At 42, Jada Pinkett-Smith reflects on past addiction
September 25th, 2013

At 42, Jada Pinkett-Smith reflects on past addiction

Hindsight is 20/20, and at 42 Jada Pinkett-Smith has clarity on her past addictions.

The actress and singer celebrated her 42nd birthday on September 18, and she reflected on Facebook the wisdom that age has brought.

"What I learned about myself is this," she told her fans. "(W)hen I was younger I was not a good problem solver, meaning I had a very difficult time with dealing with my problems in life. I had many addictions, of several kinds, to deal with my life issues."

But these days, "at 42, I have my wisdom, my heart and my conscience as the only tools to overcome life's inevitable obstacles."

Some of those inevitable obstacles may include press coverage of her marriage to superstar Will Smith. The couple have been the subject of a number of rumors over the years, including recent ones that they were headed toward a divorce or in an open marriage.

"Will and I can both do whatever we want, because we trust each other to do so," Pinkett-Smith said earlier this year. "This does not mean that we have an open relationship. This means that we have a grown one."

While she might have handled such speedbumps differently in the past, these days, Pinkett-Smith says she has "the tools" to be "a good problem solver ... and I am damn proud."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. pete peters

She was addicted to being naked with other women 7x / week- but now only 3-4x per week. That no videos have yet turned up is quite disappointing....

October 15, 2013 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Another Win for Ole Madge

Take care hon

October 11, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Report the bimbo...she has no clue she is shielded out

thanks

October 11, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chaz

easy to have an addiction when you can afford it...try having one when you can't. Now THAT is newsworthy

October 8, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Slay

hm. like having a shopping addiction when you can't 'afford' it? what the hell are you talking about.

October 11, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Same scenario your blocked and so is janina and joey

my funds are blocked what you see is too get the hack-you ask people for deeds and 89.00...

no resume, no job...worry about that hon...we have it all in control on this side of the computer kay?

October 11, 2013 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. rlm

I am tired of how proud people are of quitting an addiction. There are millions of wonderful people who never touch drugs. People who have back pain and suffer rather than become addicted because they have self respect and kids. I know it is hard to quit but that is why you do not take illegal drugs or over prescribed drugs.

October 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJagger

Seriously? True addiction, NOT vice...but true addiction...is a serious and life threatening disease. There are people who get through life without substance abuse? Great for them. But some people have to go through this. I did. I was on oxycontin and heroin and alcohol for years to get through guilt and job loss, and deaths in my family. I'm not proud of it. I turned everyone in my life against me, but i got help because I WANTED TO BE BETTER. You better be DAMN proud of people who get clean in spite of being told they would never change.

Your ignorance in this comment peals out like a bell. I'd suggest you get it right before you mouth off from your soap box.

October 10, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • My thoughts

JJagger. That is not fair of you to say. How do you know the struggles other people have and NOT do drugs? Drugs may be a temporary easy way out, but it calls all kinds of people and some resist with all they have and make it. Good for you for quitting, you should be proud. And good for whomeever out there faces hardships and never starts, they should be proud too.

October 15, 2013 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. 13

That ended that...didn't it.

October 4, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. ?

drug user still walking without ever being arrested, and been paid millions which went to funnel illegal activity, meanwhile others harrassed over jaywalking....

October 4, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  8. t

I have another galaxy your a bimbo

September 27, 2013 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ray

Funny but she left out money, when you are filthy rich you get a pampered rehab. Most addicts don't.

September 27, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

She was never an addict – she's an attention seeker just like her loser scientologist husband.

September 27, 2013 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. It's not about the call bimbo fake or real

we are interested YOUR illegal behavior WITHOUT permission. granted by ME.

September 26, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. does not matter if the call was real or fake...gotta get the hack

bimbo

September 26, 2013 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bingo....Now check too see iif it is real

Have to admit your story is "colorful" lol, but I'm sure it's only the bad points and you also probably made a lot of good experiences also. Hang in there and maybe focus on your health and yourself for a change, you can't change anyone else . Take care

September 26, 2013 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jodie was filed at 4am...

we received all roiutings of all her hacks....she does not get it does she.....

September 26, 2013 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. hodie dummie 44

we got her at 4am......i comment for my health....win 50

September 26, 2013 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. Richard

What do I care what a person too stupid to avoid drugs have to say? They are all losers.

September 26, 2013 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. Skype on bimbo coverage...

and then i can go.....how stupid is eeee

September 25, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Print and File

New schedule....my hacked in machines will be shut down...you guys feel she is a liar and needs too be babysat.-

go ahead.

September 25, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. where are you bimbo?

We needed one more hack for the month of september?

September 25, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. The Next Room Watch

He must be there that is why she did not motor in for 7 hours

September 25, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Your hurting son...

we have too get you too trust again...

September 25, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Keep going at dear...you've gone so far with this project...ha

sfgsdfgvbvfgdfg on 'Blacklist' vs. 'Hostages': Fall TV face-off
    dsfgsdfvcbvfdg on Leah Remini: Church of Scientology wants me to fail
    fgsdgsdcvbcv on Kanye West: I'm the No. 1 rock star – on the planet
    dsgsdvcdfgsdffg on Kaley Cuoco's sis tried ou

September 25, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. print and file

looks like you lost again-Mach machines for Skype party so we can make fun of our hacker.

September 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. If he allows you too control him...

its his fault...but you are a bitter person and need assistance with the tool your addicted too. hopefully one day you will realize it until them your monitored honey-we do not want women too feel this is the way too go too keep a man.

your way does not work-i am too busy but you will have a baby sitter because you lie too much and you hack into
    other peoples business.

its not like you ever won this match–as long as you and your bimbettes felon around - i win.

September 25, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Hacking Updates As Follows

Mommy motor in confirmed
    tommy2 computer man on bimbo's big droopy rear

Your a bimbo-you are of no example too women we do not want women folloiwing your bitter path...you are of no example to us....your are addicted too your machine and cannot stop it. I am too busy but you will have a babysitter and why because you lie through your teeth and one thing in cannot stomach is a compulsive liar.

September 25, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Mommy Caroline Motor Confirmed and filed...

No motor with the girls tonight bimbo?

September 25, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Go type the resume...

k?

September 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nike

She made Will look stupid again in front of eveyrone....the funny part is you still do it.

September 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. palintwit

Bristol Palin's next novel should be hitting bookstore shelves soon. Her recent memoirs about her life as a drunk, pregnant teenager sold an astounding 1,500 copies and buoyed by this success she has worked very hard to write the sequel. Her adoring public expects no less because after all, the Palin family is known for not being quitters.

And related news in the literary world has Sarah Palin hosting another book signing event this weekend. Tens of people are expected to show up.

September 25, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  29. M.A.P.

YAAAAWN. She boring. At least mention WHICH drug you were on. Or admit that your a Scientologist.

September 25, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. Biggest fan ever

Wow, she plays around in an open marriage? Doesn't she have kids? I wonder how discrete she is. I'd like to laminate her womb so Will has to slosh around my sloppy seconds.

September 25, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |