to do so! A lot of corn and peanuts in my diet right now should make for a tasty mix.

December 8, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Miley Cyrus

I already displayed my golden globes. Case closed. End of this event forever!

December 6, 2013 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. you are so nasty

You were NEVER funny. You are still not funny. 3-year old toddler poop jokes. Not funny. STOP

December 6, 2013 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Di Arrhea

Fffffffffttttt...SPPPPLOOOOOSH...FFFFfffppppppp...splutsplut..SPLASH...PPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTtttttt......ffffffffttttt....

December 6, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Oh, the wet dream of a deranged fascist

'Snipped vocal cords?' Any other cruel tactics in the GOP playbook that you'd care to share with us?

December 7, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jumba

Sure, chump. But the tactics liberal regimes have used are far more delightfully cruel. Mass starvation, genocide, inciting racial and class hatred. Turning genders against each other. Banning free expression and dissent. You guys are far more interesting to me. I'm a sadist, not a politcal thinker and I like your product, just not the pathetic packaging.

December 8, 2013 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. Patines

Martha Steward needs this information right away. How can we pass it to her?

December 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |