The Sinead O'Connor and Miley feud isn't over
October 4th, 2013

The Sinead O'Connor and Miley feud isn't over

For Sinead O'Connor, the pen is truly mightier than the sword.

By now, the singer has written not one, not two, but three open letters to Miley Cyrus, with the latest threatening legal action against the pop star.

Cyrus hasn't been as verbal as O'Connor, but she hasn't been silent, either - it seems the last two open letters were crafted in response to some of Cyrus' tweets.

It all started with O'Connor's initial open letter, which the "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer said was prompted by reporters asking her to comment on Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" video. (In the controversial clip, Cyrus seems to draw inspiration from some of the scenes in the "Nothing Compares 2 U" video, and O'Connor wrote that the press wanted her to respond.)

Also read: Should girls follow advice for Miley?

While she didn't speak on any similarities between the two clips, O'Connor did express concern for Cyrus, who swings around on a wrecking ball in her own video, sometimes while in the nude.

"I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way 'cool' to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos," O'Connor wrote in her first letter. "It is in fact the case that you will obscure your talent by allowing yourself to be pimped, whether it's the music business or yourself doing the pimping."

Cyrus doesn't seem to agree, as she responded to O'Connor via Twitter on Thursday by recalling the singer's past mental health struggles:

To which O'Connor responded in a new open letter:

"Miley … Really? Who the f*** is advising you? Because taking me on is even more f****n’ stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism. You have posted today tweets of mine which are two years old, which were posted by me when I was unwell and seeking help so as to make them look like they are recent. In doing so you mock myself and Amanda Bynes for having suffered with mental health issues and for having sought help. ... I am staggered that any 20 yr old woman of the 21st century could behave in such a dangerous and irresponsible manner as to not only send the signal to young women that its ok to act like prostitutes but also to the signal that those who have suffered or do suffer mental health problems are to be mocked and have their opinions invalidated. Have you no sense of danger at all? or responsibility? Remove your tweets immediately or you will hear from my lawyers. I am certain you will be hearing from all manner of mental health advocacy groups also. It is not acceptable to mock any person for having suffered."

But that wasn't all. Since Cyrus also posted this on Thursday:

O'Connor responded:

"Furthermore you posted a photo of me tearing the pope’s photo .. as if to imply insanity.. by doing so all you have achieved is to expose your staggering ignorance. I suggest you read The Philadelphia Report, The Boston Report, all the reports which will illuminate for you why that action of mine remains sane and valid. By mocking it you mock every child who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of priests and had it covered by the Vatican. You could really do with educating yourself, that is if you’re not too busy getting your t*** out to read."

That last comment, one might presume, could very well be directed at Cyrus' recent photo shoot with Terry Richardson. In a few of the images, which can be found on Richardson's website, Cyrus is wearing what appears to be nude underwear, lace tights, and that's it.

While O'Connor seemed to be open to a lengthy dialogue - at one point, anyway - Cyrus has said she just doesn't have the time. She tweeted Thursday evening:

You have to give it to Cyrus - she did predict another letter was on the way.

On Friday, O'Connor posted a third missive, this time on her Facebook page:

“Miley I have no interest whatsoever in meeting you. You had plenty of time yesterday to abuse Amanda Bynes .. an entirely innocent party.. and myself.. who also did nothing to deserve your abuse.. along with every other sufferer of mental health problems and every person who suffered abuse at the hands of priests.

You can take five minutes today between g-string f—in’ changes to publicly apologise and remove your abusive tweets. If you do not then you don’t give a s*** who you mock and what damage you do by being so ignorant.

When you publicly apologise to Amanda and myself and all mental health sufferers as well as all who were abused by priests that will end the matter as far as I am concerned.

What you did yesterday was designed to damage me and my career and has caused me enormous distress and harassment and has potential to damage my career, since you deliberately gave the impression those tweets of mine were not two years old but reflect my current condition. If you cannot apologize I will have no choice but to bring legal proceedings against you since it is extremely hard to be given work when people think one is suffering from mental illness.

I have no interest in or desire to cause you trouble but if you do not apologise for having deliberately tried to cause me hurt and trouble personally and professionally I will have to bring pressure upon you. When you end up in the psych ward or rehab I’ll be happy to visit you.. and would not lower myself to mock you."

As of the time of this posting, Cyrus hadn't yet responded to O'Connor's third letter.

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus • Music

1. PRINT OUT ALL MY COMMENTS

ATTACH IN DEBRA'S FOLDER TODAY...LE'TS FK HER UP TODAY....

October 11, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HOW DARE YOU NOT TRUST ME...WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER MET ME

YET YOU INVADE THIS HOUSE....EXPECT FURTHER PUBLIC POUNDING RIDICULE ABOUT YOUR BIMBO.

October 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ALL WE DO IS GO BLAH BLAH BLAH...

PEACE 50

October 11, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MASS CONFUSION EXPERTS...

BIMBO HAS NOT CLUE WHAT WE JUST DID--

October 11, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. THE BALD ONE?

FORGET HIM HE PAYS BY NEVER GETTING LAID

October 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DEBRA MOTORED OUT 3 MIN AGO...

REPORT HER AS ABUSE-

October 11, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DOES JUST HUB KNOW YOU HABIT?

IF WE KNOW YOUR HABIT...HE MUST-YOU S-XLESS ALSO OH WAIT ITS BIMBOS SISTER WHO IS S-XLESS.

October 11, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. YOU SEE WE JUST GOT YOU DEBRA...

ALL I DO IS GO BLAH BLAH BLAH....YOU WERE JUST REPORTED

October 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DEBRA

YOU REALIZE YOUR CONSIDERED A BULLY HACKER AND ACCORDING TOO REPORTS YOU DONT
    KNOW ME FROM A WHOLE IN THE WALL EITHER....

October 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. DEBRA

another bimbo that just hacked out. you can report her also.

October 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. KEEP AN EYE ON BROHOE

he's another mouth

October 11, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. BROHOE

did you know requesting fake deeds and asking for money is against the law?====NY and NJ knows how come you don't know it?

October 11, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. THE UK

reported as abuse.

October 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BROHOE

you were tracked over a year ago...and technically you have no fking clue who i am....bully charges?

October 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. All you have too do is go blah blah blah

and there is the bimbo miley 45 in her dirty pajamas with her bug in her ear....

October 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Meh

Id rather bang Sinead...at least she's just crazy

October 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Never allow a bully too control you they

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants. they basically have no power.

you never worry about these people because they are weenies...however you let people know who your bully is.

October 9, 2013 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. wine and pete on

Barmates..I did say public ridicule right?

October 8, 2013 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. Print

Gotta run...

October 8, 2013 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  20. I am the star of the show...

your just the bimbo hack suffering from mass confusion and do not know what is right or wrong anymore.

October 8, 2013 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. The excluded game and making fun of me?

there is no public ridicule really....everyone is on.....scratch that.

October 8, 2013 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. Print, File and Reported as abuse too Mr. Klein

thanks

October 8, 2013 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  23. Peace50

Any funky behavior towards me as a human being...expect deed game torture with the name of the person who mailed it being announced too the entire bar.......we will be testing this bimbo que too make sure it works once it works...bye bye Miley bimbo45

October 8, 2013 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. the deed game...triplet bimbo

you will have too expect pounding, ridicule and embarrassment...you claim too be rich yet you ask people for 89.00 and their deeds....not good. expect further mass confusion, poundings and public ridicule.

October 8, 2013 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. All the files you dumped on here?

cam45 on tap. So you see we are much more technology inclined then your filth could never be. I am eventually going too be "busy". That is why we are testing everything too make sure we can distinguish which FILTH as
    on this machine. Expect further embarrassment, ridicule and mental torture for triplets.

October 8, 2013 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  26. Your filth may come from this IP Address

but we know which fingers were here....its called a camera.

October 8, 2013 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  27. This is why we are testing da que....

when i have a boyfriend ... I will not be here...you and the other 2 bimbos will be still on que every waking moment of your life until your death. As i decrease visibility it is not because you have won your ridiculous game it is because
    the que of your filthy fingers in this machine is working.

October 8, 2013 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  28. Triplet Mental Torture...

the 2 are basically not good at what they do......the public is able too supply fake or real behavior now. everything is now fake? or real? .... any further bullying requires me too keep talking and then we get you. mass confusion
    is our line of work. mass confusion and mental torture are how we get the hack. the 2 bimbos are worthless and their habit has caused them mass confusion and torture too the point they do not know what we are doing....is it a fake or is it real. They never knew and will never know unless i tell them.

October 8, 2013 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  29. Triplets

disrespect? expect further pounding, ridicule, further confusion and embarrassment here.

October 8, 2013 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  30. sue

See yesterdays summary at engagement

October 8, 2013 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  31. Any further garbage from these 2 expect further mental torture

and mass confusion.

October 8, 2013 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
  32. Mavis Berrymcweather

In my opinion, both of these women are shaming the female species with their vulgar and unbashful way of carrying themselves. A real woman never shares her opinions with such bold and brash statements, better to discuss these personal issues with your girlfriends in the privacy of the nail & hair salon, or over the telephone like I do. It is written in the bible that a woman should always hold her dignity to heart and let jesus do the talking, and this rule is clearly missed on these two brutally vulgar examples of ladies.

Thank you and good day.

Mavis Berrymcweather
    Florida Hills

October 8, 2013 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  33. Bolivar Shagnasty

I almost didn't recognize Cyrus without her tongue hanging out.

October 7, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. opwernby

Sinead O'Connor is now, and has always been, a disgusting, talentless waste of flesh. That anyone takes her seriously is astounding. Neil Young certainly didn't at the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary concert: just watch the footage. It's hilarious.

October 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Peace ☮

They look like mother & daughter.

October 7, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  36. Leah

Miley Cyrus is a little b....with no morals or character obviously. I had liked her she is so talented, but after her being so extremely trashy on the VMA's and how she treat Sinead, when Sinead obviously meant well to begin with I have no respect or admiration for her. She is a disgusting life form and to find out her mom is her manager, allowing and backing her in all this extremely disgusting, immoral behavior shows me what her mother is also. DISGUSTING. I have been watching stuff she's on on TV, but after reading all this on top of her behavior on stage I'm not giving her another second of my time.

October 7, 2013 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • a second

You just did -give her a second of your time-that is. Hard I know to keep back all that harshness. Keep working at it. You'll succeed one day. Peace out . Love and respect all .

October 7, 2013 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

@a second. I don't hear the word "respect" on here much. However, I do know someone who uses that word a lot...is that you? If it is, this will make total sense. Just curious.

October 7, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • a second

O god no. I'm not that fool

October 7, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Just checking. Thanks for answering! :)

October 7, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Breese

I agree. I am so tired of seeing her and hearing about her. Enough already

October 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sherri

I don't care what Sinead did to a photo. A photo is a photo is a photo. And the pope is not above being ridiculed. He is a man. Nothing more. And not a very smart man at that. If someone wants to tear up his photo, that's fine with me.
    If Miley wants to make a fool of herself, that's OK too. But I do think she'll regret it later on. Many are trying to give her advice, but she is young. She'll do as she pleases, as most of us do. If she wants to be taken seriously, she has a long way to go. Right now, she's just a young fool.

October 6, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLAHblahBlAh

SHUT
      UP
      you little NOboDy

the F...
      do you know

Good For You MILEY , you re not doing anything wrong
      AMERICANS are a bunch of NiNNiEs

October 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. underwaterops

Not a Miley fan myself. But I don't see any difference between what Miley did and what Sinead did with the photo of the Pope.
    That said, it is clear Sinead is having (having, not was having) mental problems. Her responses are not well thought out, are emotional, and are illogical at the best. Mostly, she seems to be ranting.
    In fact, Miley is right, Sinead is looking and acting very much like an untreated Amanda Bynes at 50.

October 6, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  39. Frank

Both of these twits are totally irrelevant.

October 6, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  40. Frank Rizzo

I hope Sinead sues the panties off Miley and the monies (Millions) from the lawsuit goes to assist people suffering from Mental Heath Issues.

October 6, 2013 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  41. andrew

Sinead who??!!

October 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Name*penguin

Sinead is a much better singer, but neither hold a candle to Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Cher, or Debbie Harry(Blondie)

October 5, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  43. mark

I don't much care for either of them. I really can't stand people who try to arouse the liberal special interest groups like its a secret weapon. "Look everyone! shes picking on the mentally Ill and abuse victims! go get her!"
    No she wasn't. She was pointing out that you're an opinionated nut job!

On the flip side I think miley is ridiculous. She comes off as utterly pathetic to me. Trying to slide her tongue out as far as possible and looking awkward as hell in the process hoping that people will think its a trademark. I don't find her the least bit attractive. She's about as repulsive as grace Jones back in the 80's.
    She needs to grow up and learn some humility because she's making a fool if herself. What celebrity isn't making a fool of themselves these days though?

October 5, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Patrick Leiva

Precisely. What carreer? Sinead is daft, crazy as a loon, and always has been. She p'd away her "career", youth, and looks. Now she's a bitter old Irish broad. She's got no business writing open letters to Miley Cyrus or Daffy Duck for that matter. I'm not crazy about Miley, the music is OK, but that's all that needs be said.

October 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Tutuvabene

O'Connor looks like a football hooligan and seems to act like it as well.

October 5, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JellyBean

LM FAO! Both of these wrethes still making headlines. Laugh all the way to the bank, ladies.

October 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Alvarez

Sinead could improve her looks by stuffing a couple of stink nuggets up her nose.

October 5, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. r

Miley; you're gross. Keep your clothes on.
    Shine-head: stop imagining you have a career or an opinion anyone cares about.

October 5, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Shelly

No matter what me may think of Miley Cyrus, Sinead O'Conner has absolutely NO BUSINESS writing open letters of criticism to her. Sinead O'Conner is bat5hit crazy and is in serious need of professional help. Miley, please ignore her unbalanced rants. Please.

October 5, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Exactly.

October 5, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly Frances

I beg to differ, respectfully. This genre of media invites communication via public platform (Twitter being my least favourite), and the minute Miley put SInead in Rolling Stone, it was sensible to assume she would be contacted. Sinead considers herself an activist. She did what people with strong opinions do to someone inviting publicity. I don't see how this is unfair or uninvited...? It opened a dialogue, and I assume Miley's publicist is pleased it's making headlines seeing as Miley herself bragged about exactly that after the VMAs. I don't feel bad for her at all.

October 5, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Joe

"that is if you’re not too busy getting your t*** out to read."

Ha! Awesome response. Miley is a wh0re.

October 5, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  51. yawn

LOL twitter. you had a public conversation about mental health,,, you got what you deserved for using that crock of shít website

October 5, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  52. ktina

Don't call someone out and expect for them not to have a rebuttal....just saying! Even though I am definitely not siding with Miley, but she is a child and O'Connor is an adult so stop playing childish games.

October 5, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • jy

She's a child? Wrong. She's a grown woman, acting like a brat. She's been an adult for a couple of years now.

October 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  53. old hippy chick

My prediction? In 10 years, Miley will be older, wiser, and wish she had listened to some well-meaning advice. Sinead has given her advice, and will be proven to be absolutely correct. Miley is rapidly becoming a caricature of herself, and IS degrading herself by her recent actions. Chin up Sinead, there are some of us out here who 'get it', and get what you are saying to this poor misguided child. Anyone in favor of your current course will be the first ones to laugh at you, and roll their eyes, and publicly wonder just how much you thought people were willing to put up with. All those urging you on are just waiting for the inevitable crash and burn...... Honey, you need to stop...walk away for 6 months to a remote location, and really think about yourself, your life, and what kind of legacy you want to leave behind. We really don't want you to join the 'celebrities who O.D.ed at 27' club... not a cool list to be on...James Dean, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse,....Miley Cyrus to be the latest???? She is definately headed down that road right now. Hey Billy Ray....talk some loving sense into your little girl...

October 5, 2013 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • old hippy chick

and to clarify my above statement...that is Miley continuing down the same path gonna do her in....not Sinhead...I hope Miley is still alive in 10 years, and NOT on the 27 Club list.

October 5, 2013 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Old hippy chick, you are so correct with this post.

October 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Virgie

Right on, Hippie Chick...as a mother, grandmother who counsels a lot of young ones who wish they'd done things differently, Miley is on the fast track to disaster without a helmet.

October 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • hilpie

And meanwhile old hippie chick is smoking a bong. Right on star glazer-Right on and it's a groove thing.

October 5, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick Slomka

James Dean didn't OD. He died in a car accident ! Check your facts numbskull, before opening up your trap !

October 5, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Tennessee Tucker

If you make love to either of them, you're NOT making love to a woman. You're making love ... to a MAN!

October 5, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  55. jsaljsalj

Pathetic. Sinead initiated this nonsense and now she's trying to play the adult. Both are attention-starved idiots.

October 5, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  56. V¡xen

She looks like Uncle Fester.

October 5, 2013 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  57. Alvarez

They need to shake hands and take a dump together. A good poop heals everything.

October 5, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  58. D. Diggler

Meeowwwww

October 5, 2013 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  59. Northstar

Miley Cyrus is grotesque...I wish CNN would stop showing her big mouth up close. Ugh! Sinead is older, wiser.Miley should stop being defensive and listen.

October 5, 2013 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Constantine19901662

They are pretty nasty looking, good call, Sinead looks a junkie Skinhead and Miley looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver:/

October 5, 2013 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mario

Thank god i dont follow them on twitter,they are both not really interresting

October 5, 2013 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  61. Sitara12006

Sinead had a bad childhood. What is Miley excuse?

October 5, 2013 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  62. David, Tampa

Wow Sinead looks like my uncle Bob

October 5, 2013 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  63. RL

Sinead is an artist and no amount of tweets can take away her past success. Her music had a depth that puts her in a different category than Miley. Mental illness is just that, an illness. Miley's tweet just showed her immaturity and lack of compassion for others. She lives in a fantasy Hollywood world surrounded by coat tail riders and employees, so I wouldn't expect anything less. It's so gross that we turn these kids in to such spoiled self centered adults.

October 5, 2013 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  64. Peter

You have to wonder when a has-been Diva "reaches out" to a current Diva. Sinead's first letter was condescending "pimping yourself". Sinead goes on to say "who are you taking on?" Give me a break. And if you're a public figure, and you publicly post craziness, you can expect to have it flashed across the screen when you get in someone's face without being asked to. They are both hurting and reaching out for attention, actually. If Sinead is worried about getting work when she's made to appear off-balance, she shouldn't be jabbering nonsense like this, especially the threats and delusions of grandeur.

October 5, 2013 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  65. Patricia

I hope Sinaed isn't off her meds again. These letters do have a kind of manic intensity to them.

October 5, 2013 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  66. Billyldol

This makes me warm up to Miley a bit.

October 5, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  67. Isis

Catfight !

Always amusing – but not.

October 5, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  68. billy ray bogus

Both of these talentless ho's need to shut up and go away. Sinead always sucked, and now Miley is joining her in the ranks of has-beens.

October 5, 2013 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  69. Timmy Lee Roberts

Twerky is a wrecking ball!

October 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Charlie Sheen

Sweet

October 4, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. enough already!!

Did Miley really have to post that picture of O'Connor ripping up a picture of the Pope? I don't want to live through that mess again. I remember people throwing her albums in the street and burning them. I'm sure she received death threats, and re-posting the picture could make people lash out again. Both parties need to back off.

October 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*

You dont want to live throught again? I think you need help. Signed, a good catholic

October 5, 2013 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelly Frances

To the gent below: depending on where you lived and your age, that was actually a very dangerous and incendiary event. I think that is what she means. I get it.

October 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Misty

My kids can't stand Miley anymore......... she has become such a bad influence on all kids. I agree with Sinead O'Connor, Miley is selling her self. no dignity at all. Its a shame she has to get almost naked to get attention. just shows u how many sick perverts are in the world. and shes feeding them to go out and hunt for our children... NOT HER! shes safe with body guards. she gets THESE NASTY PERVERTS all worked up. and they go after those who don't have body guards. Hire your attorney Sinead and make her publicly apologize. Miley is a smart @ss who has no respect for herself or others. IT'S ALL ABOUT HER! you will never be a Madonna
    Miley. NEVER!

October 4, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • BlahBLAHblah

Why should MILEY be a ROLE MODEL for your DAMN KIDS ?
      They re your ST00pid kids , not Myley s

You f..... NiNNiE

October 6, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Mada

They're both in the wrong here.

It was nice that Sinead reached out, albeit harshly, and rather poor of Miley to respond the way she did (the mental health comments were out of line). After that though, Sinead needed to back off. She's being trolled by a trollop and whatever support she might've had in her initial position is rapidly fading if not gone.

October 4, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Kelly Frances

In terms of opinion, I found Sinead to have charismatic depth, complexity and artistry at a time when all the women in music had big bleached hair and were coming off Madonna's boy-toy era. She walked into the West and did some serious things that were considered as far away from "pretty" as you could get, yet she was beautiful, soulful, brilliant. That voice. She is an artist. No one can argue with her talent. Emperor's new clothes spoke volumes about a serious issue among our young women. It is still my favourite of it's kind. The video is terrible, but the song is amazing. She was not a one hit wonder. Sinead was an enigma whose full-clothed bodily actions stole the show from Madonna, of all people. She is an activist, and advocate for things bigger than herself. She also appears to be humble. It was nice to see her reach out to a kid.

IMHO, Miley is annoying and classless. I couldn't get halfway through her most recent interview. I used to find her beautiful, full of potential and interesting – even after she cut her hair, perhaps more so. It was lovely she got in great shape. Now, she is as boring as every other stunt-flower in Hollywood. Maybe it's my age. Hiding in Taylor Swift's shadow...

October 4, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • JusSayin

Thumbs up, Kelly Frances.

October 5, 2013 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
    • tom

wonderful comment kids should listen before engaging their mouths and should have respect for anyone with an illness if it sold records she ( Miley ) would be holding sick peoples hands on the regular hospital visits she would make

October 5, 2013 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen Santelli

I completely agree with you, Kelly.

October 5, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • BLAHblahBLAH

YEAH
      B...ITCH
      it is your age

WHO ASKED YOU ?

you re a Nobody

October 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  75. HateToAdmit

I hate to say it...particularly because I think Miley Cyrus is pretty disgusting right now, but she sure handed it to Sinead...gotta admit, she (or whomever is posting for her) has a point.

October 4, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jay

I think Miley's twitter responses are priceless. She's stickin' it to a has been for opening her mouth about something that was none of her business. Sinead is like a B movie from the 90's and Miley is an A lister in the 21st century! Nothhiingg Compaaares.....

October 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Merino

Priceless to mock a person suffering from mental illness? It's tragic. Miley's ignorance is the only thing priceless about her.

October 4, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom

And you actually believe what you are saying ......... SAD ........

October 5, 2013 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  77. Jay

Miley – 5
    Sinead – 0

And in other news Miley Cyrus went fishing the other day with her father, in a moment of fun and laughter Miley reeled in Sinead O'Connor not once but hooked her 5 times in a row with little to no bait at all.....

October 4, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Happy

Mental Breakdown? Yea right.

October 4, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Tired

Go away Miley! I am so tired of you! Sinnead's video was groundbreaking and she didn't need to hump a wreckingball to achieve it. I look forward to the day you suffer YOUR mental breakdown (and you will) and cry about how mean everyone is!

October 4, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Sinead O'Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U – 58,000,000 Views in 4 Years
      Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball – 187,000,000 Views in 3 Weeks

Do the math on which video is more ground breaking! We all live in a democracy and the people have spoken!

October 4, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really

Jay, are you also counting all of the views Nothing Compares 2 U recieved on MTV and VH1 in the months/years after it was released, or just the views it has received on YouTube? You're really making any apples to oranges comparison there.

October 4, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emvaz

Jay, we live in an Oligarchy not a Democracy. Aside from that, I believe Immortal Technique said it best that "Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal".

October 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  80. DD

Sinead should not have ever tried to "help". She quite honestly just made a mess of things and then has to try to make herself look like a victim. She is in no place to give anyone advice if she's fighting with someone half her age. A person giving true advice would actually care about the person they're giving advice to. Sinead obviously does not care at all about Miley or she wouldn't have written a public letter to her..she would have tried to make a private meeting to talk to her in person. Miley is only 20 years old. We all make mistakes and need to learn from them in life..no one is exempt. You can't tell people what to do..they have to learn and experience life for themselves. Miley posting things about Sinead wasn't the best move and she should have just ignored Sinead.. but maybe she's just trying to say that Sinead giving advice is futile because she's no better. Did Sinead ever stop to think that she made the situation worse and hurt Miley by publicly embarrassing her with some letter out of no where?!?! She should have tried to do something privately..

October 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronin

She had to, Miley mentioned Sinead was a role model of hers. Miley was in the wrong here and keeps showing her ignorance.

October 5, 2013 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  81. Soprano Fan

SINEAD.... I read where you once stated you wanted a guy that (something along these lines, I forget the exact verbage) – you want a guy who is sweet and perpetually and constantly ready to "get it on".... something like that... Well, here I AM. Sure, Miley may be doable, but YOU are the real catch. Hit me up babe...

October 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mike huskey

O conner making since. ms cyrus being mislead by pimps. the pimps aren't your friends ms cyrus. that is the truth. you are being lead towards disaster. they will laugh when it happens. they will say, took another sucker down.

October 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  83. BlueDestiny

Agree, Sinead should have clammed up when Miley took the low road. The latter should surprise nobody as Miley has clearly taken that path and is fully engulfed by it. Sinead will be vindicated, as she noted, when Miley blows up in self-destructive glory, and till then, shouldn't be lowering herself to Miley's juvenile level. Sinead reached out, it was rejected, so be it, let Miley blow up.

October 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Ray

Hey, I got an idea. Just mind your own business.

October 4, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  85. GailS

I think it's time for Sinead to shut up and just go away. Did she not start this by posting the first letter, "reaching" out to Miley? Did she honestly think that Miley was going to embrace her? I don't approve of everything Miley does, but come one, she's 20!!! Sinead thinks that Miley is bad, but then Sinead flips off and uses swear words in her responses? Oh yeah, Sinead, that's real mature! I agree with someone else who posted her – Sinead's meds need to be increased and maybe next time instead of taking up a young 20 year old girl as her "cause", she should take a good look at her own life and she what she can do to improve!

October 4, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronin

Nope. Miley started it, and Sinead responded politely the first time with some good advice.

October 5, 2013 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  86. shut up

shut up sinead, you should have never posted the stupid letter in the first place. your prescription needs to be upped immediately and i dont mean that in an insulting way. but you are stupid for starting some stupid fight.

October 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Json

Oh man, if you only knew could tell how petty and small you seem to most of society.

October 5, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  87. miley sucks

I sided with Sinead up to the lawyer-threatening part. She was eloquent up to that cringe-inducing threat. Re-posting tweets from someone's past that make them feel bad is so low. This is what happens when you argue with an immature celebrity twenty-something via social networking. At this point, O'Connor should stop. We get it- Miley sucks and it'll take about ten years or the money drying out before she realizes how stupid she is.

October 4, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronin

But it's true, such negative press can affect a person's talents and profession enough to the point where a lawyer may be necessary.

October 5, 2013 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Derp

Sinead doesn't have any talent nor a career anymore so what could it possibly hurt? A lawyer is only necessary for a divorce or corporate takeover, not a twitter fight.

October 5, 2013 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  88. Faxquo

The irrelevant preaching to the irreverent !

October 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |