October 31st, 2013

Kim K.'s sexy selfie was a figurative middle finger

When Kim Kardashian shared a self-portrait of herself in a revealing bathing suit earlier this month, she was actually flipping the bird.

Didn't catch her middle finger in the snapshot? That's because the picture itself was intended to be a big "F. U." to those who criticized her weight gain while she was pregnant, the 33-year-old reality star told Jay Leno on Wednesday.

The negative press and mean-spirited commentary while she was pregnant with daughter North "really did affect me," Kardashian said. "It really hurt my soul, it changed how I am in the public, I think, a little bit. ... I was gaining weight because I was pregnant, and it was just really hard to read all these stories and hear all these nasty things."

Kardashian, who's in the middle of filming season 9 of her reality show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," added that she came out of that experience wanting to live a more private life.

"I wanted to adjust my life a little bit, because why would I subject myself to so much negativity?" she said. "I just don't need that energy. I choose to go out with family and friends when I want to but I've definitely tried to live a more private life because of that, because they were so nasty, it's like, why even go out as much just to put yourself in that position."

But when she took the sizzling swimsuit photo while trying on clothes in mid-October, she couldn't resist sharing it with the public.

"I was trying on that bathing suit, and I actually just sent that to my fiancé (Kanye West), and I was like, 'babe, can I post this up?' This is my big, middle finger to the world on everyone that called me fat," Kardashian said with a laugh.

Her post-baby curves were hard-won, though. Losing 50 pounds after North's June arrival was "the hardest challenge of my life," she said. "And I was dedicated, and I was motivated, and I did the Atkin's diet ... it's a newer version now. I remember in college, I would try every single diet with my dad, and we did the Atkin's diet together and I lost weight and so did he. At the beginning (after giving birth) I couldn't exercise a whole lot. But then I started going on hikes with different family members, my boyfriend, everyone, and it worked."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kim Kardashian

« Previous entry
  1. Cowboy Curtis

Kanye better put his brand on the left flank of that heifer or else she's gonna get rustled.

November 16, 2013 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Matt

I don't get it. She looks fat to me. In the "selfie" and on TV. How is that a middle finger to the world? Providing inarguable proof that yes- she has a big fat a**?

November 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. symone says

i get so tired of that old racist comment that all successful black guys end up with blonde women.

and yet here is kim k, now kanye's *urp* babymomma and .... blonde.
    what the heck is up with that?

November 10, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. symone says

wow, i am still stopped by that derriere. man, that thing could stop traffic, and not in a good way. i mean, it's good to be proud of yourself, but dang is she unaware of just how incredibly large and unattractive is that body part, even to kanye? she *is* aware that he snapped her up for her money, right? well, and them being soul-makes with 93-point i.q.s.

kim, you wonder why people take pot shots at you, and you totally don't even get that posting things like *this* is why!!!! i mean, okay, you lost 50 lbs? great. i am very thankful that you didn't pose THOSE "before" photos. maybe losing those 50 lbs was your goal and you're done, but if you lost another 50 lbs, you would be healthier!!! and still not skinny!!!

November 10, 2013 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. K&K---

Kim has lost 50 pounds since birth. Everything appears too be perfect with Kanye and all the best for a bright future as a healthy couple Kanye appears too care for her let's hope the relationship remains in tact.

November 3, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. M.A.P.

It was a figurative steaming pile of sh!t, not a middle finger. A finger doesn't have that shape. A steaming pile of sh!t does.

November 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Wide Load

Kim is an energy sucker which does not work anymore with the public...actually it never did.

November 2, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. Agabus

Hey Kim try this, how about losing all your weight, and simply vanish into thin air? Now THAT would be a neat trick, and you would make headlines all over the world.

November 2, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jim970

Wow. That woman has a big rear. No, I retract that. She has a huge rear. Can't imagine why she would want to show it off. I really do not understand the trend. Women seem to want huge rears, outrageously large breasts, and gigantic lips. All are ugly. And when they are imitation, plastic surgery generated they are that much worse.

November 2, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. jj

How is this a middle finger when she is still fat?

November 1, 2013 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. No, Kanye is a fking idiot

With an ego bigger than his talent. He will be a nobody within 10 years. Kim will weigh 300lbs by then.

November 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kim would pass the 20 pencil test

Saggy baggy elephant

November 1, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Flang-Twobby

God forbid this cellulite siren should ever walk around sans clothing - imagine the cacophonous clatter those flabby flubbers would create by flapping together unhindered.

November 1, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. PLEEZ

OK, we get it - your a s s is still the size of the Grand Canyon (no disrespect to the Grand Canyon). Trust me, nobody wants to see that lard.

November 1, 2013 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • No Butt Change At All

The woman has not lost a pound since I saw her last picture about 3 years ago. the real kim as lost 50 pounds her sis have not seen a change since that last time

November 1, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Paramount sucks ... So did World War Z.

Now shut up, cross-script hacker troll. Enough with the nonsense.

November 1, 2013 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  16. Peace ☮

What gets me, she had to ask her bf if she could post that pic. Ummm, she felt like she had to ask? Again, do ya think he's a control freak?

November 1, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  17. Hot Carl

Absolutely gross. What a POS she is! There's enough there for THREE of her!

November 1, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. Charlotte

I spent my whole adult life trying to get rid of my full size butt...hard for me to wrap my mind around someone who wants a bigger one...much less to inject oneself with whatever to make it so.

November 1, 2013 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  19. RayJay

Lady Kaka

November 1, 2013 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  20. Isaac

Two hams are all I see here.

November 1, 2013 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bdog

What a good mom. Only famous for letting RayJ hit it.

October 31, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Betsy

Yes, that's certainly the way to go about living a more private life. LOL

October 31, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Lol...maybe she should buy herself a dictionary to look up the word private.

Only season 9? It seems soooo much longer.

November 1, 2013 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

She meant, she wanted to show her privates not remain private.

November 1, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Bubba

Cute girl, but why is she displaying those 2 country hams like that?

October 31, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Larry Who?

what?

October 31, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. V¡xen

Lmao @ comments.

October 31, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Fuggin' wit da hacker trolls

A real American pastime.

October 31, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Maldonado

My moderately offensive hand gesture is a literal middle finger to Kimye.

October 31, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Loose Watery Stools

You people are SICK, vile and DISGUSTING. Why does CNN allow such filth?

October 31, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

This coming from someone who calls themself Loose Watery Stools!

October 31, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Her flapjacks are lookin' a little flabby

Gravity is not being kind to her. :(

October 31, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Crumpet

Even her middle finger looks fat! Fat fat fatty fat azz fatso.

October 31, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Darlene Tierney

I swear the media is more interested in her than anybody else. I'm amazed how many people can't stand her and yet the media hogs are all over her. I can't wait until this family becomes a thing of the past, like Jon and Kate...good riddance!

October 31, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jimmer

"This is my big, middle finger to the world on everyone that called me fat,"

She is so incredibly stupid that she does not realize that in the picture she actually IS fat.

Dumb, fat, persian, gypsy trash.

October 31, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Her nasty fun bags are nearly down to her elbows, and her rear end could house a mexican family.

She is a used up dirty ghetto queen.

October 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sir Mix-a-Lot

Oh man...where do I even begin?

October 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Eddie

"I like butts....big butts. The kind you can hold on to and beat with a car antenna.

-Eddie Murphy

October 31, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  35. hahahaha

She only shows the bootie shot because if she turned around you would be shocked at the GUT.

October 31, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • esmiranda

Amen! My thoughts exactly. She chose her pose carefully. Kim features the humongous asset she's best known for, and demurely hides her front view. Her legs are not really visible, just a peek. What we do see of her leg is in shadow, you can see the bumpy texture from cellulite, and her leg even creases from it on the side. So, she sees this picture as a middle finger to the world. But It's really more like an "L" on her forehead, after looking at it carefully. She is just so pathetically desperate to remain relevant. Obviously she hates people, but she still wants their money to maintain her lavish lifestyle. She's a shallow and deceptive little hog beast.

November 1, 2013 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  36. Saneeka

This is a shameless hussy with zero dignity. You are a MOTHER! Do you think your child won't find these pictures one day?

October 31, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Amish Farmer

She got an azz that puts my mules to shame. I'd like to hitch her up to the plow. Properly motivated, I could plow twenty acres a day with this freak of nature.

October 31, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Alyson Brignac

Sorry . . . but her a$$ is so abnormal. This is just freakish.

October 31, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mr. Buzzy

I been inside of that! Bzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzzzz!

October 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ^ last night your mom tongued my choad ^

Daz right! :)

October 31, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Marigold

Fug yo mudda.

October 31, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Mobilizing team to wipe out Cobra.

October 31, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |