'Glee' ratings dip, and more news to note
November 8th, 2013

'Glee' ratings dip, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• "Glee's" latest ratings are definitely nothing to sing about. The show matched its all-time low on Thursday night with just 4 million tuning in and a 1.5 in the adult demo. The last time the Fox series had those numbers, it was the day before Thanksgiving. [EW]
  • Either Jennifer Lawrence really doesn't know where her Oscar is - "it might be in Kentucky ... if not, it's gone," she reportedly said - or someone doesn't know how to properly translate Spanish. [FemaleFirst]
  • Warner Bros. is rumored to be on the hunt for a "tall, brunette, athletic and exotic" actress to be the female lead in the "Batman vs. Superman" movie. Coincidence that the description also matches that for Wonder Woman? We'll let you decide. [Variety]
  • Around the time of her 16th birthday last year, Lorde busied herself by making a Tumblr, Twitter account and Soundcloud that all bore her industry name. Now, as she celebrates her 17th birthday on November 8, she has the No. 1 song in the country. We fully expect that by her 18th birthday, she'll have taken over the world. [Lorde's Tumblr]
  • If you're even marginally geeked about Marvel's announcement that it's pairing with Netflix, you've got some studying to do. Here's what to read in anticipation of the four new shows expected to bow from the partnership. [MTV]

Filed under: While you were working

Next entry »
  1. Rock

This show sucks so much it got me off without even touching me

November 13, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Peace ☮

You tell 'em granny jones. I just ground 'em, you're meaner than me. Lol!

November 11, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Wet Panty Fingerer

Glee makes me happy.

November 11, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dick E. Normous

Love that mocha brown babe on the left.

November 11, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Capt. Obvious

Gays,
    Lesbians
    Every
    Episode

November 11, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. trigtwit palin... America's favorite tard baby

Blooorrrkkk. Pffftttsshsttt? *drool* Bleehhhhhhy slobber ihhee ffffppppssss!! *drool*

November 11, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. Charlie Crack

Sometimes, when I pleasure myself, I fantasize about that big, tubby she/male on Glee.

November 10, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Drudgery Port

The other day my kids walked in on me watching an old rerun of The Cosby Show, and immediately reported me to Tea Party Central Command. Thank God we have brought them up to know the difference between right and wrong, unlike their old man. Next week I report to regional HQ for reconditioning, as I apparently forgot that I'm not supposed to read or watch anything that disparages the white man, or that glorifies or humanizes people of lower races. God bless the Tea Party for setting my mind right.

November 10, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drudgery Port

Imagine if my good little brown shirts had walked in on me watching something like Glee, or Modern Family. I cannot even begin to fathom what my punishment for that would be. At the very least I would lose custody of my divine little angels.

November 10, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • just sayin...

You need to be tarred and feathered for coming up with such a stupid story. You are obviously a liberal weirdo poking fun at right-thinking conservatives.

November 10, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • GOPstopper

Which part was poking fun of your kind? It seemed pretty accurate to how you people think.

It's interesting that you brought up tarring and feathering. That's exactly the kind of mob justice mentality we could expect from a Tea Party government. You people seem bent on dragging civilization back to the Dark Ages.

November 10, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • @GOPStopper

Actually the tar and feathers is a traditional old school punishment reserved for flim-flam artists and snake oil salesmen that try to trick good people out of their money, kinda like what the liberals are doing with trying to tax everyone into the welfare class, fooling the people already on welfare into thinking everything will be okay if you just keep voting Dimocrat.

November 11, 2013 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Amazing

@@GopStopper Unless you are a rich person, where did your taxes go up? If you are middle class or poor, Federally, nope. State taxes-maybe. Locally, maybe. What does that have to do with the dems? You ppl are fooling yourselves, and buying the GOP's on going lie.

November 11, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • @amazing

My taxes went up, my healthcare costs have gone up, gas prices, food prices, not to mention cost of ammo going up (when you can find it) as tax money is wasted on ineffective programs that do nothing but foster more dependence on government assistance. Vote ALL the bums out and replace them with Libertarians. Shrink the government and we will be much better off.

November 11, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • @@amazing

I'm going to dissect your comment.
      My taxes went up. Yeah, which ones? Not federal taxes unless you are making tons of money.
      my healthcare costs have gone up, Healthcare costs have gone up every year in the past 10 years. Those prices are regulated by the insurance companies. They have been screwing you for years. If you make a middle class wage, I'd suggest checking into the affordable healthcare act. Yes, insurance prices are lower, if you actually investigate.
      gas prices, Set by the big oil companies, not the government, and who owns all the big oil companies?
      food prices, Set by the farming industry, not the federal government. Higher gas prices also mean higher food prices. Again, who owns big oil?
      not to mention cost of ammo going up (when you can find it) I'd say that would be the gun industry regulating ammo prices. Trying to scare you into buying more ammo is a plus for their sales, don't you think? If you can't find ammo, you are an idiot. There is no shortage.
      as tax money is wasted on ineffective programs that do nothing but foster more dependence on government assistance. Yeah, I would love to end subsidies to big oil. I would love to end subsidies to the big agri farmers. Oh but I am sure you are talking about feeding starving families. I could go on, but I'm sure this is wasted on your shallow view of America.

November 11, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • @@@amazing

My, what a pompous azz you are! Just like a lib to use fuzzy logic and misinformation to further his own warped views, and to condescendingly assume that his position is right regardless of the facts. Amazing you can type with your head so far up your rectum.

November 11, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • So conservatard

Do the facts hurt? I didn't see you come up with anything to back up your argument. You righties are the most pompous azz's out there. Remember, just because you try to hammer your misinformation out there, over and over again, doesn't make it true. Reality deals in fact, not the latest gop talking point of the day.

November 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@@amazing

Yet again you prove my point by acting as though you're superior to anyone who has an opposing viewpoint. I have no more time to waste with you today. Time to go count my gold and play a round of golf with the bank prez. Besides, don't you have to get back to washing dishes at IHOP?

November 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Weak retort ^

Fail.

November 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Fail is right, and again, nothing to back his argument.

November 11, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • granny jones

Now kids, stop this fighting or I'll make you cut your own willow switch and blister your behind for being so hateful.

November 11, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@@@@

So many @holes; so confusing!

November 12, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Ted Nugent

Not if you remember that it's one liberal bed-wetter pretending to be a lot of different people, stealing names and such.

November 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

I'm really looking forward to a little "bite-the-pillow-hide-the-sausage" tonight with this guy I met at the bus depot.

November 9, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Esta noche

¿cómo se puede determinar si un hombre es un republicano? su pene es muy pequeño y no tiene un cerebro.

November 9, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • No, no, no, fake-palintwit

Democrat = gigantic d!ck, highly evolved brain. Republican = the exact opposite. This is the undeniable truth.

November 11, 2013 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
    • good joke

How can a highly evolved brain deny the truth and logic that would naturally lead to the acceptance of conservative values? I do agree with you that most democrats, like you, are gigantic d!cks.

November 11, 2013 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Conservative values =

Hatred of anyone different; racism; h0m0phobia; zenophobia; gun worship; wealth worship; desire to convert our great republic into a Christian theocracy; anti-science; anti-education; anti-poor, etc.

November 11, 2013 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. Chocolate ex-lax Brownies

I stopped watching when all the characters turned out to be gay.

November 9, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Your aversion to s0d0my makes you a h0m0phobe, similar to rashist. Gay is the new black. Don't discriminate against my choice. Try it, you might like it.

November 9, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Yes, Chocolate – that's when I stopped watching it too. This M.A.P. blogger confuses me. How can he ask you to "try it you might like it" if they are supposed to born that way?

November 9, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |

Klansman
      M@sturbation
      Addicted
      Nazi

November 10, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • could it be...

you are way off. Not sokman or namkos. Guess again.

November 10, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

That's obviously Ellen or V!xen – the typical h0m0phobe who's never even had a gay friend. Actually with the amount of time they spend on here, i'm sure they are really quite lonely.

November 11, 2013 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Reporting in

I don't know about that map. Wasn't the vixen the one who kept calling all these women beautiful? I think she is, in the very least, bi. Maybe you could hook up?

November 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. thoughtful

They have gone too far with the student and staff member having an affair. the school nurse is a staff member.

November 9, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • desantos

Don't be such a prude living in the 1950s. Who better than a staff member to teach a maturing person about intimacy? You sound like a tea bagger yammering about biblical morality or something. Those days are gone.

November 10, 2013 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. SLA

This schlock is still on? Who knew?

November 9, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. Shamir

Glee is a gross display of western decadence soon to be gone from the earth forever. Enjoy it while it lasts. "The people said, 'Allah's Apostle! Acquaint the people with the good news.' He said, 'Paradise has one hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahidin who fight in His Cause.'"

November 9, 2013 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Reali T. Check

Allah and Mohammed are fictional characters created and idolized by evil zealots bent on destroying all that is good and decent. Your twisted eastern culture and 'religion' will soon be wiped from the earth.

November 9, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. M.A.P.

Just so you guys know, Sharknado has made it to Germany. Yes, it has been dubbed and is airing on TV this month. God bless USA.

November 9, 2013 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
    • could it be...

Most
      Arrogant
      Panty-sniffer?

November 9, 2013 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Let's you and I get nekkid, rub one another in baby oil, and sodomize each other's orifices! You can translate Sharknado for me as we agree with one another's political perspectives and fall deeply in love.

November 9, 2013 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Omg twit (fake hoe) that sounds just devine (imagine in gay voice). Deviyyyyne!
      Go eat a dried stick of dog tur-d you waste of a flush.

November 9, 2013 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • namkoS

Me sukky, me fukky, me luv you long time.

November 9, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Fake palintwit at 1:03 am and 6:09 am. It takes a certain kind of mom's basement dwelling lowlife to use someone else's screen name. I'll bet your own mom sodomizes you with one of her own, dirty crusty buttplugs.

November 9, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Thank you for a marvelous evening of ectasy, @palintwit. What you lack in size you make up for in oral abilities. Grrrr

November 9, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sokman

I have blown more black men than Hurricane Katrina.

November 9, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Fake palintwit @ 11:18, are you sure? Maybe you forgot your antipsychotic meds this morning?

November 9, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

@Sokman – You're a h0m0phobe Lisa Lamanelli fan? That's her joke.

November 11, 2013 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  16. Yan

The reason that glee is dipping,is because all the show is a round Rachel,while other people who have as much or more talents are left behind.
    If the had more stories around other people in the cast,the show would still be very popular I am sure.
    I think its time for Rachel to move on and desapear

November 8, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Time for this show to go

Honestly, nobody watches Glee anymore.

November 8, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sylv

Fans still watch glee and the first 3 episodes of season5 got above 5million.

November 8, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

It would be more enjoyable for everyone if they got Bristol and Sarah Palin to do a duet.

November 9, 2013 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • namkoS

I want to see Bristol and Sarah do a little mother/daughter, girl on girl action while Todd pleasures me orally.

November 9, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  18. Rear Admiral Ben Dover

I don't believe that man ( ^ ) has ever been in the military.

November 10, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sokman

I have to use nanotechnology in order to find my pen!s.

November 10, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |