Britney Spears' new single: 'Perfume'
November 4th, 2013

Britney Spears' new single: 'Perfume'

Britney Spears is baring her insecurities with her new single, "Perfume."

The track was released via Facebook on Sunday, and features lyrics that are more intimate than the robotic commands heard on her earlier dancefloor-ready cut, "Work B***h."

"This is like sharing a piece of my heart," Spears posted on Facebook when she shared the track, leaving fans to fill in the blanks on who she could be singing about. (The 31-year-old broke up with former fiancee Jason Trawick in January, and she admitted to MTV that the breakup wasn't fun but it did give her inspiration for her new album.)

In the ballad, Spears describes using perfume - of which she should have plenty, given how often she releases a new fragrance - to "mark her territory" with a man she thinks may be less than faithful.

"'Perfume' is incredibly special to me because it hits close to home, and I think the story is relatable," Spears told E! News. "Everyone's been through an insecure moment in a relationship that's left them vulnerable, and I think this song captures that."

Spears co-wrote the track with Sia, and its plaintive lyrics are a sign that "Britney Jean" will indeed be a personal journey.

"I poured my heart and soul into this album," Spears told fans in a handwritten open letter. "I've learned a lot about myself, and as I am finishing, I am reminded of the incredible foundation that has supported me for the last 15 years. Thank you all for continuing to follow me on this journey and for allowing me to do what I love to do. I can’t believe this is my eighth studio album and I know I keep telling you that it is my most personal record yet, but its true and I’m really proud of that."

"Britney Jean" is scheduled to arrive December 3.

Filed under: Britney Spears • Celebrities • Music

1. frankswxac

bncvn

November 7, 2013 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. Alvarez

I'd like to smear a nice steaming stink biscuit across her face.

November 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Fool's Stool

"In the ballad, Spears describes using perfume – of which she should have plenty, given how the smell of her putrifying genitalia makes anyone within 10 meters vom-it uncontrollably"

November 5, 2013 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Brit's baby

She used me as an ashtray for 2 years...the bltch

November 4, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kevin F.

I would gladly stick my nose up her skirt to sniff her crotchal perfume.

November 4, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nothing is simple except your mind

You are too stupid to be considered human, so don't kid yourself.

November 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dark, meaty, black stools

Sticky consistency, foul smelling, much like that hacker troll who keeps whining about a fat hipped hoe. They both need to rot in hell.

November 4, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fool's Stool

I like to think they go to a sewage plant in the sky. Hoe can rott alone!

November 5, 2013 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. palintwit

Sarah Palin's entire schtick is repeating ridiculous lies and simply opposing things that liberals support for no other reason than to be a childish, annoying, petulant troublemaker. It's clear that she has no actual values or ideas. Just narcissism and greed...and she's lazy with no work ethic. Anybody who would vote for her for a serious role in government is the epitome of a low information voter.

November 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bristol

"lazy with no work ethic"??????
      You mean like the millions of unemployed minor ities in this country who flat out refuse to work because they've learned that it's easier to get welf are and other handouts from the gubment while they push out moon cricket after another? You mean THOSE kind? Get serious.

November 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • zxcvb

His name says it all: He's got it in for the whole Palin family, and he's a twit. His entire schtick is palin this, palin that. A vacuous, inept, contemptible liveral-minded twit.

November 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • What's a 'moon cricket?'

?

November 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
      A: To get to the other side.

Q: Why did Bristol Palin cross the road?
      A: Because her 10 black boyfriends where waiting there to splooge on her.

November 5, 2013 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • buh bye now

Why did palintwit cross the road?
      To kiss Sarah Palin's a$$.

November 6, 2013 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE ! ! !

QQ

November 4, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Peabo Cranston

I hear she'll soon be marketing a line of perfume called 'Album.'

November 4, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sir Poofs-a-lot

Get a free, random STD each time you listen to Britney Spears. YAY!

November 4, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hot Carl

"I poured perfume into my cooch," Spears told fans in a handwritten open letter, to mask the smell of garbage.

November 4, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |