Kanye West talks design at Harvard
November 18th, 2013

Kanye West talks design at Harvard

His debut album may have been title "The College Dropout," but Kanye West recently dropped in instead.

The rapper stopped by Harvard Graduate School of Design to share some words about everything from design to creativity. He spoke as part of the as part of the "DONDA Design Lecture" series and based on the video, students were pretty thrilled to have the superstar in their midst.

"I just wanted to tell you guys I really do believe the world can be saved by design," he said. "If I sit down and talk to Oprah for two hours, the conversation is about realization, self-realization and seeing your creativity happen in front of you."

It's no secret that West loves design (he's had his own fashion line) so it was no big stretch for him to speak to a room full of design folks. He garnered even more good will by offering free concert tickets to everyone along with his words of wisdom.

West said he was inspired to be there and noted that he believes "that utopia is actually possible" even though "we're led by the least noble, the least dignified, the least tasteful, the dumbest, and the most political. "

"So in no way am I a politician–I’m usually at my best politically incorrect and very direct," he said. "I really appreciate you guys' willingness to learn and hone your craft, and not be lazy about creation."

The rapper is currently on the road with his Yezzus concert tour.

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West

1. you've got to be kidding me

THAT.WAS.TERRIBLE. The song made no sense; the "uh-huh honey" part was distracting; the video didn't even go with the song. Who actually thought this was a good idea??? I don't even understand the fake motorcycle ride with a fake background.

November 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. namkoS

The other day I bent over naked in front of a mirror to see what my a–hole looks like, and I could have sworn Kanye West was looking back at me.

November 20, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Big Shiz

Kanye my hero. I like Kanye music. McDonald's good.

November 20, 2013 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sokman

I've always been jealous of the length and girth of the average black man's penis, especially since mine measures less than 5 inches at full attention. So congrats, Kanye, on your wonderful penis. I wish I could touch it.

November 20, 2013 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Shaneeka

He looks like a grumpy ape from national geographic. With a big swollen melon. Grumpy ape.

November 19, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sokman

Usually after taking a dump, I like to take a whiff of the hand that did the wiping – sniff the fingers that held the cleansing tissue. I just love that faint, fecal odor. So many memories...

November 19, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • White Dude

It depends on what type of cra cker you're calling me. For example, if someone says 'You filthy Cheese-It" cra cker, then I don't care. But, if they call me a 'stupid Chicken In A Biskit cra cker, then they're gonna lose some teeth.

November 19, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • ed

Me & my friends have started greeting each other with "What's up, my cracka?" If you can't beat em, join 'em. Peace, out.

November 19, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Peace ☮

(bubble above his head) "I am smiling"

November 18, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ned Flanders

Apparently he just saw Kim without makeup for the first time.

November 18, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Elwood Smoot

Caption the photo above:
    "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
    "No, we didn't make a second tape."

November 18, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Yale

The Harvard students were thrilled to have Kanye in their midst. A Harvard degree is more a curse than status symbol. The Dean of Admissions has succeeded in turning it into an ivy league freak show, go straight from graduation to Occupy Wall Street.

November 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Waldo

Kanye guest lecturing at Harvard? I almost busted a blood vessel, never heard anything so hilarious.

November 18, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean

I know, right? I'm still laughing and choking on my orange juice!

November 19, 2013 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kim Kardashian

At the risk of sounding stupid - when college types talk about someone getting or being magna kum laude, is that anything like bukkake ?

November 18, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brax

Too bad Harvard doesn't offer a class called Egotistical A**, as Kanye would have had a lot to share with those students.

November 18, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Why does he always look mad?

Is it cuz he has to put up with Kim?

November 18, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

He just realized he actually has no talent.

November 18, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ferererer

That's the face of someone who just caught a whiff of a fresh piece of sh!t. Which pretty much describes Kanye's "art" and the people around him: fresh pieces of sh!t.

November 18, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sigmund Freud

He always looks mad because at his core he's a savache removed from the jungle, but animal tendancies still control his impulses. His little afro can cranium can't control them. But if he attempts to victimize anyone he'll get is a z z beaten. So he can't act on his impulses. Result: Anger.

November 20, 2013 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Carl Jung

Wow, I never pegged you for a racist, Siggy, but it makes sense considering how many Nazis came from your neck of the woods. Have you managed to work through your issues of penis-envy?

November 20, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. Big Shiz

The real Big Shiz don't give a fuk

November 19, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Are you giving your daily bj still?

There's a line of at least 50 homeless guys waiting for your daily kum guzzle, hoe bag.

November 19, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |