November 13th, 2013
06:27 PM ET
Today's talk you might've missed:
- As expected, Slim Shady's return has paid off tenfold. The Detroit rapper has a No. 1 with "The Marshall Mathers LP 2," and can also claim the second-biggest sales week of 2013. [Billboard]
- For its annual fashion show, Victoria's Secret has asked "Red" singer Taylor Swift to join the program as a performer, along with Fall Out Boy, A Great Big World and Neon Jungle. We don't really know how those acts go together, either, but we guess we'll find out when the VS fashion show airs on CBS December 10.
- Britney Spears is bursting with news today. As the singer revealed that her younger sister, Jamie Lynn, joins her on one of the tracks for her upcoming album, "Britney Jean," and it was announced that E! will air a two-hour documentary about the creation of the album, "I Am Britney Jean," on December 22. [Britney Spears' Twitter]
- Lady Gaga is in full-on promotional mode, too. The singer's new promo for her performance and hosting of "Saturday Night Live" this weekend features vomiting, meat and Kenan Thompson. You'll see:
- KatyCats, get ready to DVR the American Music Awards on November 24: Katy Perry's going to open the show, which will also feature a Celia Cruz tribute from Jennifer Lopez and a special performance from the surviving members of TLC. [The Wrap]
- Just so we're clear, Liam Hemsworth is very single, and very ready to mingle. The "Hunger Games" co-star - who's not at all bitter about his past engagement to Miley Cyrus - has said that he doesn't "have a lady at the moment," but he wouldn't mind getting to know Oprah Winfrey a little better. [Extra]
- For the record, we don't entirely trust people who say they don't like Thanksgiving food. It's delicious, it's filling, and there are usually five different kinds of pie - what's not to like? Zooey Deschanel, we've got our eyes on you.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.