Sandra Bullock: Motherhood before Hollywood
September 17th, 2013

Sandra Bullock: Motherhood before Hollywood

Sandra Bullock's sci-fi thriller "Gravity" is easily one of the most-anticipated movies of the fall, and early reviews hint this could also be one of her best.

But if the project and its reception somehow negatively interrupted her life with three-year-old son Louis, Bullock has no problem with leaving Hollywood in her rear view.

“I think this business can take the child out of kids so quickly,” the 49-year-old actress tells Vogue in its October issue. “I don’t want him to have pressures brought on by what I do. I will quit. I will leave. If I see whatever I’m doing affecting him negatively, I will pack up and move to Alaska.”

Yet Bullock is that kind of celebrity - the sort of star who, by all appearances, is unfazed by fame and uninterested in spotlight. When it comes to planning her career post-Oscar, the actress is at complete ease.

“I’m just sort of seeing where life goes,” she tells the magazine. “If all of a sudden someone said, ‘You have five more kids,’ I’d be totally OK with it ... I’m having such an amazing time. Whatever comes our way, we handle as a family. It’s not just me anymore.”

While gossip sometimes tries to pin her down with a partner (the latest rumor being her "Gravity" co-star, George Clooney, expressing interest), the "Blind Side" actress is content that her life is lining up as it's meant to - divorce from cheating ex Jesse James included.

“We’re all where we’re supposed to be,” Bullock says. “I am exactly where I want to be now. You can’t go backward. I’m not going backward. I’m grateful that I’m here, blessed to have what I have. Nobody can be prepared for anything. If you end up in a place where you can look back and go, ‘It happened, but I’m so lucky to be sitting where I am sitting.'"

Filed under: Celebrities • Sandra Bullock

1. Art Dina

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there.

googleimages.us

November 15, 2013 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. teresa

Sandra is smart not to get hooked up with Clooney. He has not marriage intentions with any woman and Sandra has a kid to raise. she doesn't want to raise a womanizer.

September 29, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. You sabotaged him again on the web last night...

we know the fking story .... who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....You hacked in one month after it happened....stoopid

September 29, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. The famous story a few years ago...

We know the fking story ...you didn't need too tell everyone and then expect too be respected....get lost

September 29, 2013 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. What she is saying she has so called funds sh-t

and can provide a better financial life....he's a man for the love of God-She does not have the grace of the Miss Bullock as we have witnessed.....wave in the little peep hole all....

September 29, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hacked into Phone Call

wave at the camera everyone--

September 29, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. ernie polee

i've been 2 alaska. it is oneof the prettiest & nicest places in the u.s. alaska has 4 seasons just as well as anyother place in the u.s. yes, the winters are extremely cold, crank up the heater & dress warm! it's a great place to raise children! don't knock alaska if you've not been there. ms. bullock can raise her kid anywhere she pleases. as long as she loves & be a mother to him. she gave that little boy a home & a good life. that's more than i can say for a lot of other people. why y'all coming down on her and talking about her like that. can't sat nothing good,don't speak @ all. geeeesh! not fair! not nice. :-( disappointed in you negative speaking folks!!!!

September 29, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • The real Miss Bullock

has class–this is what we want women too follow.

September 29, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • She refers her husband as her child...

another worthless comment not relating too the legend Ms. Bullock

September 29, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. RCDC

Ms Bullock is a nice woman. I respect her.

September 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. T.rex

"America's Sweethear", moving to Alaska??? Please let it come to pass.

September 26, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Conceited---

No No No hon....we call this class. you have trust issues and that will be our first project as friends.

September 25, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. Print and File

Win 50-–From Right Now Hack Up Until Meal

September 25, 2013 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. You see bimbo44???? Now you make your boyfriend look stupid in front of everyone again...then again he followed it

Can i go please...its too funny...

September 25, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. You see bimbo44???? Now you make you boyfriend look stupid in front of everyone again...then again he followed it

You never win with Maggie...especially if your a hack.

September 25, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. Lovely Woman/Actress/Career/Kids

I love Ms. Bullock because she sets an example too all women. We want young women too pay attention too her also. This is what I love too see, I love women who are doing well, able too move on from a lousy relationship, kids career and now find another man. The woman is very classy.

September 25, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Hacking updates...10:22 am

1.. post it hack (resolved)
    2. right now (went right back too bimbo)
    3. chatbox fking around (right back too her)

the lipstick gets alot darker and the shoes get alot higher in the winter-get use too it bimbo

September 25, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mary Ann

Alaska is not the place to raise your child,Sarah Palin had her litter there and look how bad they turned out.New England or upstate New York would be a much better choice.

September 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Keena

Come on up to AK, Sandra! Alaskans value individualism. And, if you ever need to go shopping, Seattle is only a plane ride away.

September 22, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. shelia parker

Sandra, please don't take your son to Alaska....it is the home state of sarah palin. You don't want that, negatively is alive and well in Alaska. That state is worst than Mississippi.

September 22, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue smith

Alaska doesn't want the negativity, we can do without it, Sarah is enough

September 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • win50

Alaska has wonderful people there....they do not want negative bimbo hacks ruining everything

report at 10:26am.

September 25, 2013 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. Lisa

People act like Alaska is in some foreign country. We are part of the United States and have been since 1958.

September 22, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue smith

Thank you!!! What an ignorant thing for a smart star like her to say.

September 24, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • sami

absolutely! don't ever upset with them, they are empty-headed, stubborn and pig-ignorant! so please don't give
      a dame about it.

September 26, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cablevision Security

No...Sami...its good tech....get the steppin

September 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marny CA

I believe it's not necessarily the location but how the child is treated and taught and loved and respected.

There are people no matter where Ms Bullock raises Louis who will frown on the biracial relationship.

There are children who come from a 2 parent mother/father biological and beautiful home with a stay-at-home-parent who will find a way to muck up their lives.

It's probably the luck of the draw - just enjoy the parent/child and do your best – and then go from there down the road.

September 28, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. mvc bimbo on project was tracked.

bust right through it...

September 21, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Joanna50

mv

mvc bimbo on project was tracked.

September 21, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bull

Move to Alaska , really ? The kid will just love you for that come winter.

September 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lovely Woman/Actress/Career/Kids

September 19, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Meeta

The bad script is going on way more then 3 years.

September 19, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Shaneeka

That might be one of the babies I gave to adoption. I hope celebrities adopt all my babies!

September 19, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jubei

Finally. Someone that puts her kids ahead of her needs. She's not a narcissist like more of these people in Hollywood.

September 19, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rock

49 and still a hot little minx

September 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Sally

That's her baby? He doesn't look like her. It looks like a race of african orgin. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Was she cheating with a nee gro man when she was married to Jesse Jackson?

September 19, 2013 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherron

Bullock and Jesse were in the process of adopting this baby when she discovered his messing around. Bullock then continued on with the adoption by herself,

September 19, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • IQEQ

Do you have brains at all? The child is adopted. And stop using 19th century language. Look up your calendar. It is 2013.

September 19, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • GaryBuseysTeeth

Jesse Jackson?

September 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Upper Class

The fashion expert with the cool bun

September 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joanna

Are you with stupids?

September 21, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • mvc bimbo on project was tracked.

thanks...

September 21, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • sami

u know what, I thought u are matured and old enough to differentiate the whole stuff but now I do see that how backward minded u're. I'm really regret wasting my time reading what u posted above.

September 26, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • sandy

She adopted him, get with the program!

September 28, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jamsie

From a woman who didn't have to brains to NOT marry known liar, cheat, trash Jesse. Everyone knew what this guy was about, still cannot figure out how she was so blind and stupid, she has very bad judgement or was so full of herself she thought he'd never cheat on HER!

September 19, 2013 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

Jealous much? Everyone makes mistakes and many follow their heart instead of their brain... hence the fact divorce rate is higher then marriage. I guess when you'r in love you aren't meant to judge the other you try to see the good in them and hope they stand by what they say and if they don't it doesn't make you ignorant it makes them stupid. I feel Sandra loved a man that doesn't love himself enough to follow through with his word. She did the right thing and moved on... how many woman know their husbands cheat and lie but stay anyway? what about the woman that get beat on daily by their husbands and stay? judge judge judge but in the end Sandra still comes out on top! she didn't become a statistic, she ended a bad situation with dignity .

September 19, 2013 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  30. troll buster

There you go M.A.P. Now, you are first. Troll buster on duty.

September 18, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  31. M.A.P.

FIRSTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 18, 2013 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Yes you are 1st, that fake dating site doesn't count! I just hope the preview I keep seeing of Gravity isn't the most exciting part of the movie.

September 18, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I hope not too. The premise of the movie sounds interesting. Im a bit claustrophobic so I can relate to the fear!

September 18, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  32. M.A.P.

We've only been together 3 years, eediot.

September 19, 2013 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |