Watch: Kanye West's surprise 'Late Night' performance
September 10th, 2013

Watch: Kanye West's surprise 'Late Night' performance

That Kanye West is always so full of surprises.

On Monday night, the rapper swung by "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" with last-minute plans to perform "Bound 2" from his album, "Yeezus." Smartly, he orchestrated his rendezvous to include The Roots and Charlie Wilson.

"Cool thing about doing a show in NYC — anyone can drop by," host Fallon tweeted ahead of Monday night's show. "@KanyeWest surprised us and performed 'Bound 2' tonight on Late Night! #nojoke"

We're not quite sure what West was wearing, but don't let it distract you from the first-ever live rendition of "Bound 2" - or the rapper's sly response to Ray J right off the top.

"Brandy's little sister lame, and he know it now/When a real brother hold you down, you're supposed to drown," West rhymed, perhaps offering payback to girlfriend Kim Kardashian's former flame after Ray J made a song perceived to be about her called "I Hit It First." (For the record, though, Ray J has maintained that "I Hit It First" is not about his prior sex tape partner.)

West seemed to be energetic and in good spirits during the set, which is a positive sign for fans anxiously waiting to purchase tickets to his "Yeezus" tour with Kendrick Lamar.

The journey kicks off in Seattle on October 19 before winding its way across North America with 22 additional stops, concluding in Houston on December 7. Tickets to the "Yeezus" tour go on sale September 13 - the day after tickets to the North American trek of Jay-Z's "Magna Carter" world tour will be available for purchase. (Thankfully, Hov's tour doesn't begin until November 30, so no worries about double-booking.)

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • Kardashians • Late Night comedy • Music • television

« Previous entry
  1. M.A.P.

I also say tomato as in – tomARTo. I bet you say toMATEo lol.

September 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dick Ember

He has no credibility. His gf, Kim K is a SLUG with a rear end that looks like a garbage truck.

September 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daisy

Coming from a person with the name "dick Ember" ... It's a shame only a very bored student like me can come across this and not someone important like say, Kanye. And the only comment I have to you is "pity."

Good day.

September 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. M.A.P.

Kanye is overrated. I own Yeezus and I like it, but the thing that I dislike the most about that album is Kanye's lazy attempt to write good lyrics ("I am a god/In a french damn restaurant/Hurry up with my damn croissants"). He has made being arrogant into an artform and it is so frustrating. The music is produced by other people so I don't give him much credit for the innovative or "edgy" sound on Yeezus, most likely he paid for the best producers/writers.

September 10, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • BIG SHIZ

You should listen to good hip hop, like talib kwelli, the roots, blu and exile, gift of gab or zion I.

September 10, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

The problem with the roots for me is that it's too preachy. I want to have fun too! I like hip hop when it sounds evil or relaxed – not braggy or preachy.

September 10, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BIG SHIZ

You say preachy I say down to earth.

September 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. palintwit

Bristol Palin invented a buttplug that doesn't pop out when you get the hiccups. Her mother Sarah Palin is testing it out

September 10, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |