Justin Bieber apologizes to Argentina
November 14th, 2013

Justin Bieber apologizes to Argentina

Justin Bieber's trek through South America has taken another scandalous turn.

After allegations of brothels in Brazil and food poisoning in Argentina, he's now been accused of disrespecting the Argentinian flag during one of his concerts in the country.

In a video from Bieber's November 9 performance, the singer appears to use his feet and his micstand to kick and sweep away two flags that had been thrown on stage.

After receiving criticism from his fans in the country, Bieber turned to Twitter on November 13 to issue an apology. According to the 19-year-old, he thought he'd been pushing clothing - possibly a bra, or maybe a shirt - off the stage rather than a flag.

"Heard about what is going on with me down in Argentina and im shocked. I love Argentina and have had some of the best shows of my tour there," Bieber tweeted. "people throw stuff on my stage all show and i get it to the stage hands to get off so no one got hurt. that video i saw a bra and thought it was a shirt. Im being told by my team it was a shirt but even if it was a flag I would never do anything to disrespect Argentina."

While he's not a fan of having to defend himself, Biebes believes this is one controversy that he did need to speak on.

"Im so sorry for anyone who took my actions the wrong way and I hope you can forgive this mistake," he tweeted. "To the people of Argentina ... I hope u can accept this. I loved my time there performing for you and look forward to coming back. I gave my all and I know the fans did there too. (T)e amo."

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Bieber • Music

1. Chuck

I have to side with Bieber on this one. Things do get thrown onto the stage all the time, and performers can't just stop what they're doing to inspect every item before removing it from where it could be a potential danger to the performer(s). If Argentinians are so concerned about disrespect for their flag, they should direct this concern to the moron who threw the flag onstage in the first place. Deliberately throwing a flag onto the floor is a pretty big sign of disrespect as it is.

November 21, 2013 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. kathy

What a load of crap...thought it was a bra? He is running out of even the most unimaginable excuses for his bad behavior and even worse choices. He needs to go away now...does the name Lindsay Lohan mean anything to you?

November 18, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. M.A.P.

Great, now he just needs to apologize to the rest of the world for existing.

November 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joanne

Why doesn't he and Miley get together to see how they can out-gross each other!

November 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flarge

I know, right? They could bend over, lick each other's a**hole and see who gathers the most smegma.

November 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Yana

The fact this is called a scandal at all is ridiculous. He quite obviously didn't mean any offence. In fact, it's more the person who threw the flags or T-shirts disrespected their own country's flags far more.

This is just yet more sheep-like 'Lets hate Bieber' crap.

November 15, 2013 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. tyuiop

Maybe some group of rebels can kidnap him, take him to the Amazon and feed the starving piranhas.

November 15, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. V¡xen

Oh, who f <k cares. They can take their flag and stick it up their a55es.

November 14, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

So unnecessarily angry and disrespectful. No wonder so many foreigners hate us. I know, I know, you don't care. But that's because you're an ignorant, myopic jerk who doesn't understand the concept of a global community and still thinks we live in the 19th, or even 20th century.

November 15, 2013 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Oh forgive me oh wise one. Did you ever think that he shoved it out of his way so he won't break his friggin neck if he slipped on the flags. I'm not a fan of his, but the idiots didn't think that something like that could have happened.

November 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Techno Viking

When will he apologize to the rest of the world?

November 14, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hot Carl

Can't wait until he gets caught using a glory hole at a NJ Turnpike rest stop.

November 14, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • asdfg

That must be where you and palintwit hang out. I heard he wears out a pair of kneepads every month!

November 15, 2013 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. derp

That little twink has had more pipe inserted in him than the entire New York City water system.

November 14, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cnnlicksit

Nice red boots feyg.

November 14, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. namkoS

I gotta bad case of Bieber fever. I need Justin to insert his rectal "thermometer" into my keister.

November 14, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joe Bagodonuts

While yer at it kid, youse need to apologize to everyone what's got ears, kapeesh? Else Guido & Vinny will fit youse with some new cement shoes.

November 14, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Clete

I'm about ready to go have my daily bowel movement......I know call it making a Bieber

November 14, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Eddie

I didn't think he knew how to do that because he has no manners.

November 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |