Robin Thicke: I don't know if I'd be alive without Paula
September 6th, 2013

Robin Thicke: I don't know if I'd be alive without Paula

As far as appearances are concerned, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are happy as clams.

The couple has weathered rumors of infidelity in recent weeks after a photo of Thicke posing with his hand on the rear of an unknown blonde circulated on the Web. Neither Thicke, who's been a magnet for controversy this summer, nor Patton have mentioned the image - or the accompanying rumors that Thicke hasn't been faithful.

But with all the affection the two couple showed one another at Thicke's album party for "Blurred Lines" in New York this week, they probably don't have to.

After all, they do rely on one another through life's peaks and valleys, as the star pair told Prestige Hong Kong magazine.

"I’ve been there for his down moments and he’s been there for mine. Life is full of peaks and valleys," Patton, 37, said. "Robin has always been a great person to remind me to celebrate now. Even when it looks like I’ve got a role but don’t know for sure, he’s like, 'Let’s celebrate!'"

To hear Thicke tell it, he owes a lot to his actress wife.

"I don’t know if I would still be alive in some ways if it wasn’t for Paula," the R&B singer said. "She’s been my rock, my muse, my inspiration and I love her. The whole way."

It's true that Patton piped up with support for her husband's risque music video, "Blurred Lines," which featured nearly nude models. But in spite of the criticism for the music video and the song's lyrics, Thicke's collaboration with Pharrell and T.I. quickly became the song of the summer.

The success of that track alone has impacted his lengthy career "in every single way," Thicke said.

"I’ve had three number-one songs on urban radio. I was doing well. I was doing OK," he told the magazine. "But the difference is when a million people a day watch your video and two hundred million people a week hear your song. One thing it’s done is give me the finances and the power to actually set up my own charity. You can’t get that much and not give most of it back."

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus • Music

1. Robin Thicke appears too be very happy with this woman

good for him....these are the women we want men too meet.

September 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 201 798...

Stop bothering me over this bimbo.--she is gone, out, almost shielded....she's a bimbo

September 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Doc1

He doesn't know what to do with her. Come swing this brown man's way Paula. (49 63718380757)

September 29, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ahem

M.A.P, you come off as a huge man-hater.

September 16, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. R.A.P.

MAP....your just a miserable puke!....seems like your misery needs company.....or your poor and not making the money Robin Thicke is making....I am not a "movie" star kinda person myself and there are many stars and celebs that are idiots and fake people....but I see nothing wrong with him....he seems like a down to earth kinda guy....stop already!....you need to stfu! and live your life....you may realize if you stop complaing, there may be some happiness waiting for you.....lol

September 16, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. dave

So she's to blame....

September 16, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. M.A.P.

He is a revolting womanizer, not just the lyrics, you all saw that picture where he's molesting a 20 year old woman, while his wife is in the next room!? He's a fraud and a pig and he will be a one hit womder like Psy. Goodbye.

September 13, 2013 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. mehh

Umm "lost without you" and "in the morning" were two of his biggest hits. Every time, Robin Thicke comes out with new music, he makes hits. Sure, he doesn't have an album come out every year but that's because he's a real musician.

September 13, 2013 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Never heard of those songs. Guess they were only "hits" to fans of Thicke. Didn't get played outside the US, that's for sure. Hopefully the lyrics aren't as vile as they are on Blurred Lines.

September 13, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ms.g

Obviously you don't know... He's been around for a while. He's not only a singer, but a writer/producer too. He's made big hits for Brandy, Lil Wayne, Brian McKnight, Pink, Mark Anthony, Christine Ag... and even Michael Jackson. He's an artist – plain and simple. Don't hate!

September 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Met a great girl

and has a healthy relationship...good for him.

September 30, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. the_dude

I never heard of this guy is he a christian artist or soemthing?

September 12, 2013 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. landy

OMG, they didn't just get together. She knows about his type of music, and no his dad did NOT get him where his at. Robin
    Is very talented.

September 11, 2013 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. bimbo44

He's better off with the black woman--she not a slob or a hack and she will let him see his mother.

September 10, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chester

Have heard for a long time that they have a semi-open marriage. Stop judging people!!! To each their own!!!!!

September 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Leigh

Musically, he looks like a George Michael-lite. Really lite.....to the point of lifting Marvin Gaye songs to produce something he could sell to his recording label. George Michael also relied on videos with women to sell songs that were fluffy. Ironically though, George Michael was able to get better women, and looked less gay.

September 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Totally! He is like a camp version of George Miichael! Except George would never release such a trashy song. Freedom had the best models in the world in it was one of the "se-xiest" videos ever made, and he did it WITHOUT demeaning women! Amazing.

September 10, 2013 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kareen

All I can say is " Poor woman.

September 8, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Anastasia Beaverhausen

They probably have an open marriage and she tolerates his catting around.

September 14, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. M.A.P.

That poor woman. I can't imagine how it must feel to sit there and here your husband sing such vile lyrics, demeaning women and se-xualizing them to the point where most people would think he's singing about objects or some kind of animal. He can say whatever he wants in interviews, the lyrics do not lie. He is either just desperate to be famous and is willing to sell his soul, or he is really a disgusting pig. I hope his starlight fades quickly. I can't imagine a follow up single being successful, hwe has 1 hit wonder written all over his face.

September 7, 2013 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Ew, also this – "She’s my rock, my muse, my inspiration and I love her" – makes me wanna throw up. Such pretentious, predictable krap that he speaks. Why is this loser famous? Because daddy was on a TV show, that's why. Dumb little rich kid who always gets what he wants has everything handed to him on a silver platter GOD I HATE HIM!!!

September 7, 2013 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

And one last thing: Robin Thicke is suing the remaining relatives of Marvin Gaye because they said Blurred Lines sounds like a rip off of one of his songs (which it does). So that's obviously a really nice person, suing the remaining family members of a TRUE legend for his own personal gain. What an absolute imbecile!

September 7, 2013 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
    • John

You again with your obviously-envious anti-everyone rants. Give it a rest all ready.

September 8, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Stop defending misogynists and I will stop complaining.

September 8, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Perkaderk

oh shut up...

September 8, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • CK1

Um, one-hit wonder? He's had many successful albums. He's famous because he's a talented musician, singer and songwriter, not because his dad was on a mildly successful sitcom. Yeah, "My dad is Alan Thicke, give me an R&B recording contract" is something I'm sure he's said many times. Right. Because ALAN THICKE had that type of pull in the urban music world. If anything, Robin Thicke had to work harder because his dad was who he was. There's something else going on with your baseless hatred of this man that you don't even know. I mean, the argument can be made that Blurred Lines is somewhat misogynistic, but it's pretty tame compared to a lot of other songs. In the end, it's a fun song with a cool beat that got deserved success. You are bitter for another reason you're not sharing. But you made for amusing reading. So...thanks for that I guess.

September 8, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • scotchnsoda

My God M.A.P. Enough already. You're acting like he's the most misoginyst musician in the pop world...have you even bothered to listen to most rap lyrics on the radio? Calm down with your selective feminist agenda. KCCO.

September 9, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • kate

he said his wife was there for the making of the video.

September 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

You people defending him have ulterior motives. You are either fans of Robin Thicke (CK1, John) or you do not see anything wrong with misogyny becoming the norm for pop-stars. I also have a problem with many rap songs which are abusive, but they don't get played every 15 seconds on the radio and on every fcking commercial. He is overrated, unduly.

The song is not that good anyway. CK1 seems to think Thicke was a HUGE star before this song came out. Well, I had never heard of him and neither had most people. Only losers obsessed with music trying so hard to be "se-xy" would know who Robin Thick was one year ago.

September 10, 2013 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
    • C.L.

Blurred Lines!!! Great song, great video!!!!

September 10, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • HairNoShine

the black woman is much more appealing to the public

September 10, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Red

Hey, Hey, Hey it's Marvin Gaye.... oh wait

September 7, 2013 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  17. Richard

Horrible, light-pop talentless hacks dominate music. Aimed at 13 year old girls, the autotuned nightmare will just not end.

September 6, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Donbuoy

I love this picture

September 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Peace ☮

"Peepee", cracks me up everytime!

September 7, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |