Justin Bieber really doesn't give a....
November 21st, 2013

Justin Bieber really doesn't give a....

It's not that Justin Bieber doesn't hear his critics - it's just that he doesn't care.

"I don't give a f***," Bieber plaintively tells The Hollywood Reporter in its November 29 issue, joining a chorus that's currently being led by his pal, Miley Cyrus. "Not 'I don't give a f***' to just be reckless and do whatever, but 'I don't give a f*** what they say.'"

At 19 years of age, the teen pop star who's grown up in the spotlight assures THR that he knows precisely "who I am and what I'm doing in my life and what I've accomplished and continue to accomplish as a performer, as a writer, as an artist, as a person, as a human being. I'm happy with the man I'm becoming."

It's obvious to anyone who's given his recent songs half a listen that Bieber has taken a sharp and intentional turn toward R&B-territory, making it no surprise that he aspires to cultivate "a modern Boyz II Men sound."

"I'm very influenced by black culture, but I don't think of it as black or white," Biebs says. "It's not me trying to act or pose in a certain way. It's a lifestyle - like a suaveness or a swag, per se. But I don't really like to say the word ['swag'] anymore. It's kind of played out."

To that end, Bieber no longer seems to have a "swagger" coach, but he does still have a number of very famous - and pretty worried - mentors.

This year has been nothing but one unfortunate and/or ridiculous incident after another, and celebs like Oprah Winfrey, Adam Levine, Mark Wahlberg and Eminem have reached out to Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, offering to talk with the 19-year-old. To hear Braun tell it, even Drake has stepped into the role of an older sibling.

"He'll text me, like, 'What the hell is going with this? I'm pissed,'" Braun recounts to THR. "'I'm calling him right now. I'm about to go in on him.' Drake is like a big brother to Justin. And Justin really looks up to Drake. They have an extremely special relationship."

But it turns out it's actor Will Smith, whose younger son Jaden is a friend of Bieber's, that mentors the singer on a weekly basis.

"He's telling me: 'Justin's got to go through it. You can't stop him from going through it,'" Braun says of Smith. "'That's youth in itself. He's a young man who's growing up, and that's what makes him interesting and relatable. Otherwise, he'd be some kind of weird robot.'"

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Bieber • Music

1. UhOhBiebs

Is he on drugs? It's a valid concern. Many young stars turn to drugs because they don't know how to handle becoming famous. No one is born knowing that info.

December 31, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. beaverfever

bieber has a beaver

December 18, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MayHipReview

selena doesn't have a sxy bone in her body.

December 4, 2013 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. MayHipReview

selena doesn't a sxy bone in her body.

December 4, 2013 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. Born Again & Again & Again

Whoever punches Bieber in the face will surely have the fame and my respect.

December 4, 2013 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Pam

Bieber….do you have any idea how foolish you sound? I bet your mom is real proud of you right now…NOT. Grow up and get over yourself.

November 30, 2013 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. tlcc50

More a whiny no talent brat than a man. He is going to learn the hard ay and has a BIG fall coming.

November 29, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Chaz Pinna SuperChaz

I dont see the big deal about this uneducated kid.
    Lost, used by his parents, pushed to be urbancool, but still look like a little girl.
    More weddings....More divorces
    More parents.... more lost children.
    more match. dot. com.... more cheatting

November 29, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  9. Daniel

He's still a little boy to me.

November 28, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rita daniel

you don't have to go crazy becos you don't want to look like wired robot, common guy stand up show the difference don't allow your youthful vibrant take you off track learn from people that are above you don't copy, be yourself and do the right thing so that you will look unique ,and exceptional you are a sweet looking guy don't spoil your self becos you don't give a f***k wat ppl thinks does dat complain are your true fan and will want to see you shine mor5e than what you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 28, 2013 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Please, for the love of your fellow man, go back to school and learn how to write.

November 28, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lovely Rita

Sweetie...English isn't your first language, is it? You need some schooling.

November 28, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Max

You have to be a man to be proud of yourself for becoming one.

November 27, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RCDC

I taught he said, sheman...

November 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. blakenaustin

A young, arrogant, narcissistic fool. A flash in the pan that will wind up a loser in life.

November 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ruth

Pls u people shld leave he 4 once, wat is wrong wit people

November 27, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Max Headroom

So that's where my sunglasses went. C'mere, you little punk...

November 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. bieber not

When do you think he will come out of the closet

November 27, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • joanna

HE"LL come out when the fame talent and money runs out. Which will be soon.

November 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. *_*

Get a real job, join the military, or maybe even show up to your own events on time, contribute your earnings to a charitable cause then maybe you can be a 1/4 of a man. As of now you’re just a waste of matter.

November 27, 2013 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. Alvarez

I'd like to squat over his face and deposit a large steaming corn infused poop squarely upon his forehead.

November 27, 2013 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. joanna

I wonder if he has hair on his balls? I'm just saying!

November 26, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • curt

I'm not so sure he even has balls. Take away his body guards a little girlie could kick the snot out of him.. What a wuss!!

November 26, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kathy

Did he really refer to himself a "MAN"!

November 25, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Winfrey

He gets advice from Will Smith!?...the guy with the son who wears Hammer pants in every color and dates a kartrashian, and an 11-year old daughter with the blond...no pink...no orange...no shaved off head....yeah Will's the perfect person to tell Biebs how to behave. LOL

November 25, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Star

It doesn't matter what kind of clothes Will Smith's kids wear. It is who they are inside. You don't see his kids acting a fool or getting into trouble just to stay in the headlines.

November 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deja

Shut up because Jayden smith does not wear god damn hammer pants

December 3, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Pablo695

"I don't give a f***," Bieber plaintively tells the world. That's good, Mr Little Butt-Boy Beliber, because most of us don't give a "f***" about you. Enjoy your 10 minutes as Usher keeps riding you to the bank, bent over the table like the mediocre no talent step child that you are.

November 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dangling Hangdown

The Biebs doesn't have one.

November 25, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mary

He needs to wipe the dirt off his upper lip. Pre-pube little tw*t.

November 25, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • curt

That's not dirt... He's been eating ass again. or kissing it. The promoters will drop him after a short time.

November 26, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Canuck in VA

What happened to the respectful, Canadian young man? We just are not use to seeing our young talent act so disrespectly and badly. Justin needs to pull up his socks and remember where he was raised. Bad behaviour is not accepted any where. What he has now could all melt away because of the crap he is doing. Grow up and start acting like the grownup that you want to be. Maybe then the world will start treating you like a grownup instead of a whiney, little boy.

November 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. toosliq

Man – not.

November 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. cajr

I remember when vanilla ice acted the same way trying to be ghetto, he was ran out of town. where is suge knight when you need him to dangle this punk off of a balcony??

November 25, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  28. Meh

Limber up your burger flipping arm eh, you're going to need it before long

November 25, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Landru

Man I hope your right. I hope this kid sneaks off somewhere without his protection and talks trash to the wrong dude.

November 25, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Cuthbert Donkledingle

A man. LOL! That's rich!

November 25, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  30. Hot Carl

Growing up to be a fine young woman.

November 25, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  31. Carolyn

Well I guess he can keep saying it to himself as he grows older and is no longer popular. Yes he will probably still have money but his type is one who demands attention and losing that will be hard on him. Then he can resort to attention getting devices like Kim, Kanye and Miley for a while.

November 25, 2013 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  32. A Sapphire?

What the heck was that?

November 25, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  33. Joe from CT, not Lieberman

Someone needs to wash that little girl's mouth out with soap.

November 25, 2013 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  34. Doc Johnnie

Brilliant way to respect the people who pay for his entire life.

November 25, 2013 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  35. NOYB4EVER!!!

Next he will come flaming out of the closet...

November 25, 2013 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  36. 1rdd

This kid just cracks me up. He weighs about 135 lbs and acts like he's the toughest person in town. I guess everyone can ACT tough when they have bodyguards to 'help keep me back'.

November 24, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. JGN

All 19 year old boys think they are men. I have to say, though, since we use them for cannon fodder in our almost endless wars they do have a point. Their brains may not have caught up yet and often never do, but in all other ways they are men, albeit with quite short life spans in a lot of cases.

November 24, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • AF

That's an excellent point. I think Beiber is a tool, but I also think he's getting exactly what he wants: everyone talking about him. He's going down the "any publicity is good publicity" road, so any contrived, "weird" behavior he can think up is what's happening.

Hey, give most 19 year olds that kind of money and attention and many of them would be no better. I'm certainly not defending him, I just think his whole MO is pretty transparent. In 5 years when his terrible music is no longer selling he'll be trying his silly stunts just to get mentioned in the news, it's just that people won't care anymore.

November 25, 2013 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  38. gwats1957

He's calling himself a man? When did this happen? Just a rich punk with money to me!

November 24, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ambsteve

And, by "man" he means "woman"...in the long run he's not going to be of any significance whatsoever and he really could have had it all. What a shame Bieber.

November 23, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jane

Bieber is a twit.

November 23, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • joanna

he's more like a snivilling, little snot nose brat. He's so over!

November 27, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. PICK

A man ??? Really Bieber calls himself a man......he's still a young brat and needs some guidance from a real man. Hope he's enjoyed his ride cause I predict it will be fizzing out real soon.......

November 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tim

Great, now my kids need a new baby sitter

November 23, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Clete

"I'm happy with the man am becoming. A spoiled, egocentrice POS."

November 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. tom

Hey...guess what Justin, ya little he/she? The rest of the doesn't give a f*%k about you either. You will be joining Lohan, Charlie Sheen and all those other pathetic losers in rehab and on a downward spiral very soon.

November 23, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  45. Justin Bieber...

still wears a training bra.

November 22, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ferd Turgeson

Punk needs to get himself a girlfriend. At the very least, a steady diet of p*ssy might calm his wild azz down. Another bonus is that all of us haters will be able to refer to her as Justin's Beaver.

November 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  47. D

My dog, Rex, likes to eat shiit and garbage, howl off key at inappropriate times, growl and bark at children and f–k the neighbor's cats. So I renamed him Bieber.

November 22, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Areebah

all you stupid ass people sound so dumb right now. But he is not wearing froot of the loom he wears Calvin Klien. Look at you, all you have nothing better to do then hate on a superstar!!!!!!! he out there makin millions you in here tryin to get a gurl!!!! idiots

November 22, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  49. m.

Bieber and Cyrus ... Utterly depraved. It's only a matter of time until their bodies are found in a cheap hotel room, a la Janis Joplin ... and the world will be better off.

November 22, 2013 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ariella

I love Justin Bieber but there's just one little thing.I don't like Miley Cyrus and I can't believe she's one of Justin's friends.But anyways Justin is an amazing kid and he's the best.Justin Bieber's my cute boyfriend and he's doing a great job.I love everything about him. :) I'll always Believe and I'm the huggest belieber.

November 21, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ExecutionQueen

*scoffs* Wow. Another ignorant and pathetic human being. Get your head out of the clouds and plant your feet firmly on the ground.

November 21, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Creepy old guy

Ariella, you name makes me think of 'areola' which makes me think of n!pples and B( o )( o )BIES. Then I get all hot and bothered.

November 22, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

How old are you, 13?

November 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Chad

I don't know where it is that Biebs buys his clothes, but wherever it is he should ask if they also sell clothes for men.

November 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. palintwit

Engineers have excitedly announced that the prestigous Sarah Palin Galactic Observatory/ Bait Shop will be back on line and operational at the end of this month. Repair crews have been working around the clock for almost 6 months to remove the crusty build-up of John McCain's soiled grampy diapers that somehow got into and clogged the machinery. Sarah Palin herself has called it a great leap forward for mankind !

November 21, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |