'Jurassic Park 4' gets a title - and new release date
September 11th, 2013

'Jurassic Park 4' gets a title - and new release date

Welcome to Jurassic ... World?

That seems to be the new welcome for what we've up until now been calling "Jurassic Park 4." Universal Pictures announced on Tuesday that the next installment in the "Jurassic Park" series will officially be titled "Jurassic World."

Universal also announced that the film will have a new release date of June 12, 2015, which will pit it against other anticipated sequels like "Star Wars: Episode VII," "Batman Vs. Superman" and "The Avengers: Age of Ultron."

The fourth film in the series - which had seemingly been suspended in amber since the Jurassic period itself - was originally meant to be released next summer, but had to be delayed in order to give Steven Spielberg, the director of the original 1993 dinosaur blockbuster, more time to get the script and other principals together.

"Safety Not Guaranteed" director Colin Trevorrow is set to direct a script that was written by Derek Connolly and Trevorrow himself, and the film will be shot in 3-D.

As far as the popularity of the series, it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to extinct considering that the 3-D re-release of the original "Jurassic Park" - starring Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Velociraptors - bowed to $18.6 million domestically in April 2013.

What exactly "Jurassic World" will entail is still a mystery at the moment, but hey, we're pretty sure it'll have dinosaurs and that's a really good start.

1. SHE WAS REPORTED TOO LEGAL..

JOLLY GOOD I SAY..R.IGHT ADAM?

October 9, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GerryP

I hope there will be no dinosaurs harmed in the filming of this movie.

October 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kelly

Let the dinosaurs eat Congress. Oh wait - that would give them acid reflux!

October 2, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jeff

"bowed to $18.6 million" What does bowed mean? Is that good or bad?
    $18mil for Jurassic park sounds like pocket change, so it must be bad.

September 29, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jade_Alpha

$18.6 million from an IP you've already paid for with a few small changes is pretty darn good in my book.

October 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Town Bimbo44

Post It...thanks.

September 26, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. T.rex

That might be the biggest summer in the history of films... What a lineup! New Star Wars, new Jurassic Park, Superman vs Batman, and the Avengers sequel?! All must-sees in a theater.

September 26, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Town Bimbo44

don't worry her yay will wear off in about 2 seconds

September 21, 2013 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. andrea

Yay!

September 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe Regular

This series needs to go extinct, especially with Spielberg, the master of movie diocy, at the helm.

September 19, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RayJacksonMS2

Eh. What's the big deal? It ain't no Sharknado.

September 12, 2013 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  11. elvinmerij

They should've delayed the Steve Jobs movie to dovetail with this. "Jurassic World: Rise of the Jobs-ites".
    Opening clip showing dinosaurs with reading glasses trying to comprehend the Apple EULA. Some of the more intelligent velociraptors staggering in horror ....

September 12, 2013 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  12. SD

I would like to see "Jurassic World vs Godzilla".

September 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Michael Stanberry II

Please please please bring back everyone including Lex (Ariana Richards) Timmy (Joseph Mazzallo) (Kelly Curtis) Vanessa Lee Chester Trevor Morgan (Eric Kirby) from Jurassic Park 3. And please let this movie take place in a city again. (new york, chicago, or san francisco maybe? :) Maybe by now the kids from jurassic park 1 are married and they have kids and Lex and Tim probably work for their grandpa (John Hammond) and maybe everyone from jurassic park 1 reunites and jurassic park 2 reunites and they struggle to survive the carnivores attacking and destroying the city and Dr Grant and the gang try to find where the remaining herbivores are.

Thoughts?

September 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Tim and Lex should NOT be in the new movie unless they are both eaten in the first scene! Kelly was an obvious token character in the Lost World, they needed a kid for the children to relate to. Jeff Goldblum would be ok, but he had a big role in the 2nd film. Maybe they should go for all new characters.

September 12, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • JMoney

That sounds absolutely horrible. I am glad you will have nothing to do with the movie's production.

October 6, 2013 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Shawndell Rivers

I Want Ariana Richards, Laura Marano And Jeff Goldblum In This Movie.

September 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hiker2

Michael Crichton passed away in 2008, he was a genius. His first copy of Jurassic Park books were amazing. Unfortunately
    Spielberg did not follow the books, if he did it would have been awesome. So, a new book, two authors. Hollywood has sold out to make money. I'm predicting this movie will suck but make suck movies for little profit.

September 11, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. M.A.P.

Cool! I was obsessed with the first film in 1994 when I was just a kid! I hope they make this one a bit more scary and with no children acting in it please!!

September 11, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hi again MAP! I liked the JP flicks, too. I just recently turned my grand kids onto the 1st one, they loved it. Jaws, too! (I'm such a bad Gma. Lol!)

September 11, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Don't worry, I saw Nightmare on Elm St when I was 6 and I turned out.....well... I turned out ok I guess! LOL!

September 11, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Lol! They're not quite ready for Freddie...yet!

September 11, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I saw JAWS when I was young too and I still hear that music everytime I swin in the ocean and cant see the bottom... scarred for LIFE! Lol

September 11, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • pliny

if spielberg is involved in the project....it'll have kiddies in it.

September 11, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hi pliny! I thought the kids on the JP movies did a good job. I won't mind if they have them on again. (sorry MAP)

September 11, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I liked the Jurassic Park movies overall. I didn't like that there were no giant dinosaur a ss pudding piles in them though. I'm hoping there will be some in this new one.

September 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Triumph, you need to watch the first JP again, there is a part were Laura Dern sticks her arms into a HUGE pile of triceretops (spellchecks) pudding. It was quite funny.

September 12, 2013 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert Mischief

"That... That's a big pile of $#!^"

September 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Oh yeah. I forgot about that scene. Thanks for reminding me! lol

September 13, 2013 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Wasn't she "digging" for a cell ph? (MAP or Triumph)
      Yes, Robert M, huge pile!

September 13, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  17. carlthefollower

And this makes you, I imagine, the pinnacle of human creation.

September 11, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Oakspar77777

And they are so important to you that you choose to enshrine them under an article that has nothing to do with them, because you can't stop thinking about them.

If they are truly that low, how low must you, someone whose life is dedicated to them (even if only mocking them), be?

September 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |