What was that about strippers, Kelly Clarkson?
August 26th, 2013

What was that about strippers, Kelly Clarkson?

Kelly Clarkson is a little late to the VMAs party, but she can sum it up in just two words.

"Just saw a couple performances from the VMA's last night," Clarkson tweeted Monday. "2 words.... #pitchystrippers."

Ouch! But before anyone takes offense, perhaps Clarkson was paying a compliment. (We said "perhaps.")

"WTF? That wasn't very nice," one of the singer's followers tweeted.

Clarkson replied with a laugh and what we would only imagine was a shrug to rival Kanye West's: "that WAS me being nice!" she said.

Justin Timberlake, meanwhile, is also riding the high of last night's festivities. The winner of the Video of the Year award felt compelled to pen an open letter to his fans over on his website, thanking them for their support since his big comeback was announced in January.

"The last time I wrote you an open letter ... I promised that it would be a 'Big 2013,'" Timberlake said. "Since then, from The Grammys to the release of the first part of 'The 20/20 Experience' to the crowd's response at the VMAs, it's been a wild ride. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have."

But Timberlake's just getting started. The second half of "The 20/20 Experience" is scheduled to arrive on September 30, and although the songs it holds were written with the others over a year ago.

"It's been so hard to wait this long to release them," Timberlake writes. "I can't wait for all of you to hear 'The 20/20 Experience' in full."

This wouldn't be Timberlake if he didn't offer a tease, and sure enough, the singer has shared a two-minute promo that takes fans behind-the-scenes of the making of "20/20."

"It was like no other time I've ever had in the studio," Timberlake said. "Catch your breath ... We've still got the 3rd and 4th quarter to go. This is too much fun."

Filed under: Celebrities • MTV VMAs • Music • television

1. Linda

Kelly Clarkson has one of the BEST voices in the business and has a trail of number 1 records. Yeah, I wish she would lose some weight because it distracts from her beautiful voice, but she is a great person, and spoke the truth. The Miley Cyrus performance was not a performance, it was total trash entertainment. Come on people, have some class, which Kelly Clarkson indeed has. The music Industry takes Kelly seriously, they laugh at Miley.

August 29, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

Too bad we cant take the music industry seriously

August 29, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • harlequin666

She has five albums and 30 singles.

September 15, 2013 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • okiejoe

You've obviously never seen film of Kate Smith. She was a large woman and one of the greatest singers of the 30's and 40's. Look up her recording of "God Bless America."

September 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. alucarD

I want her to twerk me while i stick out my tongue

August 29, 2013 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lucy

Come on people...you can not tell me you weren't thinking the same thing. I know I was, but then again I think Miley is always pitchy.

August 29, 2013 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bimbo Sh-t Tek

Kelly is famous for making her men look stupid

August 28, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. derp

Two words for you Kelly, huge butt.

August 28, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. JellyBean

The 2 for 2 promo sounds a lot like MJ.

August 28, 2013 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Josh

And in 1964, "The Beatles" hair was too long. This is your 2013 freak out.

August 27, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Edward

Kelly can sing, but she's never been accused of being pretty. She won a contest, otherwise her comments might be confined to some couch somewhere.

August 27, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anti-Eddie

What? Many many people, including me, consider her pretty. No, she may not be a svelte runway model-type, but she is certainly very attractive. A great personality and a terrific smile go a long way in my book, too.

August 28, 2013 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jane

its the personality and confidence that go a long way. Kelly is not a runway model she has a good personality and a killer voice.

August 28, 2013 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
    • generationnext

Well she aint interesting in banging anyone anyway, lucky for all of you who think the music industry is the modeling industry. Comments like this show how messed up the industry is. People confuse looks with music. Pretty doesn't equal talent. I'm not buying a bad song just because you're pretty. There will be a lot of pretty faces, but very few talented individuals.

September 1, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Plato

Post Newtown massacre, many lamented cultural debasement with rap glamorizing the thug life and drug dealing and drive-bys. In rap videos, where twerking originated, the women were objectified as sechs objects to be consumed by males. But that was a niche genre. Miley Cyrus isn't in that niche. This shows that cultural degradation going mainstream. Great victory for the women's lib movement. How many kids watched that? You'll see at the next middle school or elementary dance where the prepubescent kids start twerking. This depravity is pervasive.

August 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Plato

I recall a thread on this forum about Adele, similar to Clarkson in that she sings well but is a little corpulent. Most popular culture is foisted upon us, like the Kardashians. To the extent we select, you may incline towards aural sensation – a good singer – or visual sensation – a twerking semi p0rn show like Miley Cyrus. The entertainment industry will feed all tastes, as culture moves to the lowest common denominator.

August 27, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • generationnext

Well said. I think most people are getting bored with aural entertainment as it's becoming too common. They're waiting for the newest act...even if people don't admit it, Miley Cyrus is the most talked about person right now, next to the War on Syria.

September 1, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jamabu

"paying a compliment?" I don't think so....I think Clarkson meant she could have said much worse if she hadn't chosen to be "nice;" and much worse could have been said about the fiasco the VMAs turned out to be.

August 27, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |