Don't confuse Lady Gaga with Stefani Germanotta
September 12th, 2013

Don't confuse Lady Gaga with Stefani Germanotta

Lady Gaga is a warrior, the pop star tells Elle magazine in its October issue. But Stefani Germanotta? That's a different story.

"Wait a minute," you're probably thinking. "I thought Stefani Germanotta is Lady Gaga?"

Yes and no.

As Gaga explains, "I am - Stefani is - a perpetually tortured artist. That's why I changed my name," she tells Elle. "I can't be her in public. She would be a mess!"

The Mother Monster, on the other hand, is cool and calm under pressure - so unfazed she doesn't even realize when it's there.

"What are you talking about, pressure?" Gaga asks. "I'm great under pressure. I'm a warrior. I'm Rocky, round 12."

She can probably credit that toughness for helping her survive in the industry, seeing that for every fan she's attracted, there's someone else who's a critic.

"Everyone is so cynical," Gaga says of the detractors. "I can't purely love my fans, or share an honest story about my past, without someone asking me if I really, truly struggled. Do you know how much dirt I ate? Do you know the men I had to crawl through, the people that disrespected my body, my mind, my heart?"

If there's anyone who understands what it's like to have haters - at least at this very moment - it's Miley Cyrus. In Gaga's eyes, the sniping is unfounded.

"I just think everybody needs to lighten up and leave her alone," Gaga told Bravo's Andy Cohen on Wednesday's "Watch What Happens Live." "It's pop music. Everybody's entitled to their own artistic expression, and if you have a problem with it, just change the channel."

Too, Gaga continued, Cyrus' critics should consider that she's only 20 years old and is likely still refining her artistic point of view.

"She's growing up in front of the entire world, and maybe she's not so happy with the things she did in her career when she was younger and she wants to be free," Gaga said. "So let her do what she wants."

Gaga's full interview with Elle magazine arrives on newsstands September 24.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Miley Cyrus • Music

1. anonimo

hola confeatumadre del uv con oso al culo con oyo caliente te viole con el oyo abril lavigne y te lo folle con lainon

December 22, 2013 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gaga is lame

Just a weird chick with weird hair. And her " music " is total garbage.

September 25, 2013 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • AJ Skinner

Stefani Germanotta is the one with REAL Talent Lady Gaga is just a doll that wears wigs to hide that she has real good talent

January 1, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Moving on.

September 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. She is not a lion...

a lion would never act like a bimbo

September 19, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cement Condo 44--Flush this bimbo

caught the phone hacks at 847am...report her as abuse...illegal hacking--

September 19, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. Alvarez

She's going to have a hell of a time trying to brush my corn studded poop from her hair.

September 15, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. t

She needs prayer Lady Gaga! I took your word she will rebound, but She needs God even I love your music! :D

September 13, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Richard Fore

Woo she is odd. Not as creepy as Miley Curus tho.

September 13, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Meh

Narcissism is alive and well

September 13, 2013 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. jay

Careful, the Chinese might pick her up and try to pass her off as a lion!

September 13, 2013 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. M.A.P.

Anyone who speaks about themselves in the third person has issues in my opinion. I think Stefanie is a very intelligent woman. Not many people can plan and plot fame and then actually achieve it like she did, however I have always said I find her music to be VERY safe and not at all in tune with her visual appearance. If you wanna dress like a freak, please accompany it with freaky music and not some 90's Christina wannabe sound.

September 13, 2013 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Why is there a picture of the cowardly lion from Wizard Of Oz up when it's a Lady Gaga article??? Oh wait....

September 13, 2013 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Lol! It does look like him. I think the lion is cuter, tho. :)

September 13, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

She don't look half bad without the heavy makeup. Somebody should buy her a brush for that mane, though. lol...

September 13, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

She's like what half lion, half Gwen Stefani would look like.

September 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • we do not want women

too become that....ever......we will let him go because he is stuck ...he never shows up on the que
      you and the other bimbo do.....flush this bimbo

September 19, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |