Britney Spears takes Vegas
December 4th, 2013

Britney Spears takes Vegas

When Britney Spears pulls into Las Vegas, she shuts it down - at least, momentarily.

On Tuesday, the 32-year-old kicked off her two-year residency at Sin City's Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino with an eye-catching party that briefly paused activity on one block of the Strip, Billboard reports.

According to the Las Vegas Sun, Spears arrived in a 1958 white Chevy Impala convertible, and was greeted by fans who began lining up for her appearance at 6 a.m.

The singer was also welcomed with a gang of dancers, contortionists and acrobats outside of Planet Hollywood, which will boast Spears' "Piece of Me" show starting December 27.

“I already feel like (I'm at) home here at Planet Hollywood,” Spears told the crowd. “It’s so nice to celebrate with this incredible welcome. I’m so excited for everyone to experience the new show."

The singer, who just celebrated her birthday on Monday and a new album release on Tuesday with "Britney Jean," is now tasked with rehearsing for her Vegas debut. She's slated to perform 50 shows through 2014 and 2015, and will begin preparing on stage December 10.

"We're about to next week do two run-throughs a day," Spears told Ryan Seacrest December 2. "There's a lot of different interesting aspects to the show ... there's of course magic stuff that goes on in the show, and there's a lot of sections where we make the audience feel like they're actually in the show with us. It's cool special effects that we do with that. It's just fun, it's a lot of fun. It's the most dancing I've ever done before in a show, in my whole life."

Filed under: Britney Spears • Celebrities • Music

1. Fran

Is she incorporating fire dancers and contortionists into her show, or was that just for the welcome party?

December 11, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Clete

I am glad she took Las Vegas. I'll take Manhattan, the bronx and Staten Island too.....

December 8, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Britney Spears shows off sparkler in Vegas

Trolls and hackers on that other Britney thread.

December 6, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Monty H

lordy, I wouldn't go across the street to hear her sing for free, but oh how I would love to have a " piece of her"!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 6, 2013 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Good work, Troll Buster

This thread was a mess yesterday. Fun times, Juut. LOL

December 5, 2013 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Juut

I know, I know. I shouldn't feed those nasty little buggers but it was a slow day and I especially dislike that one whiny troll. It was fun getting her riled up. My apologies for making your job more difficult.

December 5, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • troll buster

Sorry I got here so late last night. The trolls have been very busy lately. They are all back under their bridges now. I'm sure they will be rearing their ugly heads soon, though. My job is never done.
      This is to Juut- I understand your frustration, but you are feeding the troll. The #1 rule on the Marquee is never to feed the troll. Although, you had some pretty good comments that made me lol.

December 5, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |