Today's news you might've missed:
- After all of the drama from the MTV VMAs, the network execs can at least sleep easy tonight. The show saw a 66 percent uptick in ratings over last year, pulling in 10.1 million viewers.
- And if there's any lesson to take away from the event, it isn't that twerking with stuffed animals is probably a bad idea. (Although that's true.) It's that you should never, under any circumstances, sit in front of Rihanna. Things could get salty. [BuzzFeed]
- The tree that Kanye West performed in front of at Sunday's show wasn't picked at random - but you likely knew that already, because this is Kanye we're talking about. Indeed, that tree has a far larger story than just appearing on the VMAs: [MTV]
- "12 Monkeys" might become a Syfy drama, but the pilot order is cast-contingent - which we're hoping means that the network is somehow trying to land Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt for this. [Deadline]
- Have you had time to fully digest the "Divergent" trailer yet? If not, here's the clip for further stewing: