Gordon Ramsay's been spying on his daughter
October 18th, 2013

Gordon Ramsay's been spying on his daughter

Gordon Ramsay isn't just tough with the competitors on his reality show, "Hell's Kitchen."

The chef known for being quite ... vocal ...recently admitted that he has been keeping close tabs on his teen daughter, Megan.

According to E!, Ramsay told British talk show host Jonathan Ross on his show that he bugged his teen's room. And not only did he spy on her and her boyfriend's homework sessions, but he enlisted her younger brother, Jack's, help in doing so.

"I've been a bit naughty over the last couple of weeks because I got Jack a little Go-Pro, one of those little secret cameras," Ramsay said. "So I said to him, ‘Look mate, here's 20 quid, go and target your big sister's room and put that camera right at the top left-hand side of the wardrobe.'"

Not totally shocking given how controlling and focus Ramsay appears to be on his reality shows. It would appear to have a willing assistant in son Jack, who along with his twin sister Holly, 13, Megan and Matilda, 11 are Ramsay's four children with wife Tana.

"My son said, 'Daddy, Megan had a friend around yesterday called Alex, but it wasn't a girl, it was a guy.' I said, 'Jack, get me his cell number now.' So he sneaks to Megan's room, and two minutes later I'm on my cell," Ramsay said.

"It was nothing more than a joke he made up on the show to poke fun and embarrass Megan who was sitting in the audience with her boyfriend," his rep said.

1. James

In fact I,hope any contracts he has with anybody is CUT may the powerful hands of a woman Corp. CEO show who is the B now,lol
    In fact Mr. G. R. should issue a public apology big time to his daughter and for enlisting family members to be a snitch ! Before the world condemns him for being a jerk if it was a joke he himself would step in front of the cameras and say so instead he hides because it was not a joke and he will do what he wants because he's King Ramsey !

November 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. James

This guy is a real class act creep and for his wife to stand by her man what is it with woman who,do this?!
    He is famous she can sue for defamation of character legally and it's strong enough grounds to legally severe ties through emancipation she is on her own but she can sue for parental financial support .
    Because he HAS money all of the above will be approved UNLESS he is a slap happy punk? .
    Oh a joke ? BS ever mindful of another cook who lost her empire that publicist will LIE for that sorry A punk .

November 10, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Voice of reason

Your kid WILL lie to you. They WILL do things they shouldn't be doing behind your back. They DO think you are stupid and aren't tech-savy enough to outsmart them. Has it really been that long ago, for some of you, to not remember your teenage years? You HAVE to be in your kids business...especially in this day and age. With the possible consequences. you can't afford not to. Be a parent, not a bff.

November 8, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Edwin

Gordon, you are a very, VERY bad man, and very bad father! If you can't even trust your own daughter with anything, than you don't even deserve to have her in your life! I hope your daughter leaves your sorry ass home and never returns!

October 28, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonathan

Maybe you missed the end where it says this was a joke that he did on the show to embarass his daughter and her boyfriend who were in the audience.... this world is so screwed with people like you

November 1, 2013 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. DG

While it is a joke, legally, he'd have every right to do it.

At a certain point teens need independence. But, just like practically everyone says, when these online bullying cases come up - the responsibility is for the parents to watch and control their children's access to the Internet.

October 28, 2013 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • DG

(And that would include, obviously, any chatroom/email/forum access she had, where she'd most likely be talking with any ongoing boyfriend.)

October 28, 2013 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. maria

How creeeeppyyy ! he is a maniac I will divorce my parents if they do to me what this psycho is doing ! that is not a real father figure to me is he a pepping tom? ?

October 25, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ej

Her wardrobe? That's just creepy. What a creep!

October 25, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guesswho

As long as he doesn't post the videos on YouTube or something he is OK

October 28, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. My Chef43

is what counts and that is the way my GOD wants it and it will happen===I'm sorry ladies you'll have too deal with friendship with my Chef.

October 25, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joseph

Why is this on CNN as news? I thought this site was about publishing legitimate news and not just duping people into clicking.

October 23, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. I am not a zebra and u are not lions

I dont hack hon

October 22, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. kooni

sick motherfuc*er

October 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • tk

The article also says: "4:08 p.m. UPDATE: According to Ramsay's rep, the comments made on the "Jonathan Ross Show" were made in jest.

"'It was nothing more than a joke he made up on the show to poke fun and embarrass Megan who was sitting in the audience with her boyfriend,' his rep said."

October 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • I am not a zebra and u are not lions

No you bugger was wrong

October 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim J.

What a sick perv!

October 21, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • tk

October 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sandy

It was a JOKE people, they were sitting in the audiance, try reading!

October 21, 2013 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. Peace ☮

Hmmm, he has an odd sense of humor. I like his show, Hell's Kitchen, tho.

October 20, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert Mischief

I admit the joke was presented poorly, but not too bad otherwise. I prefer Kitchen Nightmares to Hell's Kitchen, personally.

October 21, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jimdevo

Relax it was just a joke. He loves his family very much and wouldn't do such a thing.

October 19, 2013 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. popcornery

This Dad needs some real help. He is likable but damaged and teaching his son some nasty habits regarding how to treat women.

October 18, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • barbara

Read the article. It was a joke. I doubt that his daughter and boyfriend would actually sit in the audience if he had pulled such a stunt.

October 21, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Still stupid to joke about. I want him in my kitchen so I can lock him in the meat freezer for a couple days.

October 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Anon

October 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Anon

This isn't true, if these so called reporters would take two seconds actually fact checking they'd figure that out too.

October 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. cookyloopy

ew. A camera in your daughter's room? ew. How about not letting her be in her room with the fricken boyfriend?

October 18, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • qwerty

He's a perv. Next thing ya know he'll get hacked and it'll be all over the web. Ewwww.

October 18, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |