Alec Baldwin gets a talk show, and more news to note
September 5th, 2013

Alec Baldwin gets a talk show, and more news to note

Today's news you might've missed:

• Listen up, baby Carmen Baldwin: Daddy's got a brand new show. MSNBC has bestowed actor Alec Baldwin with his very own primetime talk show that'll air on Friday nights starting in October. [NYT]
  • Lamar Odom has checked himself into rehab ... unless he hasn't. No one seems to really know for sure, including his wife, Khloe Kardashian. [LAT/TMZ]
  • Another Oscar is on the way for Angelina Jolie: The star, along with Steve Martin and Angela Lansbury, will receive honorary statues at the next Oscars ceremony. [GossipCop]
  • Mila Kunis is wearing a suspiciously expensive ring on her "I'm taken" finger, and rumor has it she and boyfriend Ashton Kutcher "may have some exciting news to share." [People]
  • Katy Perry goes full-out "Jungle Jane" on us with the music video for "Roar" - and are we the only ones having Russell Brand flashbacks after the ill-timed photography in the first few scenes?

Filed under: While you were working

1. sue

most people have left the site and more are leaving-people are way too busy and have other things too tend too

September 8, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Alec

is way too hot

September 8, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. troll buster to map

You do not need to respond to these hacking/nonsense trolls or to the dating sites. It is my mission, and those of my minions, to keep this blog clean of troll comments. When you respond to them, you are feeding the troll. No worries, they will not be here long. It also does not look good when you post 2 minutes after them. It points a finger at you at perhaps being that troll. (Just a word of advice) So when they annoy the heck out of you, just hit abuse, and join my minions of troll busters out there. The more ppl hitting abuse, the faster these trolls disappear. Remember, you have no excuse, hit abuse. This has been a Marqueeland public announcement.

September 8, 2013 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Ok, I will try not to "feed" it anymore. Can you help me get rid of all my angry posts that sit on the bottom now? That blogger was driving me insane!

September 8, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • troll buster to map

I can do that for you. Never feed the troll, because they won't be there very long anyway. Glad to be of service.

September 8, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

It's like when your at a zoo and they have sogn "do not feed the...." lol.

September 8, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • troll buster to map

You have that exactly right. Ok, I have your "mad comments" deleted. If you are posting from a cell phone, turn the mobile site off. You will then have an abuse button. On computer, it is just there. Remember, you have no excuse, hit abuse. This has been a Marqueeland public announcement.

September 8, 2013 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I don't think the report abuse buttons work for me, maybe because Im outside the US? Im not on a cell phone. Nothing happens when I click on it.

September 8, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Thanks for the leadership...we've been doing this

since September 2012.....well done and thank you

September 8, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • troll buster to map

You may be right on that. I forget that you are out of the country. It does take more than one hit on abuse to get rid of them, though. Rest assured, I will be lurking. I do not like trolls or dating sites, so it is my pleasure to pizz them off. They should have never tried to invade Marqueeland, when the troll buster patrol is on duty. (the post above me is probably a troll, but he was polite, so I left it.)

September 8, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Well, you do seem to have leadership skills that's for sure!

September 8, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • troll buster to map

Thank you, mam. (tipping my hat) Just doing my duty for all the normal ppl that visit Marqueeland. Now, back to troll busting. My work is never done.

September 8, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

Right. This is what I've been doing. I click 'report abuse' EVERY time I see one of these spammers for the dating sites. Don't respond to them. That encourages them. Report it as abuse. I've noticed that they post to every one of the stories on the entertainment section of CNN, under Marqee section. Maybe we can get rid of them, for good.

September 8, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Peace ☮

Alec Baldwin's getting his own talk show? Oh please! We'll see how long that last.
    How can Khloe K not know what her man is up to? Especially something like that.
    Angelina Jolie is gonna receive an honorary statue, I wonder if it will have a leg sticking out of it?
    MAP, Cyber thugs...?

September 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sam Smith

I don't understand how this THUG, hot tempered guy gets the support of the American people. I guess the reason is why they support Ashad in Syria. They love his aggression.

September 7, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. M.A.P.

I think this spammer/blogger/troll from Venezuela is actually a viral campaign for a new movie coming out. The story has a good premise – the "evil" empire (US) has a cancer causing satelite that can send the toxic radioactive superwaves to anywhere on earth in a second! So of course they go straight for Latin America, because y'know they be such a big threat to the US n all.

September 6, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mad

Does anyone read Spanish Crazy?

September 6, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  8. SlapHappy

Alec Baldwin needs a talk show like Stephen Hawking needs new running shoes.

It will though, have some comedic value. People can place bets on the first guest he assaults, yells at, calls a "fat disgusting pig", etc.

September 6, 2013 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. Flagrante Delicto

Baldwin will feel right at home with the rest of the MSNBeCiles!!

September 6, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. JellyBean

That Katy Perry song really su cks.

September 6, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I can't play the video. Can you sing it for me so I know how annoying it is?

September 6, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBeab@M.A.P.

LOL! I'm afraid if I did that I would be more annoying than Katy Perry.

September 6, 2013 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Morning MAP and welcome back Jellybean! I'm on the road today. You know, I have an outfit just like Katy's! No, I don't, but I don't know what to comment on today. Lol... Exactly, who is her fan base anyway? I know that it isn't me, not my kind of music. Well, it is Friday finally. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

September 6, 2013 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hello Sadie MAP and all. Hope your having fun on the road Sadie! I think the majority of Katy's fan base are pubescent teens who wouldn't know good music if it bit them on the a ss. So they listen to these steaming piles of rhinoceros droppings with annoying beats and moronic lyrics. That's my theory on her fan base and fame at least.

September 6, 2013 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Hope all ¡s having a great day. No road rage for you Ms. Sadie :).

September 6, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

*are*

September 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • l m a o

Jelly bean you didn't spell your name correctly in that second post. Why do you need to change your name on here all the time? You use mad name to bc that is hijacked bc he had a circle over his a. I think you are half the posts on here with many handles. Pliny told some dude about the handles that one person uses. I think you are all of them and more. Vixen brought up get a room. You him to? Dude how many handles to you have on here.

September 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Triumph- I meet with clients (no, not that kind lol... mind out of gutters) on Friday's, so there is no fun involved, unless I stop by Peace's, and we go out for lunch. BV- no road rage, but I did get pulled over for speeding last night. He asked me why I was going so fast. I told him I must have been getting into the music. He asked me what I was listening to. I told him ACDC. He said just on that fact, he understood and let me go. Dang, another ACDC fan. How lucky was that! lol...

September 7, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

@Sad¡e; yes that was cool of h¡m. Sometimes you do run into a few good ones. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

September 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. This is to MAP

I'm going to only post this message to you once, seeing you are on every thread crying on how bad we are to you. The purpose of this blog (as stated by CNN) is to post on the topic, with the exception of wyww, or whatever they are calling this one now. We were allowed to chat on this one, but to restrict chatting on the other ones. Again, posting on topic. You don't seem to understand that they do have some rules to this blog. We seem to have driven the point home to you that we are sick of your poop comments, because they have nothing to do with the topics on hand, and frankly, they were quite disgusting to read thread after thread. Not once in the years I have been reading this blog, have I seen any topic about poop. You seem like an intelligent human being when you are actually posting a real comment, but the other ones were disgusting, and have no place on an adult blog. I'm sure if that is your hearts desire, then there must be some blog out there with you in mind. I'm surprised you seem so hurt that we didn't appreciate your comments. Is that the way everyone around you talks? Is so, maybe time to find some new friends. We appreciate the fact that you seem to have put an effort in today, but your constant whining about how cruel we were to you will be the next thing we go after. Grow up and just post. Again, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is in character. He was on Conan, I believe. His tag line was 'for me to poop on". Get it, in character. Alverez, throws a one liner. Not that I enjoy his comments, but he doesn't go on and on like you do. We are sorry we hurt your little feelings, but enough was enough. Again, you seem like a reasonably intelligent person. Do you understand now?

September 6, 2013 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Yes I understand. And my feelings aren't "little".

September 6, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I'm sure you have no idea how it feels to be ganged up on like that , is all i'm saying. It was harsh.

September 6, 2013 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Everyone tried to tell you before, but you didn't get it, then you took it too far. We, as adults, come here to comment and read the funny comments. Your poop comments were neither one. You sounded more like a little kid crying for attention, then an adult posting a comment. We are sorry we hurt your feelings, but sometimes it takes that to get our point across. You now know our feelings, and I think the message was received. Just post, nobody is mad, just leave the poop humor to yourself. And one more thing, if you think you are the only one on this blog that has been ganged up on, then you really haven't been around here for very long.

September 6, 2013 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Message received, although it took personal insults to achieve it. I never see anyone ganging up on the rac-ist, se-xist or ho-mo-phobic posts put up daily, it's funny what some people decide to get offended about.

September 6, 2013 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • !

Okay vixen drop it, he got the message. Your upside down exclamation point gave you away. lmao

September 6, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Måd

Considering the funky state of the Marquee(hacker trolls/ruskie dating spam/etc) the poo comments don't really bother me. Never really found them funny but such is life.

September 6, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen @8:43 a.m.

Sorry sweetie, I don't post in black. Maybe it's Get a Room. Just say¡ng :)

September 6, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

I had an urge to post a comment on THAT subject matter and I stopped myself beforehand. You should be proud.

September 8, 2013 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
    • @MAP

What subject matter?

September 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • n the troll is

@ vixen if u dont post in black why did u post in black In the 'm and m' thread

September 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. M machine

alec is HOT

September 6, 2013 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. M.A.P.

I imagie that Mr Baldwin's talk show will be awkward at first. Is he funny? I have only seen him doing mediocore humor and drama. Should be interesting to see.

**I hope this post didn't offend any delicate eyes and minds.

September 6, 2013 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. M.A.P.

Wow, and you guys think I'm the greatest annoyance on this blog?

September 6, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

MAP I don't think you're annoying at all. In fact I find you to be quite nice. Care for some poopcorn?

September 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. M.A.P.

Yes ploise! It's good to feel appreciated. Not good to be mobbed by cyber thugs!

September 7, 2013 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  17. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I thought you could use some kind and friendly words after all that :). Enjoy your poopcorn!

September 7, 2013 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |