Today's talk you might've missed:
- Was "Saturday Night Live's" decision to bring on Kerry Washington as host of its November 2 show a nod to its glaring diversity issues, or just interesting timing? We can't be too sure. But we can be sure that Washington will rock it. That episode will also feature "Rap God" Eminem as musical guest.
- As predicted, Miley Cyrus now has a No. 1 album with "Bangerz." The disc debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 this week. [Billboard]
- Need a closer examination of Kendrick Lamar's epic verse from the 2013 BET Hip-Hop Awards cypher last night? (That's the awards show where Drake picked up five wins, by the way.) Here it is printed out in full: [MTV]
- Mark your calendars: The first-world problems of Lena Dunham's "Girls" will be back on HBO January 12. [New York magazine's Vulture]
- According to Katy Perry, the formula for becoming a Cover Girl is pretty simple: "See what happens when you let the light in?" she tweeted, along with a first look at her first Covergirl ad:
- Apparently Derek Hough didn't have the moves for "The Vampire Diaries'" star Nina Dobrev, or maybe she just didn't have enough bite. Word has it the two stars have broken up after six weeks of dating. [Us Weekly]
- We're kind of concerned about Liam Neeson's blood pressure. Taking on role after role during which he has to save people - this time on a nonstop flight from New York to London with 2014's "Non-Stop" - just can't be good for him.