'The Killing' gets killed again, and more news to note
September 11th, 2013

'The Killing' gets killed again, and more news to note

Today's news you might've missed:

• AMC brought rainy detective series "The Killing" back from the dead only to kill it off yet again. Mere months after its miraculous season three return, "The Killing" has been canceled. [Deadline]
  • Thankfully, "Sons of Anarchy" fans don't have much to worry about. The season six premiere rode in to monster ratings Tuesday night, and was the most-watched show on TV with 5.8 million tuning in.
  • Zoe Saldana might be off the market. Rumor has it the actress secretly married Italian artist beau Marco Perego in London in June. [Us Weekly]
  • You only have a few weeks until Tina Fey blessedly returns to host the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live" on September 28. But now that they've lost half the cast, you're going to see a slew of new faces. Time to study up: [THR]
  • Nicely done, Ariana Grande! The songbird has scored a No. 1 debut with her album, "Yours Truly." [Billboard]

Filed under: While you were working

1. tom

Good show

September 16, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Techno Viking

Glad to hear the Killing is finally dead. It was a show with great promise that was ruined by sloppy writing and too many fake leads. By the end of the first season I was tired of the misdirection and was only sticking around to see who killed Rosie. Surprise, we're not going to tell you. Never checked in again. Good riddance. AMC has too many really good shows to keep a below average one like this around.

September 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. glenda

Hate to hear The Killing has been cancelled, really enjoyed the first season, and the second season ended with quite a bang. Was Sarah going to shoot the bad guy, who was a former boyfriend, and her boss, or not? Also, was the guy on death row, really guilty or not, I liked the ending, really well.

September 12, 2013 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bender the offender

That's the problem with good TV Shows there are too many small minded people to understand and appreciate the show.
    Dumb people would rather watch Honey Boo Boo or one of the 10 singing and talent shows which hold no value.

Thanks America for being dumbed down!

September 12, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. M.A.P.

I never saw the Killing, I always thought it looked too much like Bones or Medium. That lady in it scares me, she reminds me of a mean primary school teacher I had who gave me my first detention.

September 12, 2013 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Danny

It is nothing like Bones at all. Think Twin Peaks meets a noir procedural. The lead is tough on the eyes, but she, and her co-star are deep. If you have Netflix, I highly recommend it.

September 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

1st detention, MAP? Lol, How many did ya get? Btw, I really liked the show "Medium".

September 13, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I can't remember how many detentions, like 6 or 7, I was a naughty child! I loved Patricia Arquette, but the rest was meh for me. Have you seen Nightmare on Elm st 3? PAtricia Arquette is so amazing in it!

September 13, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey MAP! I did she that, she was gooood!

September 13, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Oh & naughty child? Lol, we all have had our moments!

September 13, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Tell me about it. I still remember that sick feeling you get when you get called to the principals office... that's how I feel when I come late to work now!

September 13, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shee

I LOVED "The Killing" from the first season through season 3's finale. It was dark, extremely well-acted, and superbly directed. The concept of focusing on a single crime and its fallout provided a tense, tight plot. Please keep this fine series. I need my appointment television with a network not afraid to take risks.

September 12, 2013 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joe

Thanks alot AMC! We really like The Killing!

September 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |