Selena Gomez: My acting needs work
August 22nd, 2013

Selena Gomez: My acting needs work

Expect to see Selena Gomez on the big screen as often as you'll see her on stage.

The 21-year-old star told CNN that while she enjoys bouncing between her singing career and her acting career and is at ease with both, it's her acting that she's dead set on improving.

"I just think I need to get better at acting," Gomez said. "And in order to do that, I need to do more of it."

That's understandably difficult when she's trying to promote a new album, but Gomez is pulling it off: she'll next appear alongside Ethan Hawke and Jon Voight in the August 30 action thriller "Getaway" while also working on her tour.

"I feel like music was really such a great outlet for me. It's therapeutic, it's so much fun," Gomez explained. "Obviously being able to be on stage and dance around, it's awesome, and you just have a good time and the adrenaline's taking over. But I have to do more (acting) to get better so I want to do that. It's like my own personal thing."

On Sunday, Gomez won't be performing or acting - she'll be presenting at the MTV Video Music Awards.

1. buy blu cigs in stores

Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and terrific style and design.

November 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Continued

Its definitely brilliant YouTube video in terms of features, actually pleasant, its quality is actually appreciable.

November 1, 2013 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. discussion of medical benefits in house...report her as abuse

thanks-the name was michalina not michelle

October 28, 2013 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. fifty one electronic cigarette e liquid

You got a definitely helpful blog I've been right here reading for about an hour. I'm a newbie and your accomplishment is quite a lot an inspiration for me.

October 28, 2013 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ava Stanford

First time visit here and have your good write-up. May I have a copy of this guide?

October 13, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JUSTIN BIEBER

Hi Me JUSTIN BIEBER I'm HAPPY FOR You SELENA GOMEZ

October 4, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joanna

No even close....doc her

August 28, 2013 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mrs. Awesome

Haha!

August 28, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • JoOn

you were asked a question how come you did not announce I had 8 grand in my account--why? cuz
      your coward daz why....DOC HER

August 28, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Chicken Wife

win50

August 28, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Alvarez

I think Selena might enjoy a nice butt bagel stuffed in her mouth.

August 27, 2013 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Chucklehead

The only I want to with her is bend her over a table and butter her muffin.

August 26, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. Meh

Music and acting are both dead industries for the newbies out there. 2 chord songs and limited "Twilight" acting are all that are required from folks these days. I think if kids had to study these days, they would implode.

August 26, 2013 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nicole Lea

Careful Selena you might get deported if you do not have your green card. You still act better then you sing.

August 26, 2013 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. SKY

FACT: SOME CHOSE TO MAKE MONEY WITH THEIR TALENTS AND SOME CHOSE TO MAKE MONEY
    WITH THEIR CHILD LIKE MADE LITTLE BODY....FOR PERVERTS ONLY....

August 25, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. doctorstrangeluv

Don't worry Selena, we never thought you could act. You're cute with a perky little body, that is all anyone is looking at, no one ever noticed or cared about your lack of acting ability

August 25, 2013 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cudge

I'm ready, Selena...can I come and "get it?"

August 24, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MichaelChatt

WOW, it's amazing how many people should really not be allowed on the Internet. This a beautiful girl who has been working almost her entire life. She does not deserve the horrid kinds of comments some of you losers are sending her way. It Speaks bad of CNN that most of you are allowed to post on these forums again.

I'm not sure what the Internet has done to some of you sad little children was worth the improvements it has made to the world.

We need to plant chips in everyones head and if more than 10 people think your being a Douch online then we should be able to click a button and at 10 negative feed backs it shocks the stupid right out of your heads. Some people will never be respectful decent human beings without consequences being dished out for bad behavior.

August 23, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scamp

You are so correct, Mike. TESTIFY. You people disgust me. Selena is a beautiful, talented young woman. She will bare her tiddies and nether-region lady parts for the world to see when she's damn good and ready. Hopefully sooner than later.

August 24, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. shai

Selena youre doin just fine nothing to worry about now lets show off your singing right now

August 23, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Whatever happened to the time when singing and acting both required some level of talent???

August 22, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Trollston

I know right? Please tell us more about your accomplishments in life that far surpass somebody who made more money before her 20th birthday than you'll make your whole life...

please stfu & gtfo

August 24, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • @John the troll

John, moron, it 's always about money with small minded and probably small packaged idiots like you, isn't it? Nevermind the fact that she's a lousy singer and novice actress, not to to mention that if the media touts someone enough, morons like you will buy their crap. So, John the moron, forget the fact that no actor/actress/songer these days does a damned thing to justify the money they make. Tell me, John the moron, what have you done to justify your holiermthan thou comment?

August 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |