Hold up Mariah, Harry Connick Jr. disagrees
November 15th, 2013

Hold up Mariah, Harry Connick Jr. disagrees

You were wrong, Mariah Carey.

That is essentially the message new "American Idol" judge Harry Connick Jr. had for Carey, who has not had great things to say about her former employer. While appearing recently on New York Radio station Hot 97 Carey said of her time judging last season "Honestly, I hated it" and refered to the gig as hell.

Au contraire, says Connick Jr., who this season will join Keith Urban and returning judge Jennifer Lopez at the "Idol" table. He tweeted “@MariahCarey – Must’ve been hard to judge in hell. Idol XIII: Welcome to heaven!”

But lest you believe the superstar pair have beef, Connick Jr. tweeted that he has nothing but love for Carey.

1. L.Cherry

I wish everybody would quit talking about how bad Nikki was. She wasn't great but Mariah was AWFUL!!! This has nothing to do with their music. I love rap but never cared for Nikki until I saw how she related to the idol contestants. I LOVE Mariah's music but she never had anything to say other than some air head like comments.Yes Nikki and Mariah clashed but believe me it was because the producers wanted it to happen. You don't put two divas together and expect it to be all lovey dovey. THe conflict had people tuning in and that's what they wanted....GIve Nikki a break!!! IJS

November 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. M.A.P.

Keith Urbame is lamely lame LAME! And is probably secretly a broom with a mask and wig on (rumor I heard).

November 16, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. iwannatalk2

Harry should leave it alone, dude- leave it alone. Anybody with a pair of eyes could see that Nicki M was just so freakin disrespectful it was ridiculous. That panel was comprised of folks with many years and seasons in the music industry. Nicki can hate it all she wants but the fact is that Mariah is and was one of the biggest female vocalists in the world. You are not in the same league with Mariah – go sit down. Respect her for her accomplishments and Randy & Keith too- take in the moment and do your job. But she came in like SHE was in charge of them! These people have lived life a little bit longer than you honey and still makin' paper. Hope you are too 10-15 or 25 years LATER...... I do not see Nicki with substance and staying power like Mary J, Queen Latifah, or other talented Black artists still doing what they do.

November 16, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Harry Ballsack, Jr.

Is a much better singer.

November 16, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. connick

Is so hot when hes busy

November 16, 2013 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. I love that singer.

No matter who he is.

November 15, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. be quiet

Duh, she was obviously referring to having to deal with Nikki Minaj.

November 15, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol Gillespie

I TOTALLY AGREE! NIKKI MINAJ WAS JUST AWFUL TO HER..I COULD HARDLY WATCH THE SHOW AS NIKKI RUINED THAT SEASON NOT JUST FOR MIRAH BUT FOR EVERYONE... I REALLY FELT BAD FOR THE CONTESTANTS AS WELL..

November 16, 2013 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus, Carol...

Do you have to YELL LIKE THAT?

November 16, 2013 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Lol @Jesus, Carol!

November 18, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. palintwit

Sarah Palin said on Fox News that she will be personally help to organize relief efforts in the Philippines as soon as she learns how to spell it.

November 15, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |