'Walking Dead' renewed, and more news to note
October 29th, 2013

'Walking Dead' renewed, and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• The way "The Walking Dead" absolutely clean up in ratings on Sunday nights, we would worry that some of the execs at AMC were brain-dead had they not brought the zombie thriller back for another go-round. If you're hooked on season 4, the network's going to feed your addiction with a fifth installment.
  • On Monday night, Eminem unleashed a "Monster" of a single with an assist from Rihanna. After spending several hours stewing over the new track, MTV thinks it's broken "Monster's" code: [MTV]
  • Justin Timberlake, meanwhile, goes for a really rough ride with Riley Keough in the music video for "TKO."
  • After being teased endlessly by director Bryan Singer with snapshots from the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" set, the new trailer for the May 2014 release is immensely satisfying.
  • All of you who placed bets on Emile Hirsch landing the role of legend John Belushi in the upcoming biopic from Steve Conrad, go collect your winnings. The "Into The Wild" actor has been officially cast in the film, which is scheduled to start shooting in New York next spring. [THR]
  • We didn't realize how much we missed "Veronica Mars" until we saw this new footage from the film. If it were possible to envelope a four-minute segment of film into a bear hug and jump up and down with it, we would.

Filed under: While you were working

1. Rowsevelt

The show should maybe introduce dogs as walker's in the following season.

November 4, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. So Sick

The sick "thing" happening ....and then munching....that will soooooo much fun.

October 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mark

The Walking Dead is one of the best shows that has ever been on TV. It's not just zombies, it's character development at its finest. Throughout TV history, there have been a handful of really first rate TV shows: Sopranos, The Wonder Years, MASH, Walking Dead, etc. It's a breath of fresh air when networks develop shows like these instead of the horrible sitcom trash that is always on. Thank you AMC for being on the cutting edge.

October 30, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peace ☮

Walking Dead had more viewers than Sunday pm football! Speaking of football, did anyone see that play at the end of the Detroit/Dallas game? The word "genius" comes to mind...lol! (no I didn't watch the game, saw the clip on news next am)

October 30, 2013 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • K10

I can't believe that! It has a higher rating then any network show?
      And yes, I caught that. I was at a bar watching it and all the Dallas fans were none too thrilled :) It was a great play though with just a small amount of time on the clock left.

October 30, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

I don't watch the Walking Dead. Watched a marathon on a weekend once, but I just can't get into this show. I'm sure if I watched it from the beginning, it would be a different story. I did, however, watch the Lions game. Matthew Stafford was incredible that last series. What a great call that was! Dallas certainly wasn't expecting it. Actually, they should have beat them a lot worse, if not for the 4 turnovers. Megatron was outstanding, too. That's why you never give up until the game clock runs out. Great game!

October 30, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Sadie! Sounds like I missed a pretty good game. Walking Dead pulling in higher ratings than Sunday night football really is quite impressive. Goes to show network tv is going down the crapper in terms of quality I think.

October 30, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Hey Triumph! How ya doing? It was an awesome game. I'm really happy with the Lions this year. Even though they have lost a few, they are playing really well. It is such a refreshing change. I have been a Lions fan since I was a little girl. It has been a long time coming.

October 30, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Sadie I'm doing just fine. How are you? A long time Lions fan eh? You have seen some rough seasons from them then. I grew up a 49ers fan so I grew up spoiled lol

October 30, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hi again Triumph & Sadie. :)
      K10, I thought I heard thunder that pm & realized it was just the Lions fans hootin' & hollering at their tv screens after that play. Lol!

October 30, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. aj date

Crap show

October 30, 2013 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. cnnlicksit

No thanks Nigerian prince.

October 30, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |