Shocking elimination on 'DWTS'
November 12th, 2013

Shocking elimination on 'DWTS'

What is going on with "Dancing with the Stars" this season? We keep getting hit with eliminations that we just don't see coming.

After top performers like Christina Milian got the axe, perhaps we should've been better prepared to say good-bye to Elizabeth Berkley.

Yeah, that wasn't the case.

The "Saved By the Bell" alum was voted off the show during Monday night's episode, during which she and pro partner Val Chmerkovskiy earned a perfect 30 with their trio salsa routine and a 26 with their Viennese Waltz.

But her spicy salsa moves couldn't compensate when it came to elimination time, and Berkley was sent packing.

"I felt a little sucker punch because I was excited about next week," the 41-year-old actress told People magazine backstage. "I just feel, like, cut short a little bit – not that I feel entitled by any means. I just felt excited and grateful, that's all. Don't be sad that it's over, smile because it happened."

So what do you think - has the voting been a little off this season?

Filed under: Dancing With The Stars • television

1. Oops

I love this show...

November 21, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Frank Z.

I want a hairy little jewish princess
    With a brand new nose,who knows where it goes
    I want a steamy little jewish princess
    With overworked gums, who squeaks when she comes
    I don't want no troll
    I just want a yemenite hole

November 21, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dancing with the stars 2013

There weren't many choices left by the time Brant and Peta heard their bad news. Amber and Derek had had the highest score - 28 points - in the first round of performances and were therefore automatically safe for the night. The remaining six couples had to do a dance-off for extra points after that.

November 20, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joe

Can we please stick Derek with some old, fat, broad for a change next year? Love how every year he gets someone who's already a dancer. Enough already.

November 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sheila

I miss Anna Trebunskaya....she used to get me really moist.

November 20, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bubba

If you don't want fan voting, then don't have actors who can dance already before the show like Corbin, Elizabeth, Christina and Amber.

November 20, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Don

To settle this, why don't they show us the vote? It has nothing to do with talent.

November 16, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Tammy

While Elizabeth is a decent dancer, I have been waiting for her to go for awhile. Something about her personality just rubs me the wrong way. Glad she is gone. This year I am struggling to have a favorite.

November 15, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jazz1910

People like you are ruining this show. You are supposed to vote for the best dancer not the person you think has the best personality. Grow up jerk.

November 16, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Pablo

Get Miley Cyrus on DWTS next year. The dumbed down voters will love her.

November 15, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pablo

It's a popularity show. Not a dance contest.

November 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. T Salyards

This DWTS has gotten out of control. Fist Elizabeth Berkly should be reinstated and all public votes dis allowed. The decision should be that of the judges. No outside influence. Popularity does not mean you can dance as Mondays show clearly demonstrated.

November 14, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Robyn Ritondale

Very disappointed with the voting that cast Elizabeth off and kept Bill Engvall and Jack Osbourne. Is America that blind they can't distinguish between a really good dancer who could win the mirror ball and 2 that will never come close! SHAME ON YOU ALL WHO DIDN'T VOTE FOR ELIZABETH!

November 14, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
    • slicker

apparently Bill and Jack have more loyale fans than she does. I myself love watching those two dance.

November 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. FAX

@Agreed – you can give it up. You'll never find a bigger boob that the one you see in the mirror every morning – or a bigger ass....

November 13, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Meh

Wow...powerful journalism there...covered all the bases I see

November 13, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  15. Shelley

The show is just a popularity contest. For shame!!!!! Eliminate the audience vote and stick with the professional judges.

November 13, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • MDJB

I agree that it is a popularity contest much of the time.
      Many talented folks have gone away too soon.

November 13, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter Colonoscopi

I agree with Agreed, we want Dirty Dancing With The Naked Stars (DDWTNS). Maybe Showtime could do it! 8====>

November 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mada

Y'know, I wasn't aware that Bill Engvall had such a massive fanbase...He's fun to watch but he just isn't as good as a lot of others and it's a little jarring that he keeps getting spared.

November 13, 2013 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. s,

who cares

November 13, 2013 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. m.

To answer the question... Yes, the scoring process has gotten completely out of control. It is not talent or even potential talent that is being judged. The show has become a contest to see which celebrity has the largest fan club that will phone in and vote. It is long past time they did away with the phone vote and went strictly by the three professional judges tally.

November 13, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  19. palintwit

The producers told Bristol Palin she'd be welcome back on the show if she lost 400 lbs. first.

November 12, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Gene Dichiara

Is somebody "hacking" into their data? These eliminations are unreal. The judges must be horrified.

November 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • hacker troll

Well.... just maybe we found another way to mess with you uptight people..... the dating site spam keeps getting deleted

November 12, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |