Terrence Howard forced from 'Iron Man' and more news to note
November 15th, 2013

Terrence Howard forced from 'Iron Man' and more news to note

You may not want to talk to Terrence Howard about his time on the "Iron Man" set. While promoting his new film "The Best Man Holiday," the actor said during an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" that he was pushed out of his role as James Rhodes, which subsequently went to Don Cheadle. “The person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to re-up for the second one, took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out,” he said. Wonder how Robert Downey Jr. feels about that [EW]

• Hear that sound? It's the sound of cash rolling in for FXX who reportedly just landed a deal to become the cable destination for "The Simpsons" [Hollywood Reporter]
  • Speaking of making it rain, word is Drake and Rihanna dropped a collective $17K recently at a Houston strip club. Why is there no Vine of this?!?! [E!]
  • Has "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" become the new "SNL" launching careers in comedy? At least one writer thinks the idea is worthy of debate [Variety]
  • Millions of fans may be watching Demi Lovato on "X Factor" but after surviving an eating disorder, she can't watch herself on the small screen. [People]
  • Ashley Judd's estranged husband, Dario Franchitti, is on the mend from his bad accident, but has announced that he is retiring from race car driving [Dario Franchitti's Twitter]

Filed under: While you were working

« Previous entry
  1. gahh

Howard is a much better actor than Cheadle. Made no sense to replace Howard.

November 27, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. STY

Terrence, thanks for the news from 2009. Now go back to your coma.

November 19, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. palintwit

Rather than send food and water to the Philippines, Sarah Palin has decided to send the many thousands of unsold copies of her daughter Bristol's book. She thinks that even if people are starving to death they will still enjoy the memoirs of a drunk, pregnant teenager.

November 18, 2013 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ed

Rather than let their children watch Barney and Sesame Street, Mr. & Mrs. Palintwit made their son listen to NPR and read Saul Elinsky. You can see the result. What a sad case of child abuse. The floor thing cannot think for himself.

November 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Sarah Palin supporters are the very definition of low information voters. They watch Fox, a proven source of misinformation. Studies show Fox watchers think they are well informed but are really factually deficient.

November 18, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah Palin = walking punchline

She's a joke, as are her supporters

November 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guido Sarducci

Give it a rest. This is the ENTERTAINMENT blog. Take your political crappola over to the POLITICAL blog.

November 18, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

OMG, palintwit is more of a twit than Sarah Palin herself.LMFAO he thinks about Bristol all the time. What a per. Eeeeewwwwww!

November 19, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

Perv.

November 19, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Pippi Detman

Ah, Guido, don't you know, Sarah Palin IS entertainment... she makes us laugh, she makes us cry.

November 19, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peace ☮

Here's one for the girls. (a friend sent this to me. Lol!)
    Why men are not allowed to take messages. "Someone from the gyna colleges called and said the pabst beer is normal. Didn't even know you liked beer".
    :o

November 18, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Luther

Another over inflated Hollywood ego self-absorbed narcissist who overestimated his acting abilities and marketability. You're fired! Next token black sidekick, start auditioning!

November 17, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Harry

He wanted to get 20 million for a supporting role. No one gets paid 20 million to a side act. That goes to lead. His head is to big for his real talent.

November 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. This blog has gone to the dogs

WOOF!

November 16, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. iwannatalk2

I personally didn't like that they replaced Terrence with Don Cheadle. No offence to Cheadle but I liked the dynamic between him & Downey more- not so much with Cheadle. They knew that the 2nd IronMan was gonna be huge & if it's true Downey should have left it. What's $12-14 mil between friends when you have a BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE in your pocket??!!! Stupid studios. Terrence was better in this character. Imagine if they replaced Judd Law in Sherlock Holmes with what's the dude from 007 – Daniel?! Daniel Craig? He's good, but different. It would be different. I wish they would have stuck with Terrence.

November 16, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just saying!

Wow! you've must of seen something completely different than the rest of us. Terrance was horrible for this part! They replaced him with a better actor and someone who fits the part better. Maybe your just a Terrance fan and only see what you want to see. Obviously, for me, I don't get him as an actor. He plays the same character in all his movies and that spells B-O-R-I-N-G to me. I guess to each his own!

November 26, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tea Party Patriot

A growing number of us are convinced that Sarah Palin is the only one who can heal and re-unify our country. But first she must return to her motorhome and resume her cross country tour. She will have to visit cities both large and small, being careful to speak only to real Americans, dispensing her sage advice and folksy, homespun common sense solutions. We can be a great nation again if we all follow the "Palin Path".

November 16, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Allison

Best effort at sarcasm? Frankly, your idea is very appealing compared to the alternate – three more years of the present !d!ot remaining. The economy is destroyed, the military is destroyed, we are all spied upon, every week is a new crisis and he is seizing power like Lenin or Castro in a totalitarian sozialist takeover – are you still going to pretend he was a good choice?

November 16, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Bertrand

Allison, provide us a list of all the 'power' he has seized since he's been in office.

November 16, 2013 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • @Allison

What are talking about? Economy is better than when Bush left. Last I checked, the military is doing just fine. The spying on folks started under Bush. And like Bertrand said, what power has he seized? I would never post a political agenda comment on an entertainment blog, but when you read something as stupid as your comment, I just had to.
      To Palintwit- we get you hate the Palin's and the tea party. Don't you realize that you bring out the crazies? Could you just post on topic for a change? It would probably bring an end to the political crap. Just a suggestion.

November 16, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

I don't care. I hate Sarah Palin more than the tea-baggers hate Hillary. But I really, really want Bristol to sit on my face!

November 16, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

fake palintwit @ 3:08 pm.

November 18, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. troll buster

Will those idiot trolls ever learn? It is my pleasure to make them disappear. I'll be lurking. lol

November 15, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • bite me

Bite me

November 16, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
    • No, YOU can bite ME, @Bite Me

Troll.

November 16, 2013 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • troll buster

lol ! Bite me is the best you got? Nah, deleting your troll comments off the blog is way more satisfying. I'm going to leave yours, though, just because it was just so scary and intimidating. lmao

November 16, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • zxcve

Oh my you are so smart. All fear the power of troll buster, first transgender member of the blog police.

November 16, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • FK off Hot Carl

November 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • troll buster

@zxcve- If you are trying to get me mad, it will take more than that to do it, but thanks for taking the time and considerable thought that you obviously put into that comment. I would also like to tell you, if you think I'm the only one on this blog taking the trolls off, think again. I can stop anytime, if everyone wants me to. Let's see, read the comments with all the crap, or read the comments that people actually put some thought in. Hey, just let me know. I will stop.

November 16, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ignore that dbag, T.B.

It's just a troll of a different stripe. One of the hate monger, antagonistic bigot trolls

November 16, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • no, just a troublemaker

Out to stir up some sh!t. Which I did.

November 16, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • troll buster

Lol. Dude, exactly what sh!t did you stir up? I don't give a flyin flip what you say. I think somebody takes this crap too seriously. I got over name calling in elementary school. If it makes you happy, though, have at it. Now, back to my football game.

November 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • yeah right

Got you riled up. Yep. Fail.

November 16, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Hmmm, not seeing that riling thing going on. Who failed?

November 16, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trubb L. Maker

If you didn't care, why respond? And so wordy. Obviously struck a nerve.

November 16, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trubb L. Maker = Butt Pirate

A regular bukkakeneer..

November 16, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

Am I reading the same comments as you, TLM? Cause I just don't see anyone getting all bent out of shape, as you claim. Trolls live in their own little dream world, I guess. And being a troll, I'll bet you have a witty response. Bwahahahaha

November 16, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name

And another nitwit chimes in, showing how much they don't care. Fail. Again. If you feed the trolls, they never leave. You're all idiots.

November 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • azz holes d ick sucking each other tiny d icks trolls.

Suck ur little willies trolls

November 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jealous, aren't you?

Awww, little baby troll is lonely. It's past your bedtime. Knock it off.

November 16, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • ^ lmao ^

'

November 16, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Say goodnight trolls

Give it a rest. Tomorrow you can all go fk yourselves.

November 15, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chatt_michael

Maybe he is forgetting that he told several outlets that he wasn't sure about whether he would do the sequel because he'd like to focus on his music. I recall after hearing it a third or forth time that he was obviously trying to push his paycheck. I was thinking, what an idiot, does he not realize he could be replaced by a ton of talented people who can do at least the quality of work he did. Don't get greedy when your the least talented person on the cast.

The only thing worse than talking your way out of a job is talking your way out of the industry or maybe into Movies made for Syfy. Someone needs to tell him that it's not a good career move to trash talk megastars or industry powers that be. He screwed himself and personally I'd say anything Downey got paid could have been more and been worth it.

Downey made the movie, Mr. Howell made all the tear pools after it was a huge success and after he negotiated through the media.

November 15, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jared

You ever think that maybe he just didn't want to say what really happened?

November 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harry

He wanted 20 million for doing the second Iron Man. Which the only actor to get offered that was Downey. Not even the other actors got that much.

November 16, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Urrrrrrm..

It's H-O-W-A-R-D, imbecile.

November 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. GaryGuillermo

I didn't really care for the "black" ironman. I don't know where that came from. Now a "hot" ironwoman I could go for.

November 15, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ※Sadie※

Rihanna and Drake? What happened to Chris Brown? That must have been some gentleman's club to blow $17000 in one night. Blaze, the lead strip per at the Vicious Vixens Agency, made $10000 by herself. Bv, you have an agency that we didn't know about? lol... (I'm just kidding with ya!) Happy weekend everybody!

November 15, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Lol @Sadie

November 15, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Hey BV! How ya doing? Been a while. I couldn't believe that when I read it. It made me chuckle. I figured you'd get a laugh out of it, too. Have a good weekend!

November 16, 2013 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Yeah, I thought that was funny as well. Have a great weekend as well. Don't work too hard :)
      L8tr

November 16, 2013 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey ya girls! What cracked me up was that RhiRhi spent $5000. at a gentlemans club & was smacking a girls behind! Wth? Lol!
      How was everyone's w/e?

November 18, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. You have no clue what you're talking about or to whom

As usual, FKing idiot troll.

November 15, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. You are trolls, and trolls are not good people

And I don't have a galaxy phone.

November 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. zxcve

Boo Fu#%ing Hoo.

November 16, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. shut up tracie!

November 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. W. Ow

Uh, nice try, name-swiping troll. Anyone with half a brain can tell a real tracie post from a fake one.

November 17, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. You're just plain nasty

November 18, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  21. Nameless whiny troll

I once blew 50 homeless guys. I like the taste of greasy unwashed dik.

November 18, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |