Temporary vegan Jay Z is offering some clarity on his musical catalog.
Over on his website, Life + Times, the 44-year-old rapper has ranked his 12 albums in a post titled "The Scoreboard." We can only assume that since the first album's description is labeled as "classic" and the last album listed asks for the reader's forgiveness, these are ranked according to his preference.
Of course, Jay has been in the business long enough to not only have retired from music but return to it again, and his fans love to debate which version of the prolific artist put out the best music. How does your personal list compare to his?
1. "Reasonable Doubt" (Classic)
2. "The Blueprint" (Classic)
3. "The Black Album" (Classic)
4. "Vol. 2" (Classic)
5. "American Gangster" (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. "Magna Carta" (F***wit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. "Vol. 1" (Sunshine kills this album ... Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me ...)
8. "BP3" (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. "Dynasty" (Intro alone…)
10. "Vol. 3" (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. "BP2" (Too many songs. F*****g Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. "Kingdom Come" (First game back, don’t shoot me)
Surrounded by media consultants and image-makers, this barely-reformed crack dealer can just not get away from being F U G L Y.
Helen? Can you afford media consults and image-makers to mask your physical deformities? Or, like your moral ugliness, do you just choose to flaunt it?
i wish you would put the release date. i don't know the names of the albums but remember time periods. i guess ill look each one up.
Egotistical-ass Kanye, on the other hand, would only be able to rank his own albums on a scale of 'best to best.'
A truer statement has never been said on a CNN entertainment comment feed.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,743 other followers