'Glee' to end next season
October 17th, 2013

'Glee' to end next season

Now that Cory Monteith's "Glee" character has been laid to rest, the end of the Fox series is clearly in sight.

Co-creator Ryan Murphy said at a Paley Center event on Wednesday that the eccentric comedy will end with its next season, the show's sixth.

Murphy explained to TVLine that he always planned to end the series with the story Finn (as played by Monteith) and Rachel (portrayed by Monteith's on-and-off-screen girlfriend, Lea Michele). But following Monteith's death at 31 in July, Murphy has had to re-think how he can conclude "Glee's" story.

"The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story,” Murphy said. “I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do."

However the end of "Glee" takes shape, Murphy is confident that it will be "kind of in (Monteith's) honor, which I love."

Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • television

1. PRINT OUT MY COMMENTS...

NOTHING CHANGES....BYE HON...ITS A LOVELY DAY OUTSIDE...GO ENJOY IT.

November 5, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Glee Day

that did not work either...I need a 53 hack for marygrace.

November 5, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. kathy

THis is good news....the show was SO good the first few years...then it just went south. Once the original cast graduated it was just plain bad....and pathetic. Didn't like ANY of the new replacements.

November 5, 2013 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. richard miller

Oh no! Will and Grace has been off forever.The new normal got offed,and now glee? Where will we get our 'normal' relationship info?

November 3, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chucklehead

Here's an idea, have them all go to a trashy hotel, shoot up herion and OD in the toilet. Then they all can be heroes!

October 22, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. betty

no one is glorifying drugs people...a young man died, period. And that is sad.

October 21, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Steven Brooks

Thank the gods.

The whitebreads will have to get their bad music fix somewhere else.

October 19, 2013 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hot Carl

What will the gays watch now? Oh, the horror, the humanity!

October 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Adorable Cast

I found most of the vocals off at times. I only saw the show a couple of times and that was enough. They appeared to not have enough rehearsal time between shows. Most of the dancing needed polishing at times. The cast was fantasic.

October 18, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. anna

I agree with some of the comments here, this person died because he was an addict that didnt have the courage to get his life straight.

Stop making him a hero!

October 18, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • REMMY

No one is making him a hero. People are sad that a life has ended.

And as for the courage issue please learn about addiction. It's not as simple as wanting to quit; there is brain chemistry that completely overrides logic. It's tragic how many young people become addicts...in my family, we took this opportunity to teach our kids about the dangers of drugs.

October 18, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • tiki

People are not one dimensional. Cory Monteith was neither a monster nor a hero. He was a person, and he had strengths and weaknesses, just like everyone else. His weakness killed him, and that is tragic, just as losing any young person is tragic. However, as short as his life was, he was able to achieve a role that allowed him to touch countless other lives, and that in itself was very special. Cory Monteith was talented and by all accounts, a good friend and beloved by those who knew him. Why denigrate his memory because he wasn't perfect?

October 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

Remmy. Don't make excuses. He was a junkie. He had everything handed to him on a silver platter...and he CHOOSE to be a junkie. That was a CHOICE that he made. Don't make excuses for his CHOICE. He wanted to be a JUNKIE. Don't glamorize him. Don't make up excuses (brain chemistry) for him.

October 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lee

Thank god, what a lame show.

October 18, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. SIVIA

As an avid fan of GLEE since it's inception...it is sad to see GLEE end...however as an avid fan...I respectfully agree and accept Mr. Ryan Murphy's decision..Thank you so much for all the memories of GLEE.

October 18, 2013 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Kellie

SIVIA...well said. I miss Cory and his character Finn so much. I really thought they should do the tribute episode and end the series altogether. He & Lea were the heart and soul of the show and it just could never be the same.

October 18, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. Daniel

We are going to be hearing about this addict for a long, long time.

October 18, 2013 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. billy

Glee was good the first season. It was quirky and poignant. I was excited for the second season, but after 2 shows I was wondering what the heck happened. I didn't make it past the third episode, it just wasn't the same show anymore. I think they changed writers and went more mainstream or something.

October 18, 2013 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Cionna

For me, the show changed after the first round of graduation and when Brittany left. After that, the show just jumped the shark.

October 18, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. qwerty

Bout damn time!

October 17, 2013 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jane

dumb hands down.

October 17, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sherri

Good. I never watched it. Well 5 minutes one time was all I could stand. I guess some liked it. I thought it was juvenile and dumb. Some school class does a musical every week? Come on. How realistic is that? Just too moronic.

October 17, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. NOYB

Musicals suck!!!!

October 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sean

It will be healthy to leave Ryan Murphy's mind. Reading about how he had last lines of the last season already in his mind, is kind of control freak creepy.

October 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Filthowitz

Good!
    This tripe never should have gotten past season one as it is.

October 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mary

With yet another tribute to a junkie

October 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |