Lady Gaga explores 'Venus,' and more news to note
October 28th, 2013

Lady Gaga explores 'Venus,' and more news to note

Today's talk you might've missed:

• Lady Gaga's "ARTPOP" will be unleashed in full in just a few weeks, but the Mother Monster is tiding fans over with (intriguingly disparate) tracks from the album. To follow her collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want," Gaga released a universal love song over the weekend:
  • Instead of giving "Homeland" a fourth season, Showtime should get "Sesame Street" to add to its amazing "Homelamb" parody. We're dying to know what becomes of Ca-a-a-a-rrie and B-a-a-a-rody after his big, wolf-in-sheep's-clothing reveal:
  • Kanye West isn't the only hip-hop star who knows that massive diamond ring is a birthday girl's best friend. Rapper/producer Future popped the question to singer Ciara this weekend in honor of her birthday, and presented the "Body Party" songstress with a 15-carat Avionne & Co. sparkler. [Us Weekly]
  • Ellen DeGeneres and "Ellen" writer Liz Feldman are re-teaming for a new NBC sitcom about a lesbian and her straight best male friend who have a baby together before the guy meets his wife. [New York Magazine's Vulture]
  • Netflix, meanwhile, is brainstorming ways to make sure you maintain your addiction to "House of Cards." Season three is being discussed as we type. [Deadline]
  • Charlie Hunnam could've had a little extra time to prepare for Christian Grey after all. The production start date for the "Fifty Shades" movie has been pushed back to early December. [THR]
  • When she's not dusting off her whips and chains, Britney Spears can be pretty funny. Getting into the Halloween spirit, the singer recited the intro to "Thriller" for BBC Radio 1:

Filed under: While you were working

1. tracie

I JUST SAT ON THE TOILET AND A BIG JUICY BROWN SNAKE PUSHED OUT MY BUTT.

October 29, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JellyBean

I get moderated and the Marquee lets folks post these spam mod bot cr ap.

October 29, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Major Stiffy

*FAP *FAP *FAP *FAP ...

October 29, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Clete

Why does she have to explore Venus. Isn't that her home planet?

October 29, 2013 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. K10

Triumph; I'm with you on that one about 50 shades. I think they're doing WAY too much hype about it and it's not going to be any good. I've read the book (mainly just to see what all the fuss was about) and there's no way they're going to be able to show ANYTHING without giving it an X rating.
    But yes peace, I would much rather watch zombies biting someone's face off as well ha. Haven't seen a good zombie movie in a while.

October 29, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Walking Dead, K10, Walking Dead... :)

October 29, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I'm not so much talking about the hype over it (although that can be a bad thing as well) as I am the other issues they seem to be having in regards to it. Indecisive casting, now production dates being pushed back. Such things are usually a bad omen for films I've found. I myself haven't read the book so I'll have to take your word for it on the x rating. Yeah I'd rather watch zombies eating faces too. Give me a good horror movie any day.

October 30, 2013 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Morning! Triumph, Have you seen Conjuring or Evil Dead? Btw, I knew what ya meant about 50 Shades. As K10 said about the hype, that can be a bad thing, too. You expect something great, to be shot down by a crappy flick. I guess that's why I wait for most of them to come out "on demand".

October 30, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Peace! Can't say I've seen either of them. Yeah I usually wait to see movies until they're on demand too. By then we usually know whether or not they're worth watching and not a total waste of time.

October 30, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Howdy! Conjuring had the hype, but, it was still good. ED was just plain creepy! Did ya start watching the new show Dracula on fri pm? I have it dvr'd, haven't watched it yet. Wondered if you did & what ya thought.

October 30, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. tracie

UNBELIEVABLE. MY HUSBAND JUST THREW MY LEGS IN THE AIR AND I PUSHED OUT A BROWNIE!

October 28, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hanover Pfist

That's one scary Halloween costume the girl has on in the picture. Almost looks like Lady Gaga.

October 28, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Great White Snark

Like Gaga, I too like to guzzle a warm load if kum. I also like to bury my snout deep inside a woman's bush.

October 28, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Go Ahead

And steal other bloggers' names. Original tactic. Nobody ever thought of that.

October 28, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Great White Shart

Awwww...somebody's little feelings got hurt. So sad. :(

Let me guess, Go Ahead: you're either Great White Snark himself, or his sniveling little kiss azz, suck-up minion, plokij. I'm betting on the former.

You're obviously new here, so let me explain a couple rules amongst the Marquee Bloggers: 1. There are no real rules–everyone and everything is fair game; 2. If you bring a biased, bigoted socio- political agenda to this entertainment blog, you're going to get trolled, and trolled hard, buddy. That includes ridicule, name calling and name stealing. Either you grow a pair and accept it without the crybaby act, or you take your ball and find another more conducive playground.

Cool?

October 29, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Phuck Yew

You mean biased to the right as opposed to your approved leftist world view. Not everyone is a sheep who falls for what they are fed without checking the facts. Name calling and mud slinging are typical leftist tactics.

October 29, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • G.W. Shart

@Phuck Yew:

Yeah, and no commentator on your beloved Fox "News," a veritable den if civility and political correctness, has ever resorted to name calling, right? O'Reilly sits by politely and allows those with differing view points to express them without one interrupting them, rudely. Oh, and the GOP chairman, Rush Limbaugh, would never stoop to make even the slightest disparaging comment about those on the political left, correct? Puh-LEEZ! You wouldn't know facts if they bit you on the azz, moron. Oh, and Phuck Yew, too.

October 29, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Critic

My, haven't we got our knickers in a twist?

October 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • @snark, shart, whatever

And the self-appointed keeper of the Marquee has himself been trolled. Funny how you were drawn out and showed your true colors. Even funnier that you think you are above the rest of us when you're such a shallow excuse for a multicellular organism.

October 29, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • and then...

What... no comeback? Lame. Thought you were a big deal. Mommy musta made you go night-night.

October 29, 2013 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Peace ☮

Ciara's ring is quite pretty. No Triumph, I won't say never. ;)

October 28, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Peace! Good that you won't say never :) Is it just me or is this 50 Shades Of Grey movie sounding like more and more of a train wreck in the making? With all it's problems so far it seems to be headed toward being one massive rotten t urd of a film I think.

October 29, 2013 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Morning mister! To be quite honest, I could 2 sh!ts less about that movie. Never read the book, either. Don't plan on seeing the movie. I'd rather watch zombies bite someone's face off. Lol!

October 29, 2013 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • plokij

I wish they would make a 50 Shades of Gay movie - I would be first in line!

October 29, 2013 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. tracie

I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL SHE WEARS HER TURRRD COSTUME. IT'S A BIG BROWN BAG STUFFED WITH BUTT NUGGETS WRAPPED AROUND HER FACE! IT'S GONNA BE EPIC!

October 28, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. You still have a pager?

You're either a time traveler from the 1980s-1990s, or you're a complete fking loser. Which is it (keep in mind that time travel is impossible)?

October 29, 2013 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. jujubeans

Is it all pink on the inside?

October 29, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Pink, wet ...

and full of juicy goodness.

October 29, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |