'Sound of Music Live!'s' monster ratings, and more news to note
December 6th, 2013

'Sound of Music Live!'s' monster ratings, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• NBC's "The Sound of Music Live!" wasn't the greatest thing to ever cross the screen, but given the great ratings we're not sure the network cares. Thursday's three-hour performance was watched by 18.4 million people and a 4.6 rating in the adult demographic, NBC's best average since "ER" went off the air in 2009.
  • Keep the fire burning on your hope that Brian will be restored to "Family Guy." Word has it he'll appear in the December 15 episode (and hopefully not as a ghost). [EW]
  • We think any lingering desire for an Oasis reunion should be replaced with a petition to get Noel Gallagher to review any and all albums, all the time. Also, we're now going to work "that's f*****g mega" into our lexicon. [Rolling Stone]
  • So far, Kelly Clarkson is having a pretty awful pregnancy. Her nails are still short, her hair isn't lustrous, she has no glow to speak of and she vomits approximately 12 times a day. ["Ellen"]
  • If "Dancing With the Stars" ever does another all-stars show, they're obviously going to bring back Kirstie Alley and Leah Remini. Now that Alley has called Remini a "bigot" and her "enemy" because of Remini's criticism of Scientology, it would be a ratings win tied up with a bow. [GossipCop]
  • The Instagram account of Madonna's son, Rocco Ritchie, is everything you've dreamed it could be. [People]

Filed under: While you were working

« Previous entry
  1. Carrie fan

I can't wait to see Carrie Underwood's next live TV project, when she will star in Hedwig and the Angry Inch!

December 10, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. tracie

OK I REALLY LIKED THE PART WHEN SHE SQUATTED ON STAGE AND TOOK A BIG DUMP!

December 9, 2013 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Agreed

She calls that move "giving birth to another conservative." It's a conceptual, performance art piece.

December 10, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. ※Sadie※

I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to MIchigan State for beating the crap out of Ohio State yesterday. I got to say, I wasn't expecting MSU to beat them, but they played their hearts out, and beat the odds favorite. Good luck at the Rose Bowl, too. You made us folks from Michigan proud. Go Green!
    Enjoy the rest of your w/e everybody (that was for the blue troll-lol...), back to reality tomorrow.

December 8, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Sadie! How you doing? It was indeed a big win for Michigan St. I gotta admit I was pulling for them as I wanted to see Ohio st get knocked out of a spot in the national championship game. The rose bowl against Stanford should be a good game.

December 8, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Silettosforlife

You Suk?...your life is not too hot as compared too Sarah who is out looking for crafts for the holidays.

December 8, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. rupert

*facepalm*

December 8, 2013 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. SKY

FACT; CARRIE UNDERWOOD, WHENEVER PEOPLE SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT YOU, NEVER SAY
    THEY NEED JESUS. WHY? MANY DON'T KNOW JESUS CHRIST.

WHAT YOU CAN SAY IS, IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT ME
    TELL ME TO MY FACE...AHHHHH THEY HAVE TO BE IMPORTANT TO DO THAT....
    REMEMBER, IF YOU LIVE TO PLEASE PEOPLE YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY,
    BUT IF YOU LIVE TO PLEASE YOUR MAKER, YOU ARE FOREVER A STAR!

December 8, 2013 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Yoo Suk

It's even worse to be you. One-trick pony. You not part of circus any more. You go away.

December 8, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. DJ Howell

It seems that my positive reaction to the televised remake of the stage (not film) version of The Sound of Music is a rarity. Of course, it is the beautiful music that makes the show, whoever is performing, and the standout performances were of the Mother Superior and, yes, of Captain von Trapp. I liked the fact that, for the most part, producers returned to the stage music rather than the more limited film music. I remember that Mary Martin (herself no Julie Andrews but a veteran of the stage) was Broadway's Maria. More, the production values were outstanding - highly evocative.
    Oh, well, I am also among those who loathe the musical (I am reluctant to use that term) version of Les Miserables - as wholly unmusical, unlike the works of Roger and Hammerstein. The story of Les Miserables is indeed a classic, but the music unmemorable despite aspirations toward opera.

December 7, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scoobie

That picture of Rocco Ritchie is unflattering. Disturbing even. He looks like a demon and appears to be dirty dancing with stepmom.

December 7, 2013 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Peace ☮

They killed off Brian? Poor dog, how did he die? Triumph, did you know him well? ;)

December 6, 2013 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Yep they killed him off. He was run over by a car. I myself didn't know him very well. But I did speak with him while smoking the weed I purchased after the beer fest in Colorado not too long ago.

December 8, 2013 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. Peace ☮

Is your fave song by Jackal (sp) by any chance?

December 6, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. you are stupid

Your penis = 8=>, not 8======>.

December 8, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. @ you are stupid

He don't have red rockets like u do thou. Bwahahaha dog breath sh!t posting azz.

December 8, 2013 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Keebler elf

Somebody broke into my house last night and filled all 9 pairs of my shoes with sh!t. Now I'm stuck at home today with nothing to wear on my feet.

December 9, 2013 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |