Sara Gilbert realized she was gay while dating Johnny Galecki
September 13th, 2013

Sara Gilbert realized she was gay while dating Johnny Galecki

"The Talk" this week has been about sharing the co-hosts' quietly kept secrets, and Sara Gilbert opened up with one involving a former "Roseanne" co-star.

When Gilbert, now 38, was starring on Roseanne Barr's '90s comedy as Darlene Connor, she was also dating her co-star Johnny Galecki, who happened to play her on-screen love interest, David.

But that's not the secret (as Gilbert says, some "Roseanne" fans probably already knew that). Here's what she spilled:

"I thought he was super-cute and had a total crush on him and we started dating (as teens)," Gilbert recalled. "And he would come over and we would like, make out, and then I would start to get depressed."

Becoming emotional, Gilbert explained that Galecki began to feel badly about her reaction and was taking it personally, "so I eventually told him that I thought it was about my sexuality, and he was super-sweet about it."

When Gilbert began to date a woman 18 years her senior while doing "Roseanne," Galecki helped her keep the relationship under wraps.

"(She) was also in the public eye, it was something people really could've found out about," Gilbert said. "No one knew at the show for years, and Johnny held the secret the whole time. And I just felt ... always so scared if it came out, what could happen. Would I lose my career, would I ever be able to play a straight role again?"

Gilbert did eventually come out, and confirmed in 2010 at the start of "The Talk" that she's a lesbian. But even though she loves her life - which includes two kids and fiancé Linda Perry - she does still have some of that same fear.

"When I talk about my sexuality on the show, or in public, I still feel really scared. ... There's still a piece of me that goes, what is this costing me in my career?" Gilbert said. "I want people to know that we often say things like, 'It gets better,' and it does get better, but I want people to know that, I guess, that there can still be a struggle with it and that's OK. It really is a process, and there can be a part of you that doesn't want to feel different or feel scared."

Thankfully, Gilbert has friends like "Big Bang Theory" star Galecki to support her. The actress said she called Galecki prior to sharing her secret to make sure he was OK with it, and he gave her his blessing.

"He said, 'I love you and I think it's really important and I'm so proud of you," Gilbert said, adding that he even offered to come on the show with her and hold her hand.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Cute couple

too bad the woman is gay and could not have relations.

November 1, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. That Z sh-t is gone now and over hon,,,

thanks

November 1, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. wize

So when will Galecki finally come out? His "show-mances" with female costars, from "Roseanne" to "Big Bang," are clearly fake, as we now have proof.

November 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. roblehmanjr.

George Costanza: I drive them to lesbianism, he (Kramer) brings them back.

October 12, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ross

So basically, Johnny Galecki drove her to being gay...Nice!

October 12, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fred

So she was Lebenese? Don't we have better News to care for but who feels for what?

October 12, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Majorbatguano

What woman hasn't realized she is gay while dating Johnny Galecki ?

October 9, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. Trace it

dfgsdvbntyutyu6 on What Buzz Aldrin thinks of 'Gravity'
    dfgsdfgcvbdfgdfg on The Sinead O'Connor and Miley feud isn't over
    sdfgsdfvcbdfgdfg on Cory Monteith's memorial episode on 'Glee': Get the tissues

October 7, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mylvia

Run a check and trace it direct back too her and him

October 7, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. The couple above...

is more functional platonic then a married dysfunctional couple. End of story

October 1, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The only person in this whole mess with an agenda is you....

we have none.

October 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Higher Quality Of LIfe

How many times are you manipulated with that one... do you not have your own funds that she has too manipulate that too you every single day?

You life will be better here for awhile. less aggravation and nobody wants anything from you or will talk down too you.

October 1, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Higher Quality Of LIfe

How many times are you manipulation with that one... do you not have your own funds that she has too manipulate that too you every single day?

October 1, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Print and File with All of todays hacks.

You see bimbo.. even with worrying about my mother today we still had time too make you look stupid.

October 1, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Print and File.

My uncles see my mother as their own...if you do not like your mother in law then go handle it hon...instead of mother in law issues and s-x...she's here...If he tolerates your mother in law issues....good for him.

i

October 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. You must have mother in law issues too...

your just the type-go worry about YOUR issues.

October 1, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. got the hack

my fathers brothers love my mother more then life....if you cannot handle that don't hack into peoples calls....

worry about your problems...they are huge hon....if you have mother in law issues go talk too her about it...

October 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. danielwalldammit

Seems like she's doing okay; good for her.

October 1, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • danielwalldammit was traced on machine 2.

you material is so lame and boring like you

October 1, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Boys, partys, school and work

yayayayayaya\y-we have a staff now watching you...haaaaaaaaa

September 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Small Bathroom

the bimbo thinks we are hanging out with her this season...been there done that mission accomplished...

September 29, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Basha0810

I cannot tell you how many men I dated that I either could have gone gay on or thought I was gay. Come on. You don't just all of a sudden "realize" that you're gay. That's like a black man at the age of 14 waking up one day and saying to himself, "Hey! I'm black!" You either are or you aren't. Being gay is a choice that's why she made that choice while dating this Johnny. She "realized." Otherwise she would have been born, her parents would have said, "Honey? Now remember, you're gay." You don't just DISCOVER it. Being gay is a CHOICE people.

September 29, 2013 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Iowan

You could not be more wrong, but it would be a waste of time trying to change your backward view.

September 29, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Basha Bimbo

on new schedule....dates, boys, party and football.....no bore this season

September 29, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • unknown

Yes! being gay is a choice. just like being stupid is a choice. I choose to contradict myself by saying being stupid is a choice. thats why when I was 14, I woke up one day and discovered I was stupid. I chose to tell my parents so they would remind me that I was stupid just in case I ever said anything smart. Its a choice people! you either chose to be born stupid or you chose to be born smart! Everything is a choice. Tomorrow I will choose to be an 85 year old korean mechanic. and the next day I chose to be Oprah. Life is great!

September 29, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boys and Football...

Nobody watching you hon....except our boys.

September 29, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

Lesbean. yes sir

September 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jhonny ausemkock

Yeah, that's right. These people CHOOSE to be ostracized, persecuted, bullied, and sometimes even murdered, because hey, who wouldn't want that, right? You're an 1d10t.

October 10, 2013 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  22. Whoopee

Damn it, life is really complicated. I remember watching these two on tv when I was a kid. It's sad that instead of just having a romance as I thought they were off screen, she was hiding in the closet terrified and he was keeping her secret. And how are we all to react to it? We're now all treated as bigots if we don't think of her coming out as great. What can be said though, finding out everything you ever thought was one way, was another, is hard. I wish these two people I thought were so happy hadn't been miserable.

September 29, 2013 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Wize

Really? It's "hard" when celebs you fawn over don't tell you everything? You might want to start by getting a life, bigot.

November 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'm not a lesbean nor am i whoopie...

get the IP for 3d and let's complete virus check.....what the fk do you tell people....your illegal we know that
      and you owe me 8 grand for busted comptuers.....who the fk are you? trailor trash that's about

get the hacker–ip

November 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • You not Wize.. your a hacker...and nobody can stand you

all overnight hack are they tracked?

November 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Richard

Realized? Everyone I know who is truly gay knew about from the time they could think.

September 28, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Davey

Go back in the closet

September 28, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. As i preach to everyone who deals with a stupid bimbo

at some point in their lives...you not OUR kind...we don't have too be YOUR kind. We do not want young career women with kids following your way. We don't know you therefore your considered a bully–anyone who follows your path we are very concerned about and we will make sure women do no go this way.

Your technoology stinks. Any MAN who follows you path we wonder about also..... i grew up with gangstas but they were good at it. Your just a bimbo with bad tek, we are number 1

September 25, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Flibble

Please learn how to spell and use proper grammar. Thank You. :-)

September 27, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • felon

You lied him your side again.....your just a fking bimbo hack and we do not want women following you path

September 27, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your not our kind

Your a bimbo felon and we find you an embarrassment too women your not OUR kind in terms of proper women

Your a hacker

September 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bully Bimbo

You don't eff your husband, you don't have a resume, your not what i want young women too be following.

September 25, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Derek

No one really cares deary..

September 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. John

I think Johnny Galecki is very handsome!

September 25, 2013 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. DaveYoung

Sounds like Johnny couldn`t get it up

September 23, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  30. lesbean almost completed

we never gave you permission too hack into peoples emails hun...

September 23, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  31. scott bleyle

There's a reason most call it a "private life" keep it to your self.

September 23, 2013 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • me

If you think it is private, and don't care to hear about it, why did you bother to read it and comment on it? Pitiful waste of flesh you are.

September 23, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • your way too obsessed with me

I always win the fking game...because I am louder then a lion....

katy perry hon listen too the song

September 23, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Flibble

But you just thought about The Game, so you lost.

September 27, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  32. T Boy Baggins

Dont really mind if some ones gay or not, thats their business. Just wish people like Ellen and rosy O would quit ramming their choices down my throat like they are demanding my appoval. Just be gay and have a good life, I dont care, dont want to know thank you very much.

September 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosie cover by steve...a year ago.

thaniks

September 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • lauren

thats what I said...I m sick and tired of this gay stuff everywhere...No one cares..and the fact that they keep pushing and shoving it as you said in everyones face is actually making annoying..If someone is gay ..ok Im straight ..pls enough of this stuff..I m tired of hearing about it and seeing it.Stop forcing us to acknowledge it.thank you and enjoy life!

September 21, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Queen Of Joy

they make a cute couple but they were not right for each other. she had the guts to admit she was not into
      men....she gets 100% respect from me.

September 21, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo-Yah

It's not about "ramming it down your throat". It's about not having to "hide" it. It's just about acceptance.

September 26, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Cheryl

Oh please, I could tell she was gay when she was on Roseanne–if she did not know it–it was obvious. And who gives a poop? Do what yo want, makes no difference to me. Just wish you weren't so damn dumb.

September 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

I was going to say the same exact thing! What was she, 11 or 12 when she started doing Roseanne? I suspected immediately that she was gay!

September 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruby

Yes, it was evident. We saw it, didn't make a public issue of it, I wish she would do likewise.

September 27, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChasingSummer365

@ TJ: Sara did Roseanne? When did that happen and she didn't realize then she was gay?

September 29, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. She sure is...

a perfect fit and better suited in terms of intimacy

September 19, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Monica V.

So so very sick of this twit. She carried a public pity party when her woman dumped her, now it comes down to one again using the audience as her emotional tampon. She's a user, she's selfish, no wonder she's a perfect fit for The Talk.

September 19, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

OMG "emotional tampon" hahaha! You're funny!!!

September 19, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • She realized they were not mean't too be together

because she finally confirmed she is gay

September 19, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Butch44

we apply pressure and boom....there is the illegal bimbo ...

September 19, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  37. She's 44

and wont give her husband s-x for 13 years.

September 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Peggy

She's 38, she look 49

September 19, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. The are the comment from hacked in machine....Samsung phone we will be shipping out and tracing back

thanks

September 19, 2013 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. He follows that fat pig....so continue too monitor 24 hours a day

bimbo

September 19, 2013 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  41. Samsung Phone Trace it back too her.. all comments were saved from last night

cnn is outside machines watching her now

September 19, 2013 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  42. MariJoy

I love her honesty, this is a girl who just gets better with age – GO Sara!

September 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Donna

I've been putting this off for years because I wasn't sure how some people would react, but I have to be true to myself so here goes: I'm straight. Please don't judge me, I was born this way. I can't help who I love. It doesn't make me a bad person.

If this announcement did not shock or offend anyone, neither should someone being gay. Live and let live.

September 18, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mmortal03

That would be true if it didn't have the stigma associated with it.

September 19, 2013 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  44. Rock

Johnny banged Kaley...MUCH more important news

September 18, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ronjayaz

It's all so boring this constant invasion of one's private life vs. one's public life. Whatever happened to the expression-Get a life?!

September 18, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  46. M.A.P.

All the synical, sneering little evil b!tches on here should have a long hard think about themselves and how they behave towards others. It is unbelievable in today's day and age that a simple human interest story about a respectable actress would receive such vitriolic spiteful remarks as is seen ojn here. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for being such small minded little gossips and arrogant selfish bas-tards. Shame on you all.

September 18, 2013 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Mother Carmody

You speak the holy truth. One day, Star Wormwood will emerge, Jesus will return, and the heavenly fire will rain down upon the unclean. The streets will run slick with liberal blood and the archangels shall have their holy vengeance.

September 21, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • I always win the game...

Because 50 is a good person no matter what your clowns think....it does not matter because majority rules and even if you bash me they won't believe you because they know me and they know I won the hacking game well over a year ago. I do no need too do vicious behavior too anyone i will defend myself legally because i am always right.

i have the personality and that is why EVERYONE responds too me. I had it then, I have it now and i will have it until I die. I have the personality and i'm not a hacking bully who does not know its ass from its elbow.

i always win the game.

September 21, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Timothy

Johnny Galecki can probably make anybody turn gay after being with him.

September 18, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  48. Wisdom

Who the hell cares when she found out she was confused!

September 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Melanie

I went on a date and discovered that I was a concrete block. Does that mean it's true or does it mean I'm insane? See my point? This, "I discovered I'm gay," thing not only arbitrary, it is total bull shlt with a capital stinks badly!

September 17, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Melanie, apparently you weren't insane when you made your discovery. You ARE as dense as a concrete block and you have about as much humanity.

September 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Melanie you sound about as caring as a concrete block. I imagine talking to you would also be pretty similar to talking to a brick wall.

September 18, 2013 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  50. Wow

Why is M.A.P so angry? They must have been rejected by straight people and had to join the other side.

September 17, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  51. Bret

Ha ha – pricesless – or so I thought until I saw her pics – then it was "yikes" – good thing.

September 17, 2013 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Ivan

THEY'RE BOTH GAY!!!!!! pALLEEaazee!

He is one of those child loser actors... they never make it beyond their teen TV personalities... it is better to become an actor as an adult.

Anyway... both gay.

September 17, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  52. Brad

She felt depressed after they made out because they look so much alike

September 16, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Egg Salad Sandwich

I knew she was gay before she did!
    Or
    Ol' Johnny turned her gay!
    Or
    She's not gay, she just thinks she is!

September 16, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian P

This article is gay. Who cares that she's gay? Why do gay people want to tell the entire world that they are gay, then complain when people talk about gays?

September 17, 2013 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • oieh

Interesting how you turned someone saying "I dont care" into hate. Calm down a little bit, breath and then try to read what people are actually saying before you blow a gasket. Being completely unconcerned with something means just what the word unconcerned implies....that some of us simply dont care. That doesnt mean we hate anything. To hate would be to care greatly which isnt the case at all. I get that you are angry. There are some folks who actually hate gays. Can you please spew your hatred toward them and leave those of us who are simply tired of watching the battle alone? Thanks a lot.

September 17, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I wasn't upset about the i dont care part. I was mad that someone writes "why do gay people always have to tell everyone about it" as if we should just not exist. There's a reason people feel passionately about this issue and it is because some of us have had to battle our whole lives to prove that we are "normal" functioning parts of society and not all pedos or sick freaks. You seem to have no concept of that though with your "dont care, doesnt directly invole me". Well WHY DID YOU CLICK ON THIS ARTICLE AND READ IT THEN? IF gay people are so unimportant, just skip the f-cking story.

September 17, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  54. george t hibs

Sorry to say, but no great loss to the male population. Wish Sara all the best and move on.

September 16, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  55. KT500

"When Gilbert began to date a woman 18 years her senior while doing "Roseanne""

Well, now that's poorly phrased.

September 16, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. PoliticiansRCrooks

OK she was on Rosanne and she was worried about a career? Am I missing something? Sometimes women think they are gay then en up marrying/loving men. Or visa versa. Not to say it's not hardwired but it seems a bit personal choice and keeping it under wraps? Who give cares? .

September 16, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

15-20 years ago, it was a lot different. While "coming out" for an actor/actress might be significant for the person, it is not "shocking" or even really that noteworthy to society. 20 years ago, it would have been. That is what she is referring to.

Remember how a primary issue for GWB in the 2004 re-election campaign was "gay marriage" and he really emphasized this issue in Ohio, which turned out to be the "battleground state?" It was such an important issue then – and that's only 9 years ago. Now, it really isn't.

September 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  57. M.A.P.

What a bunch of disgraceful bigots we have here with us on the Marquee Blog. I really hope some of the comments below are people just trying to stirr up anger by trolling fake opinions, because if that is really how people in the US think, you guys are not as free and progressive as you think. Absolutely discusting.

September 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. timelord7202

I've dated people in the past and got depressed afterwards. It's not orientation. It's about being spiritually/personality compatible.

September 16, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  59. mickinmd

She came out WAY before "The Talk."

September 16, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  60. Bubba Jones

Grammar 101: "... feel badly about...", feel badly refers to the act of touch. It should read or have been stated, "...feel bad about...", that statement is about an emotion.

September 16, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  61. David

Always thought she was gay, so this is no big deal. She's a good actress and her personal life is none of my business.

September 16, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  62. Meh

Yes yes, its cool to be gay today. We get it..well not really, but who cares anyway

September 16, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  63. wft

ok,so the world should stop spinning just because another gay wants a medal for coming out??? old news,old hat. do you job,stfu,move along .

September 16, 2013 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Noone asked for a medal, just a tiny bit of tolerance. Maybe too much to ask from people with IQ's in the single digits.

September 16, 2013 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • SkepticalOne

It's a human interest story. I suppose you would have to be human to be interested...

September 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. noteaparty4me

"David" was so cool on screen and I loved his Rosanne character much. I am so not surprised that Mr. Galecki is such a dear and true friend in real life to Sara. They are hard to find and I wish Ms. Gilbert all the best and hope she continues to find happiness in her life today and always.

September 15, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Really

Really? I realized she was gay the first time I saw her on TV.

September 15, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carla

I thought that she was a lesbian too! and Jodi Foster..It was so funny to me when she came out!

September 16, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  66. SAS

Why is this newsworthy ?

September 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kenman

I'll try this again...
    How disturbing that so much of Hollywood is so screwed up and they have so much unhealthy influence on young, impressionable kids today! I wish there was some way that they could just do their acting and keep their opinions and lifestyles to themselves because, despite their best efforts to project it, Hollywood IS NOT a pure microcasm of American society!

September 15, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Amen to that

September 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shane

What you're forgetting is that any "microcosm" of society-even outside of Hollywood-includes gay people. And whether you like it or not, gay people will continue to be born and will continue to exist. Be more tolerant. (Amen to that).

September 16, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • breed7

How disturbing that low-IQ commenters on CNN can't keep their discriminatory opinions to themselves. So many low-IQ people find it necessary to make negative comments about people who live their lives open and honestly. They were prefer that their children be told lies, and that their children are taught that they will not be loved if they are different.

You are a terrible human being, kenman. No, Hollywood is not a microcosm of American society - there are a LOT more gay people in the real world than you see on TV.

I know you also feel that it's terrible that we show black people on television. It's horrible that Hispanics are shown living normal lives. And don't get you started about how women are allowed to vote and have opinions. That's just the worst. When you say bad things about one group of people, you are saying them about everyone.

September 16, 2013 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

What a hateful comment, Kenman. No doubt you think your superior to all others – not very christian of you.

September 16, 2013 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  68. Kenman

September 15, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  69. socalpimp

These revelationas are another rip off from Howard Stern Show....get your own bits

September 15, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  70. jdad

So what?

September 15, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  71. Calltheshot

Very proud of Sara and Johnny. Not ever one is the same and what a friend to keep information to himself. The rest of you that are haters. Wonder if you'd be such a hater if a gay person was the only one that could save your child's life.. would you say no then? No, you wouldn't, you'd be on your knees begging that person to help you. It's funny where a person moral compass lives....usually buried so deeply they don't pull it out until it affects them or the ones they love. With that said.. Rock on Ms. Gilbert –the world truly does love you. And haters, rock on as well–the world loves you as well even though you seem not to love it back.

September 15, 2013 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  72. BG

I went to a university with a large lesbian/gay community. There were plenty of women who "discovered" they were gay after a bad relationship with a man. I talked to one on them, years later. She'd been married, and barely even remembered her "gay" phase.

September 14, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Everything in Moderation

You are saying this as a comment to an article about a young woman who was IN a GOOD relationship with a boy she liked and realized that what was wrong is that she was gay.

I think you, like so many others, recall only the things that support your concepts and instantly forget the information that could enlighten you to new ideas.

Perhaps you should look at challenging yourself a bit more.

September 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Well their goes (their) theory that gays are born that way. It has been my observation that most lesbians are that way partly because of their relationships with other men (either abused, raped, no father figure, divorce). It's a cop out. According to the LGBT community you are either gay or you're not and that's it's from birth.

September 16, 2013 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Ilroy, what do meann by "it's a copout"? Why do you seem to have evidence and information that no study or scientist has ever been able to prove? Oh, wait, I get it, you don't like gay people so you assume that something bad must've happened to them to "cause" their gaynesss (with no evidence of this). What about all the gay people from "normal" "healthy" families then? How did they "become" gay then Mr-expert on gay people? I bet you've never even had a gay friend.

September 16, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. pazke

I always thought Johnny was so cute. I loved him on Roseanne (and I hated the way Darlene treated him most of the time.) It makes me happy to know that he is a good guy in real life and that they have such a close relationship. I never knew they dated during the show. (I don't usually pay much attention to these things).

September 14, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • everything in Moderation

I was thinking exactly the same way. And he really is a good guy.

September 15, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Yuck! He is NOT cute. If Galecki personality is anything like his character, then he would make even the straightest female go lesbian (or join the convent).

September 16, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  74. Cute Couple...

too bad the woman is gay.

September 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Mike

Good for Johnny. He seems like a real sweetheart and I am very happy for Sara.

September 14, 2013 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  76. SimWarlock

You guys really need yo keep up, She announced this fact over 2 years ago on "The Talk".

September 14, 2013 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
    • everything in Moderation

I think this is about the details regarding her relationship and when she figured things out, not about the coming out.

September 15, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  77. maria

Can the moderator of this site stop the SINGLES DATING SERVICE ? is kind of annoying ,this is to chat not to put a ad! it is obnoxious really! why this people doesn't put this kind of ads in somewhere? is kind of free advertisement isn't ? or they paying for it? not matter what it is annoying indeed!

September 14, 2013 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

I have been clicking 'report abuse' every time I see one of those spam comments. Try doing that. Maybe we can get these spammers off here.

September 14, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. bellenoitr

Most of these comments are ignorant. I'm getting outta here!

September 13, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  79. cross

Who cares?

September 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Canadian Observer

I think he might be one of those #Beliebers.

September 13, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Charlie Crack

I'm brand new to these blogs. They seem like fun. You can call me Charlie Crack or Orgasmo. On not that other Charlie Crack. I'm a different one.

September 13, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • so cc

Dude, I hope you are a different one. He was gonna be a nurse. The big bad rapper boy was gonna be a nurse. lmao

September 13, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  82. GayDar

This is new? Who cares who's gay or not. Besides, most people had her pegged as a lesbian when she was on Roseanne,

September 13, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Sunshine Girl

Happy Friday everyone.

September 13, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julia

aww this is a really sweet story, im glad the two of them stayed such close genuine friends this is awesome! love you sara and johnny! muah!

September 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  84. IAMSOCOOL

She isn't exactly a pretty or beautiful woman. She does have masculine features, so I don't doubt she is attracted to other women.

September 13, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Richard Fore

Yeah

September 13, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dave

CNN you spelled it wrong. It's correctly spelled Lesbean.

September 13, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Rider

She looks like Elijah Wood-a male, so go figure.

September 13, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. M.A.P.

That's a really sweet story. I totally won respect for him through that article, a lot of men wouldn't have reacted so well. Such dark times for gay people :(

September 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

He has to be nice and civil, the PR's let them now how to act and be positive ...what a shame leave a man for another woman whaoooooo, it has to affect their manhood I think! like this actor who's wife left him for another woman ! but this guy is very handsome guy I see him often in Big Bang Theory he is just short guy.....

September 14, 2013 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  89. Slangword

I've always liked Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki as actors, and reading this story makes me like both of them as human beings, too.

September 13, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  90. KarmaBurns

I am so glad she has that kind of support. He sounds like a great guy! Best wishes to them all.

September 13, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Peace ☮

I'm really glad she had such a good friend to talk to. Too bad she was scared to be herself. I've said it before, I'll say it again...if we were all the same, it would be a boring world. Don't let people knock you for who you are. If they don't like it, tough sh it!

September 13, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Tom

Is that like an imbecile? Pot, kettle, black...

September 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Loren

Emma, stop digging a deeper hole. You showed your ignorance, live with it instead of making yourself look more ignorant.

September 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Loren

You are joking, right? Sometimes a sense of humor can just be too subtle for the rest of us.

September 13, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Richard Fore

I'm hella funny like Andy Kaufman. People just don't appreciate comedy these days. Boogers.

September 13, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  96. so Richard

Would your truck be called big blue, by any chance. There's this guy on the foodie blog who goes by the name of Richard Head, who has a remarkably similar story as yours. Hmmmm! Richard Fore/Richard Head. Pretty similar. Foodie blog get too boring, and you decide to come over here? Just do us a favor, leave Observer over there. That person is an azzhole.

September 13, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Amy

Tomboys, not town boys. Not all of them grow up to be gay.

September 15, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  98. tammy

I agree Maria. Now Raven Samone. I think Raven is just practing the lifestyle. but Melissa ALWAys looked boyish. Even when she tried to play this guy's girlfriend, it did not look right.

September 16, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Joe

White men don't want Black women...

September 15, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  100. Kenman

If you watch the shows, movies, commercials, etc. BLACK men don't want black women either. But,then again, if you look at the popular depiction of black women, like the obnoxious character the cross-dressing Tyler Perry plays, you can clearly see some reasons for that!

September 15, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  101. timelord7202

Not true...

September 16, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Tammy

Well Joe many men from other races date white women because some viewed white woman as "weak".

September 16, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  103. History Bear

Whoa dude! Take Beyonce, Halle Berry etc. anytime. . I think most white males aren't attracted to big butts and chunky type bodies of any race- the sterotypical black woman.- and that is a choice. Check any society and see what the current ideal of beauty is, check back 300 years and you'll find a huge difference

September 18, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  104. ChasingSummer365

What do they want black men?

September 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Susan

That comment is rude and ignorant. I bet your mom is proud of you

September 15, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Tammy

YOu sound stupid. MOST black men still date and marry black women.

September 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  107. anonymous

What in the world are you ranting about???

September 17, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Percy

JERK!!!!

September 18, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  109. M.A.P.

No loss to her. One less fat pig to talk to.

September 18, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  110. super j

Shut up troll.

September 18, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Durarara

Seriously. Shut up, troll.

September 19, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  112. jeffision

And stay shut up, troll.

September 19, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |