Robin Thicke breaks VMAs silence, and more news to note:
September 13th, 2013

Robin Thicke breaks VMAs silence, and more news to note:

Today's news you might've missed:

• Robin Thicke considers the MTV VMAs a mission accomplished. The singer, in his first time speaking about the incident, has said that he and Miley Cyrus are "both entertainers," and "knew what we were getting ourselves into. ... the VMAs is the perfect place for a little shock and awe." [MTV]
  • By the way: Robin Thicke and his "Blurred Lines" are heading out on tour: [HuffPost]
  • If all publicity is good publicity, then Drake's song release strategy is working. Not everyone loves his latest offering, "Wu-Tang Forever," but it at least it's reminding the public that "Nothing Was the Same" drops September 24. [Vibe]
  • The CW is stepping outside of its usual programming - you know, paranormal romance and drama/comedies about would-be Abercrombie models - to develop a drama on a complicated, real-world issue. Executive produced by "Milk's" Michael London, "ZE" will center on a female-to-male transgendered teen and his family. [Deadline]
  • Don't judge, but we're super excited about this: Colin Firth has joined the team for the live-action CGI Paddington Bear movie the Weinstein Company is working on. Oh, and Nicole Kidman's starring in it too. [THR]

Filed under: While you were working

1. Susan - Canada

Jury is still out on this one for me.....I like his music and I like his wife..I think she's a great actress, but I don't know anymore....I don't like how he is handling this and kind of disappointed in his even performing this s&*t...

September 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. M.A.P.

I mean, seriously, CNN are writing about this pig everyday! Doesn't CNN believe in women being treated as equals and NOT made into se-xual caricatures, simply put on earth to be "used" by piggish men? "Robin Thicke breaks his silence" – what a joke – does anyone actually give a flying tur-d about what he says? Of course he's not gonna say "Miley took it too far", the song is about se-x and she potrayed that in her dancing, now SHE cops the critique which should be directed at HIM! The pigs video is just a bunch of anorexic models hanging off him as he prounces around acting like Price v2.0,

September 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. M.A.P.

Robin Thicke is a se-xist pig. He rips off old MArvin Gaye songs to make mysoginistic songs encouraging rape, all because the little attention w.hore wants to be a big star. Well, excuse me, Mr Thicke, but I can't stand your disgusting song, not only is it sleazy and predictable, but the music just sounds like a cheap cheesy Marvin Gaye rip off – oh wait it IS a Marvin Gaye rip off, that is demeaning to women. PIG.

September 16, 2013 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Why does he permanantly have that stoopid smile on his face!? What's he so f–ing happy about? He is such an annoying d!ck!!!!

September 16, 2013 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Everytime I see that guys name, I, now, think of you MAP. I think you're his biggest fan. (Kidding of course)

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Aww Peace, thanks! I hope that you also think about the disgraceful lyrics to that male ego filled anthem of rape!!! Sorry, I just get all worked up when I see his pompous smug smiling face everyday. Please, MTV, bring in the next one hit wonder so we can FORGET about this DISASTER!! forget........ for....get.... lol

September 16, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Lol MAP! Just so ya know, I don't have to think about his lyrics cuz I don't listen to him. :)

September 16, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. T.

Start pulling back on the weekly bob cuts also she is ridiculous....you need a better bob cut and how long are you putting with this from the sloppy woman?

September 14, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. V¡xen

I'm not judging. . Seen worse before.

September 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |