'DWTS' cast rumors heat up, and more news to note
August 28th, 2013

'DWTS' cast rumors heat up, and more news to note

While you were working:

• A week before "Dancing With the Stars" is set to announce it's latest cast on September 4, the rumor mill is clogged with talk of who's potentially signing up. Among the names being tossed out: Valerie Harper, Leah Remini, "Jersey Shore's" Snooki and Elizabeth Berkley, who will probably be forced to reprise something from "Showgirls." [THR]
  • It isn't often that a piece of gossip leaves us stumped, but there's a first time for everything: Kanye West maybe recruited Miley Cyrus for a "Black Skinheads" remix. [Billboard]
  • If the only thing you want in life is to watch "World War Z" and "Star Trek: Into Darkness" back-to-back, then lucky you: Paramount is running a double feature special from August 30 to September 5. [Paramount]
  • Perhaps Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones need to hit Netflix: Melissa Joan Hart says watching "Friday Night Lights" changed her marriage. (We won't knock it until someone else tries it.) [EW]
  • Also in the news: Today the Internet mistook a picture of baby Drake for Blue Ivy. [HuffPost]

Filed under: While you were working

1. maria

It use to be a good show ,now? I don't think so ,they are putting too much trash there and people who really are dancers like the last one skinny young girl (forgot her name) she works in Disney channel) Donny Osmond or the Mario Lopez , the guy who works in "Extra" ,all this people are dancers ....... and it is not fair to the ones who never dance before ,how they going to deal with Valerie Harper that woman is ill she is in remission this dancing requires a lot of exercise ,a lot of stamina ,I think they are putting her on it, for ratings ,drama is all she is not going to make it for sure .I don't think she is ready ,unless her illness was one more way to be in the tabloids ,everything from Hollywood I don't believe it!

August 30, 2013 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Peace ☮

Snookie on DWTS? Lol, can't wait to tell starrfire that one!

August 29, 2013 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Eih! I don't watch this show, but I might have to catch it at least once, just to see Snooki. I wonder if a judge gives her a bad review, will she try to punch them out? How about the other dancers? Are they at risk? Maybe motherhood has mellowed her out. lol...

August 29, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey Sadie! Isn't Snookie the one who "p'd" on the floor at the club? Maybe she'll do it again on DWTS. Lol!

August 29, 2013 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Actually, she was the one that got punched out by some guy..lol. He hit her hard too. Lol..I have to laugh, because when I look around, all I see are crazy people coming out of the woodwork.

August 29, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Latrone

I want Miley Cyrus to compete. She's a shoo-in for the twerking event, and I want to see all those mommas doing it. See how Kanye recruited Miley for his black skinhead vid remake? Yeahh, corrupting all those wholesome little disney grlzz. Maybe Miley can break up the relationship with Kim K with her own little "accidental" video release. Kim K a single mom, LMAO!

August 29, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  4. palintwit

DWTS producers told Bristol Palin to leave her buttplug at home this time if she wants to be on the show again. It kept popping out the last time she was on and someone in the audience almost got hurt.

August 29, 2013 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |