Today's news you might've missed:
- The people of "Saturday Night Live"-land are rejoicing: Tina Fey is returning to the sketch comedy show as a third-time host on September 28. She'll be followed by Miley Cyrus, who'll be both host and musical guest on October 5.
- If Vin Diesel isn't somewhere counting his millions, he should be. His new movie "Riddick" pulled a fast one on "The Butler" at the box office, and opened at No. 1 with $18.67 million. [Forbes]
- Expect to see Simon Cowell smiling more on this season of "The X Factor." With a baby on the way, the judge tells Ellen DeGeneres that he's "happier than I've ever been." Oh, and P.S.: His baby's mother being a gold digger is "absolute nonsense." (Either way, Cowell should heed Kanye West's advice: she's still got him for 18 years.) [Access Hollywood]
- Britney Spears has been working on her fitness on top of the music. The star's shared snapshots from the set of her "Work, B***h" music video - including one in an itsy bitsy teenie weenie bikini:
- DMX, meanwhile, is showing even more skin in this footage of the rapper running laps - naked - down a hotel hallway: [TMZ]
- Our brains can't handle the imagined cuteness: Sandra Bullock's little man, Louis, gets in guy bonding time with her "Gravity" co-star George Clooney. [Us Weekly]