Britney Spears: New video couldn't be too sexy, I'm a mom
October 4th, 2013

Britney Spears: New video couldn't be too sexy, I'm a mom

Britney Spears shows plenty of skin in the new music video for her single "Work B***h," but the star says what the public's seen is actually the tame version.

"We showed way more skin and did way more stuff for the video than what is actually there. I cut out like half the video because I am a mother," the 31-year-old told Boston radio station AMP 103.3.

Spears has two sons with ex Kevin Federline, and they're now old enough to make their own appearances on the set. In the music video for her contribution to the "Smurfs 2" soundtrack, Spears included Jayden James, 7, and Sean Preston, 8.

"I have children, and it’s just hard to play sexy mom while you’re being a pop star as well," Spears said.

Admittedly, "a lot of sex goes into what I do," the entertainer went on. So while her colleagues might want her to go for sex appeal, Spears herself wishes she could go back to the "old days, where it was just one outfit through the video and you're just dancing through the whole video, and there's not much sex stuff going on."

But as she looks ahead to her residency in Las Vegas, Spears is trying to strike a balance. "I just have to be true to myself, and feel it out," she said.

Filed under: Britney Spears • Celebrities • Music

1. Here

thanks

October 9, 2013 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Md

Hi

October 9, 2013 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Peace ☮

Idk about her "music", but she looks really good in that pic.

October 7, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mike

Yeah...there you go! Encourage more young women to "take a trip" because in the end you'll be alright. Greatest pop star? Wow....I think you've taken a trip as well!

October 4, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Addmitted her addictions...

left her abusive man and found another and looks wonderful... Her dancing is on tap. We want women who are survivors too look at Britney as an example of how you can be sooo dysfunctional in life and finally get your act together.

New Man, Career is strong and she is one of the greatest pop stars since Madonna - All the best dear.

October 4, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • billy ray bogus

Being called a great pop star just means your music sucks so bad they have to force it downyour throat on top 40 radio to teeens who have no taste in real music. Britney sucks almost as bad as Miley.

October 5, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • tara winslow

I was always cheering for Britney! True talent, real beauty and charisma. She figured out the whole Hollywood thing without losing herself completely–good for you, Brit!

I wish I could say the same for that disgusting, buck-toothed moron making headlines today. Unlike Britney, soon no one will remember that "thing's" name.

October 7, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |