Richard Gere splits from wife, and more news to note
September 25th, 2013

Richard Gere splits from wife, and more news to note

Today's news you might've missed:

• After reportedly living apart for "some time," Richard Gere and his wife of 11 years, Carey Lowell, have made their split more official. A "friend" of the couple tells People magazine that they've separated. Gere's rep has no comment. [People]
  • Here's hoping new couple Nina Dobrev and Derek Hough have better luck with love - if they are in fact dating. [Us Weekly]
  • Wealthy fans of Nirvana - or at least those with good enough credit to get a loan - will want to pay attention: Kurt Cobain's childhood home is up for sale. The Seattle-area bungalow is listed for $500,000. [NBC News]
  • According to "Bond" author William Boyd, the "Bond" films are starring the wrong Daniel. Rather than feature Daniel Craig as 007, they really should've tapped Daniel Day-Lewis. [Telegraph]
  • But here's a role you can't argue about being miscast: Bryan Cranston will return to "How I Met Your Mother" as Hammond Druthers. [E!]
  • And while Cranston's doing that, his "Breaking Bad" co-star Aaron Paul is going to star in the movie version of the popular video game, "Need for Speed."

Filed under: While you were working

1. Johnny 5

It's off to the pet shop for more gerbils again Mr Gere.

October 24, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. twomorrow

Twomorrow I luv ya twomorrow you only a dayyyyyyy a wayyy!!!!!

Curtain down applause and cast takes their bow

October 5, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LilyGru

What's the deal with so many people using "too" instead of "to"? I know it is only a comment section but it is so sad how spelling has deteriorated. No, I am not an English major either, just trying to teach my 6-year old the difference and she is picking up on it.

October 5, 2013 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Too vs To

There are just too many of the same mistake. I suspect it is the same person posting too many times, with too many errors!

October 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gladace

I wish Richard the best. Watch out for gold diggers.

October 4, 2013 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. find out if he assisted them in conspiracy

Thanks. Dig further

October 4, 2013 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  6. phantom235

Gere is an arrogant has-been who is beyond selfcenteredness. Wife should be grateful

October 4, 2013 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Richard Gere is burned out and needs

somebody too trust...thank god he let this wife go once and for all. He had the guts too do it. He saw nothing was happening and he did it Good for him...now he can go free, get therapy before he meets another woman.

October 4, 2013 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ricahrd Gere commands respect...

can imagine the fking nerve-business as usual American Giggolo

October 4, 2013 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bimbo43

I have never in my life seen an awful union as this.....Richard at least had the guts too take a stand and get rid of her once and for all with kids. She is not what women should be admiring and looking up too especially with computer addiction

October 4, 2013 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Worst compatibility i have ever seen in my life....

2 life jackets required and he needs tons of therapy on his own.

October 4, 2013 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Benjamin Sheffield

....I'm still waiting on the first news to note.

October 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sue

Everyone saw it coming and the fans will support Richard during this terrible time

October 3, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. What can one say....

I am happy for Richard Gere and his wife...tjhey can move on now too other situations.

October 3, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Unhealthy and Toxic Union

within 2 years everything went wrong-good luck too both. You will meet others and be free again.

October 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jane

Technically he has been unhappy and sad most of the marriage...let's hope the new girl he is dating will bring
    the poor dear back too where he should be.

October 3, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Right Now

According too local reports it started out ok then in flopped very fast. No sure why but in the end it was not working
    so it was time too go.......

October 3, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Most dysfunctional

Truthfully i do not approve of divorce but he had too do it "now".

October 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. On His Own...

we love richard gere sooo terribly .. .sorry for the divorce but according too him it just was not happening anymore

October 3, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Very few marriages work if the are forced and or set up

this was one of them. All the best too both and i am SURE Richard will be fine.

October 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Worst Marriage Going On For Over a Decade

It was beyond dysfunctional and we are so happy he is free too see others and so is his ex wife. compatibility is always and issue.

October 3, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Poor Hacker Tea Bagger Caught

Love Joe-good riddans...

October 3, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  22. PoorLittleWInkie

Look... Richard has a little one... no woman is going to hang around with that for very long... He needs to "come out" and accept his role in the jungle... the bottom.

October 3, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace 50

We are soooo happy Richard is moving and finally locating a better personal life.

October 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. annieR

A VERY reliable source told me that Richard heard I'm single again. YEAH!!!....Sorry, Carrie...but I've loved Richard since...well....F O R E V E R! ....

October 3, 2013 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. The Wife

A reputation for lying .... huge

October 2, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  25. Cam Mom

We are so happy he is OUT--saw her mother...chubbo

October 2, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  26. Caroline

Ever see her in a pair of jeans...i hear she wore them at her heaviest. Gross

October 2, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  27. The Poor Man

She was a cold women...end of story.

October 2, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  28. Probably the worst union i have ever seen....

with that huge rear they told me she actually wore jeans.

October 2, 2013 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  29. tcaros

She probably needs a crane to get his old crank up.

October 2, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  30. Manipulation, LIes

will never work in any type of union...the person says they will change and never do....they are addicted too the game
    not the solution. Kudos too Richard...he is still attractive and will meet another woman

October 2, 2013 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  31. She was in a fog about the relationship not working...

Richard too a stand and said enough...i can respect that.

October 2, 2013 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. Living like bother and sister.

I find that ridiculous...sooooooo glad he made the decision too get out...

October 2, 2013 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  33. Not Compatible

at all....that is what we heard

October 2, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  34. Worst Union...

manipulation, dysfunction .– at least he realized she would never change and bid her farewell.

October 2, 2013 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  35. Crappy Daughter in Law

and all the other issues for the last 12 years-he tolerated it BUT he finally bid her farewell

October 2, 2013 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  36. If Richard behaves...

she will take another 10 lbs off pronto...otherwise she is popular the way she is.

September 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. China Mike

Guess R.G.'s Buddhist thought just couldn't get around the reality of his situation. Better go sit and meditate on this a while American Gigolo.

September 30, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Most Non Compatible Union

Thank god its over.

September 30, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  39. The EP Iin Group are a bunch of fking hackers...the are attached.

since 3am

September 30, 2013 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. Majorbatguano

Who gets custody of the Gerbil ?

September 29, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • bones1918

I was literally about to write this same comment word for word and you beat me to it. Well played, sir.

September 30, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • MajorBatguano

Bones, thank you Sir, I knew I would not be the only one who immediately considered that question when they read that headline

October 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-Bone

Never fear Majorbatguano,I'm sure you and bones1918 can still share custody.

October 17, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. guys

Just give her the finger through the phone lense

September 29, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  42. Gere's wife

Can you imagine being stuck with this for that long? ... Good luck Richard and Amen

September 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jane

Its easy too talk the talk from the other side of the screen-until your girlfriend interrupts your kik conversations.

September 27, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Richard Gere

needs too be around better suited women. i hope he does not become gay because of this experience.

September 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • liberal disease

the most out spoken liberals who are always telling people what's best for them seem to be the ones who cannot manage their own lives..

September 28, 2013 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • She does not like too FK

I do...big difference.

September 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  45. t

Janine finds her low end....you win when not figured out..not when figured out.

September 27, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  46. Thank God

I have never seen anything like this in my life. I am so happy for both they finally did what they had too do too move forward
    and live again

September 27, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  47. MooLoost Story---Fantasy

Steal something from my resume Map.

September 27, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I can just imagine it now;

2012-2013 – Spent all my time writing nonsensical posts for the CNN Marquee Blog, effectively repelling any normal sane people from taking part in the conversations. Responsabilities included: insulting anyone who dares express their opinion. Writing postings that make absolutely no sense and have nothing to do with the article. Being generally a total d!ck and annoying people for no reason.

September 27, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Just saw my parents

shut up

September 27, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  48. M.A.P.

I need help with my resume. Can someone write one for me and post it on here? Thanks in advance for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

September 27, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  49. Weird arrangement...

whatever.

September 26, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Boo

He can bond - its the last gig–retiring.

September 26, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Robert Mischief

Need for Speed? Do we really need one of those? We already have Fast and the Furious and that train wreck of a series.
    I love Daniel Day Lewis, but I don't think he could really be Bond...

September 26, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  52. The marriage

went well for awhile then it became a dud for some reason....wonder why?

September 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Not UT.....UBimbo

Nail her on Camera Hack. and post its...

September 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jane

after 16 years he is leaving her - something went wrong and it has too be going at least 12 of 16 years for him too give up

September 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  55. rony

I think it should be noted that Richard Gere and Carey Lowell dated for 5 years before they got married.So that means they were together for 16 years.

September 26, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

they still did not make it–wonder what something so right went kerplunk...unless he or she did not really love each other and just went with the motions--who knows only the dysfunctional couple knows what went wrong

September 26, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Cam44

Richard has been around a very long time. I always felt he was compatible too Julia Roberts. No because of their movie but i have seen them in interviews and they appeared too like each other alot. At least he realized this one was not good for him and is moving on.

September 26, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. El Slobbo

I am sure they love each at one time....they went down the isle for goodness sakes....it just didn't work out.

September 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Not a very good match

They were not compatible-

September 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dysfunctional Union

They have been leading separate lives for a long time. Richard is still hot for an older man he will find a lady friend..she is alright someone will put up with her again

September 26, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. They have been separated

for a long time..

September 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. troll buster

Ha! Bet you guys miss me now. Blog is just full of trolls and dating sites, like I predicted. You can thank the troll vixen for stopping my troll busting. Didn't she say she was done trolling? Ask M.A.P. how she enjoyed being trolled, especially after she stopped her "other" commentary. I commend you M.A.P. for that. The blog complained, and you listened. Kudos for that. Vixen should have never said anything about me, either. I was here to do the work everyone was crying for. Now, the garbage on the blog is totally on her. I think everyone should thank her. This has been a Marqueeland public announcement.

September 26, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

We need you troll buster! We need you to lead the blog out of this MESS! I am also proud of myself for biting the bullet and stopping the annoyingness. That's called DECENCY! Something Vixen the hypocrite knows VERY little about.

September 26, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Hey M.A.P. Do you have a job and does your boss know what you do all day?

September 26, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

@jujubeans – YES and NO.

September 27, 2013 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • sue

Nothing.

September 27, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JellyBean @ Map

did you get that lie also?

September 26, 2013 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

What lie? Are you actually READING the crazy talk posts? Hehe

September 26, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@M.A.P.

Oh he ll no, dude. You can tell that is a troll because I spell out your whole name. These imature spam mod bot posts are ridiculous.

September 26, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I should've known, this desperate hack will do anything to get a response from anyone! Such a desperate sad little hacking w-hore.

September 26, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@M.A.P.

Cound not agree with you more.

September 26, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  63. JellyBean

What is up with all these juvenile spam mod bot posts? Come on, CNN.

September 26, 2013 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  64. M.A.P.

So excited about the last Breaking Bad episode this Sunday!!!! OMG it's gonna be a bloodbath!

September 26, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  65. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

$500,000? I'm a big Nirvana fan but even I wouldn't pay that much.

September 25, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey there! Did ya look at the pic of that house? It's assessed for under $67,000. Wth is she thinking? Lol!
      What's up w/all the dating & the "non-sense troll" stuff again? It wasn't 1/2 bad here before I left. (We took a rd trip, northern MI is getting colorful. :) )
      Any-hoo, hope you're doing good!

September 25, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Peace! Was kinda wondering where you and Sadie have been. Cool that you took a road trip. I saw that house in person one time (I was up in the Seattle area to go to some concerts, one of which was Pearl Jam ( and they were totally awesome!), and as a fan I went to a number of places). From what I saw from the outside there is no way I'd even consider paying that much for it. She must be out of her damn mind. Perhaps she snorted a tu rd with extra NUTS in it.

September 25, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

She won't get half a million for it unless some insanely rich crazy person buys it for novolty value. The old van Nirvana used to haul their equipment around in was being sold and they wanted some ridiculous amount for it, and noone bought it. Nirvana were great, but I don't see how moving into his childhool house would bring you closer to Kurt – he's been dead for 20 years. I settled for meeting Courtney.

September 26, 2013 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Just pay her

and be gone already...he needs too find out if julia roberts is available...they made a cute couple

September 27, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. M.A.P.

Gross, I hate sportsbars. You must be a real low class hoe.

September 26, 2013 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  67. M.A.P.

You must be sooo smart for figuring that out "gangnam style". You must be some kind of reta-rded fish, no?

September 26, 2013 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  68. JellyBean@M.A.P.

I know it's completely ridiculous. I can't believe The Marquee lets this kind of cr ap continue. They should have commenters log in.

September 26, 2013 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  69. Moderator

The web management considered deleting the spam comments, but upon careful review it was determined the nonsensical comments were the most intelligent remarks on the board, so instead we deleted your post.

September 26, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ellen

For your information, M.A.P. is an unrepentant flaming h0m0sechsual residing in Berlin. While I disagree with most his principles, he definitely is principled and seems to know a lot about the entertainment industry. Please provide relevant commentary to the topic and refrain from ad hominem attacks. Those are reserved to me alone.

September 26, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jodie

after all our research.– we have voted possible lez.- truth

September 26, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  72. M.A.P.

Whoa! Did I nearly get a tiny bit of credit from Ellen? This is my lucky day!!!

September 27, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  73. ^ tinfoil hat whackjob ^

Paranoid much, loser?

September 26, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. M.A.P.

Yes I did and it was disgusting and messy. The carpet was covered in cat vom-it and your couch smells like human ur-ine. Your so lazy and fat I don't think you have EVER cleaned your disgusting house.

September 27, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  75. M.A.P.

BWAHAHAHAHA! you really are the most pathetic loser ive ever met on a message board. And Ive met a lot of fukking losers on message boards.

Everyone tells me that they hate you and they all wish you would die. I would rather keep tormenting you forever so please don't jump off a roof anytime soon.

P-S- SUCK SH!T.

September 27, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  76. M.A.P.

I've got it – and I had it before you even knew what IT was. So don't even try lecturing me you lazy pig.

September 27, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  77. JellyBeab@M.A.P.

Heh heh heh. Kick azz M.A.P. !

September 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Map.45

Your ass gets kicked around all day long. take a break hon.

September 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Crappy daughter in law...

plus all the other problems....

October 2, 2013 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  80. Crappy Daughter in Law

October 2, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  81. So True M.A.P.

Oh you got it alright....take care.....

October 3, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |