Simon Cowell won't watch his baby's birth
September 25th, 2013

Simon Cowell won't watch his baby's birth

When Simon Cowell's baby is born, the "X Factor" judge won't be watching.

He'll be close by, as Cowell told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show Tuesday, but he's not interested in getting up close and personal with girlfriend Lauren Silverman when she delivers their first child together.

"I know it sounds awful, but it's a little like you don't want to go into the restaurant while they're making your dinner," Cowell explained. "I just think there are certain things you shouldn't see, and that is one of them. I'll be very close by, but ... no."

Don't take that as a sign that Cowell, 53, isn't excited about being a dad. Although he always thought he would never become a parent, now that a baby is on the way, he's warmed up to the idea. (Which, yeah, we guess he'd have to at this point.)

"I genuinely never thought (fatherhood) was going to happen," he told Seacrest. "I was scared of who I was going to have kids with, whether I would get along with them or not. ... (Lauren) and I get along really, really well. Once I got used to the idea, I thought, 'This is going to be really good.'"

And it sounds like Cowell is in for the long haul - potentially even marriage. "Let's put it this way," Cowell responded when asked if he'd ask Lauren to marry him. "I wouldn't expect her to be a single mother."

Filed under: Celebrities • Simon Cowell

1. 50

they are hot for each other–leave them alone

October 20, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. What

What's so vulgar about the delivery of a new life? Suck it up.

October 20, 2013 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. RichDix

I agree with Simon. Getting Dad out of the delivery room is one less big distraction. Then there's the old saying "if you love sausage don't do a tour of a sausage factory".

October 7, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gort1

M.A.P.....youre disgusting...are you a 12 year old boy? Hopefully you dont have kids and if you do, your wife slaps the crap out of you for saying that.

September 29, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sherri

Click 'report abuse' each and every time you see these spammers on these boards. I'm real tired of them. Can we please get them off here?

September 26, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. pinky tuscadero

Now we have Simon Cowell's evil spawn soon to be unleashed.

September 26, 2013 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Your not Pinky

he's better off with pinky...she does not make a career out of lies..

September 26, 2013 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. M.A.P.

I don't blame him, the process of childbirth is absolutely disgusting and in no way a miracle. The blood, juices, screaming, chu-nks of flesh, the after-birth. It's enough to make anyone vom-it.

September 26, 2013 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • earl j. waggadorn

I know your dad puked when you were born.

September 26, 2013 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Nice name, waggedom! Fool! If I had that name I would be running for the DMV!

September 26, 2013 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. BlueDestiny

I hope he gets some common sense. Since when in the modern day do we let loved ones go through trauma and life-changing events without being a part of it or at their side in full support? I'm sorry, but he's all wet.

September 25, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom

He did say he wouldn't be by her side. I think he just doesn't want to stand at the end of the bed and watch the birth happen. Lots of dads I know choose to watch their wife and not their child at the time of birth.

October 12, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom

Sorry that is supposed to say that didn't say that he wouldn't be at her side.

October 12, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |